Arm Rest Fillers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Arm Rest Fillers

Hey so I bought these off of Ebay...

Yes I know they come from China , but I thought they would be better than having the useless gap that is there now.

They fit extremely well and now I can put things like my cell phone or what ever fits in there.

Just posting in case anyone else wondered if they fit well.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Arm Rest Fillers

You must have gotten a good set. I also bought them, waited about a month for them, and they fit like crap. I think the foam is too thick and prevents them from sitting down all the way. I removed them and they are on my work bench waiting for me to decide what to do. I may try to trim the foam thinner so they fit better or sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Maybe the sellers aren't all selling the same make? Spyder, Can you post a link to the one's you purchased?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KennyE View Post
      Maybe the sellers aren't all selling the same make? Spyder, Can you post a link to the one's you purchased?

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/FIT-FOR-2009-20...=1709879340011

Mine I got off Amazon a couple of years ago when I first got my XC60.

They've been flawless. A little tight fit but they are awesome.

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

I have a set for my wife's XC60 and my V60. I also bought a center console coin tray for both vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '15 XC60 RD Onyx Black Metallic (The Beast)
      '15.5 V60 RD Black Sapphire (The Griswold)
      '87 Chrysler 5th Ave Brown (The Floater)
      Former Vehicles: '00 Ford Expedition, '06 Scion Tc, '03 Nissan Altima 3.5, '93 BMW 325, '95 and '93 Nissan Maxima

Quote Originally Posted by dnlaly View Post
      I have a set for my wife's XC60 and my V60. I also bought a center console coin tray for both vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I just bought the coin tray for the center console also. It fits well!

Well, I purchased the arm fillers earlier this month. They are somewhere between here and there. Delivery by mid-May.

It's not a "useless gap", it's the door handle. But playing along: so with that little cup in and presumably stuff in it, doesn't said stuff get in the way of you pulling the door closed? Doesn't said stuff rattle or vibrate while driving? I guess I don't understand what you would put in there that you wouldn't put in the door pockets, seat pockets, center compartment or glove box? Theoretically I see it as a temporary and handy place to put your phone, but then the rattling/vibrating plus somewhat awkward short reach to retrieve it while seated. Not to rain on your parade.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      It's not a "useless gap", it's the door handle. But playing along: so with that little cup in and presumably stuff in it, doesn't said stuff get in the way of you pulling the door closed? Doesn't said stuff rattle or vibrate while driving? I guess I don't understand what you would put in there that you wouldn't put in the door pockets, seat pockets, center compartment or glove box? Theoretically I see it as a temporary and handy place to put your phone, but then the rattling/vibrating plus somewhat awkward short reach to retrieve it while seated. Not to rain on your parade.
      I ordered them because my wife wants them. So .....

Quote Originally Posted by KennyE View Post
      I ordered them because my wife wants them. So .....
      I thought about something like these for the phone until I splurged on the Kuda and Pro-clip mount. This and similar may make for a handier mini-storage rather than the door handle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-Car-...RYdfZk&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Air-Vent...NYa2SV&vxp=mtr

Just saw this for temporary trash disposal..hmm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Door-Slo...NYzVl-&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      I will assume you're playing devil's advocate and not just some silly goat who's only ever driven Volvos with useless door gaps your entire life.

Lots of things go in there. Just like any other cubby hole.

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

Nothing rattles in there anymore than anywhere else in the car. It's a great spot for my candy and it doesn't impede the door closing process at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      I will assume you're playing devil's advocate and not just some silly goat who's only ever driven Volvos with useless door gaps your entire life.

Lots of things go in there. Just like any other cubby hole.
      Yep, I can honestly say that I leave my dedicated door handles un-molested. Picturing you reaching to close your door then realizing you found your missing sticks of gum; now melted and somewhat attached to your fingers. Like you suggest, there are lots of other cubby holes to enjoy, so no reason to abuse your little door handle "gap".

Btw, I am a Capricorn, so goat applies...silly variety mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder999 View Post
      Nothing rattles in there anymore than anywhere else in the car. It's a great spot for my candy and it doesn't impede the door closing process at all.
      Yes, hot sticky melted candy in the door handle. Sure, why not...

I bought a front set for mine off Amazon as well. Purpose was not for extra storage; I would naturally put my phone there and it would fall though . Fit was on the tighter side but I find it much better than having a open handle!

The coin holder is awesome too; gotta love the little things!
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post
      Purpose was not for extra storage; I would naturally put my phone there and it would fall though .
      I did the same exact thing for the first month or so that I had my XC60 as that was the storage spot for my smartphone in my previous vehicle. It was a hard habit to break!
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD

For those looking for a phone mount, I purchased this from Pearl: https://pearlauto.com/phone-mount

I use the adhesive mount for the dash directly above the screen. Looks great and functions perfectly.

You realize that they started packaging candy in the 1950's...you dont have to let it melt out of the package.
      2005 S40
      2010 C30 R Design
      2012 XC60 R Design

Quote Originally Posted by jackson2275 View Post
      For those looking for a phone mount, I purchased this from Pearl: https://pearlauto.com/phone-mount

I use the adhesive mount for the dash directly above the screen. Looks great and functions perfectly.
      Yeah I was looking at that same mount...but a little cheaper.
      2005 S40
      2010 C30 R Design
      2012 XC60 R Design

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas.brian23 View Post
      I did the same exact thing for the first month or so that I had my XC60 as that was the storage spot for my smartphone in my previous vehicle. It was a hard habit to break!
      Ha, figures now that I have it...I don;t ever put my phone there any more. Also, I got this for both my caR's. https://smile.amazon.com/Kenu-Airfra...airframe&psc=1

I do however like that Pearl.
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

Quote Originally Posted by smeaglescaR View Post
      Ha, figures now that I have it...I don;t ever put my phone there any more. Also, I got this for both my caR's. https://smile.amazon.com/Kenu-Airfra...airframe&psc=1
      I have the same Kenu airframe mount in my XC60! Looks like we both found the same solution to the same problem.
      2013 XC60 T6 AWD

25. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements