Small coolant leak. Help with part?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Small coolant leak. Help with part?

So I was about to leave for school today and saw a small puddle of coolant under my car. It is that plastic T piece on the upper radiator hose. Since it is Sunday and the dealership is closed I had to take my parents car and will have my dad replace it tomorrow. The part is what I have in the picture if you can see it. I found something on fcp. Is this correct? Also does anyone know how much it is ay the dealer? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...0-v50-30723082.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What a fun job! Must be that time of year. I just posted the part numbers for someone over on C30Crew. FCPEuro, Tasca, and others will likely be better than dealer prices.

30723082 for auto trans.
      30723083 for manual trans.
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Thank you! Lucky for my dad I already removed the stock airbox

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wernerj18 View Post
      Thank you! Lucky for my dad I already removed the stock airbox

Cool. That's a tricky part. Remember to get him to drain the coolant before disconnecting the old hose. There's still going to be lots in there!

Just get the entire silicone kit from Ipd so you don't have to worry about it ever again. That t hose cost like $70 from the dealership.

That stage 2/3 black&yellow m66
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      Just get the entire silicone kit from Ipd so you don't have to worry about it ever again. That t hose cost like $70 from the dealership.

That stage 2/3 black&yellow m66
      The kit is only for a manual IIRC.

That's wierd it is only for the manual. Is there an extra line for the auto transmission or something ?

That's wierd it is only for the manual. Is there an extra line for the auto transmission or something ?

Yes. There are extra hoses that run to the transmission cooler.

So I was about to leave for school today and saw a small puddle of coolant under my car. It is that plastic T piece on the upper radiator hose. Since it is Sunday and the dealership is closed I had to take my parents car and will have my dad replace it tomorrow. The part is what I have in the picture if you can see it. I found something on fcp. Is this correct? Also does anyone know how much it is ay the dealer? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...0-v50-30723082.

IPD has aftermarket ones for a lot cheaper than OEM... it is rubber and plastic after all. I'd get replacement hoses ASAP, though. That plastic T joint is brittle, and heat + pressure can make that joint fail faster than you would think. I've heard of people on here blowing head gaskets because of the failure of that part.

I vouched for the silicone kit, but if you have an auto, that's not an option for you unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlevang View Post
      IPD has aftermarket ones for a lot cheaper than OEM... it is rubber and plastic after all. I'd get replacement hoses ASAP, though. That plastic T joint is brittle, and heat + pressure can make that joint fail faster than you would think. I've heard of people on here blowing head gaskets because of the failure of that part.

I vouched for the silicone kit, but if you have an auto, that's not an option for you unfortunately.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      I ordered the part yesterday. Should be here by tomorrow. I remember reading a post about it when I first got this car. Wish I took that advice at replacing it then now.
      There was also a thread going around about putting a fluid level sensor of some sort on these. Wonder what happened with that

I just found mine leaking today. I replaced the upper radiator hose on my first V50 but it was an automatic. The dealer had the hose in stock. Replacing it was a PITA. The hose on the manual doesn't look so bad. How readily available are the upper hoses for the manual cars?

I don't want to drive my car like this since it is leaking pretty bad. I'll borrow my son's '01 S40 to get the part but had a scare tonight. He took a walk in the woods and lost his only key/remote. By the grace of God he found it, in the dark at the edge of the woods. We really need to get a 2nd set.

Stan
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer)

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements