Any options to remove or raise speed limiter?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Any options to remove or raise speed limiter?

190kph is lame to say the least. The dealer printed off my build sheet off for me, and I see it said 190 kph limit. Sure enough, that's what it is. I wonder if one had a 3 day sub , if there is a way to switch it? Its (190 kph)listed as an option code. Might be worth the 71 $ to try it. Do any tunes remove this? I don't really want a tune, as 93 is hard to find around here.
      02 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity ---- for sale
      13 XC60 T6R-Design-Ice White-IPD exhaust-Soon:do88 intercooler
      15 Chrysler 200c ---- Mopar Tech

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BellevilleV70 View Post
      190kph is lame to say the least. The dealer printed off my build sheet off for me, and I see it said 190 kph limit. Sure enough, that's what it is. I wonder if one had a 3 day sub , if there is a way to switch it? Its (190 kph)listed as an option code. Might be worth the 71 $ to try it. Do any tunes remove this? I don't really want a tune, as 93 is hard to find around here.
      Usually, an aftermarket tune will remove the limiter.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

The PREMIUM aftermarket tune...at least with Elevate, which was worth every penny, but I just couldn't spring for the limiter removal--didn't have any plans to rent Daytona...YMMV
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How fast do you guys drive up there in the frozen North?

Quote Originally Posted by KennyE View Post
      How fast do you guys drive up there in the frozen North?
      Only 190 kph I guess!
      02 V70 2.4T - EST exhaust/Elbrus 18x8s/Conti DW/Eibach/Koni FSD/Polk Audio/Boston Acoustics/Infinity ---- for sale

Quote Originally Posted by BellevilleV70 View Post
      Only 190 kph I guess!
      Good answer!! Snorted coffee on that one!!

If a tune can remove the limiter, try contacting a firm that does tunes and ask if it's possible to only have the limiter removed?

Personally I like the idea of having a high top speed but I've yet to try maxing my S80 V8 which will do 250 km/h, I usually back off at 230 since few roads I've been on so far have been smooth enough to make 210+ km/h driving very enjoyable, or even bareable. To be honest I rarely take it above 160-170.
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

I constantly get a bad time from the wife because of my girly 115 mph top speed, something about the fact that her car is 40 mph faster. We have a number of places in Arizona where it can be an issue, though law enforcement does frown on it.
      Volvo: 2015.5 XC60 RD Plat. arrest-me red w/ Climate, BLIS & OEM trailer hitch. IPD skid plate & rear sway bar
      Others: 2013 Audi S5, 1957 MG ZB Magnette, 1953 MG TD, 1948 Willys Jeepster, 1935 Ford 5W Dlx Cpe and others

[QUOTE=KennyE;5200185]Good answer!! Snorted coffee on that one!! [IMG]http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Smiley25

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Azlkk View Post
      I constantly get a bad time from the wife because of my girly 115 mph top speed, something about the fact that her car is 40 mph faster. We have a number of places in Arizona where it can be an issue, though law enforcement does frown on it.
      Ya, my 4cyl. 200 does 210kph

So, are you telling us that your wife hits triple digits when she gets the opportunity? And north of 120 mph?
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      So, are you telling us that your wife hits triple digits when she gets the opportunity? And north of 120 mph?
      Occasionally on I40, there's not much out there to relieve the boredom. Not many other places where you can drive on an Interstate for hours without seeing a town.
      Volvo: 2015.5 XC60 RD Plat. arrest-me red w/ Climate, BLIS & OEM trailer hitch. IPD skid plate & rear sway bar
      Others: 2013 Audi S5, 1957 MG ZB Magnette, 1953 MG TD, 1948 Willys Jeepster, 1935 Ford 5W Dlx Cpe and others

I barely know anyone irl who has a car that'll do much more than 200 km/h let alone upwards of 250! Is your girlfriend single?
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyoho View Post
      I barely know anyone irl who has a car that'll do much more than 200 km/h let alone upwards of 250! Is your girlfriend single?
      You can have my American wife if you take over payments (on her, not the car).

Her Audi is speed limited to 155 mph, I've heard true top speed is 165+.

You can have my American wife if you take over payments (on her, not the car).

+.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements