Easiest routing thru firewall for a boost gauge hose ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Easiest routing thru firewall for a boost gauge hose ?

Hi Guys, I'm busy installing a boost gauge in my 2004 S60R. All is fine except can anyone tell me then easiest way to get the hose with the boost gauge pressure sources thru the firewall ?
      Many thanks,
      Dean.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got mine through the drivers side footwell where the battery cable comes in, careful if you go slicing around that cable though, might get a nasty shock. It was the perfect location for a HU mounted boost g
      Mystic Silver 2005 S60 2.5t, Eight8Fab Downpipe and Custom Cat-Back Exhaust, Hilton Stage 2 Tune. Custom 3" CAI ( R-Kelly Style)

OK thanks Adam, I'll have a look quick...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi Adam, your car is left hand drive I presume ? I looked on the left side of mine but there doesnt seem to be anything behind the glovebox, I'll try looking under the steering -- can you give me any pointers ? (high up or low down , left or right of the column itself ?) ?
      Thanks,
      Dean.

Another good way that iPD suggests in hooking up their boost gauge (could be applicable to other gauges, I did this myself with the gauge I use) is to pull the line through the dash fuse panel area, out through the door jamb and behind the drivers fender into the engine bay. It seemed there wasn't any easy access through the firewall under the dash, at least not easy access like my old '01 S40 had. This really is only good for if you mount it at the A-pillar or run the line under/behind the dash to the far left side towards the door if mounting in the center console area.
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

Thanks phixion! I just did a search based on your suggestion and find this, looks perfect gonna try it tomorrow :

"Under the hood, on the driver side of the engine compartment, locate the plastic fuse box labeled
      “MAIN FUSES”. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to depress the tab locks (one on the front and one on
      the side closest to the fender) and carefully pop the fuse box out of its bracket. Lay it to the side to
      gain access to the pass thru below. The pass thru is a plastic flexible tube that passes through the
      firewall, it has a rubber cap on each end with several nipples on each cap. Locate the end of the
      pass thru and pull the entire rubber cap free from the plastic flex tubing, this will allow the gauge
      tubing to pass through from the interior of the car. Leave this open for the time being."
      Once the tubing for the gauge has been pushed through the passthrough, cut off the tip of one of the smaller nipples and feed the tubing through the open nipple.

Watch the ipd video and it will show you exactly what you need to do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I was on the ipdusa site, but I couldnt find the video - I'll work from the description ...

Quote Originally Posted by za.S60R View Post
      Thanks, but I was on the ipdusa site, but I couldnt find the video - I'll work from the description ...
      Ahh, here you go! https://youtu.be/l07S8FUm8-U

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thats fantastic, thanks phixion. I checked it out and got the hose through in about a half hour. Brilliant!

Really, thanks a ton !

Now just to sort out the interior

No problem, glad that it was able to work for you! That's the easiest way I know of for our cars, and the way that most use to do that. I love iPDs videos!

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements