Shift knob for an '03 automatic.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Shift knob for an '03 automatic.

Does anyone know if you can do something to where you can shift out of park, into park etc... without pressing the button in a 2003 S60? I really want a new knob because I hate the factory one.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, you can remove the parts that engage the locking system but it's risky. Without it you can bump the shifter out of park and have it roll away, or you could bump it in to park while driving. Same with reverse.

You think "oh that won't happen" and then some rowdy friend of yours starts a tickle fight with other passengers and bam - ruined transmission and/or accident.

That wouldn't happen to me now but it did actually happen to me when I was in college. Except I didn't disable the button so they just kicked the shifter into neutral.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Pure Turbos Hybrid, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, JZW tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements