SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Omar's SR Build (It's going to be nasty)

17K views 259 replies 31 participants last post by  dougy 
#1 · (Edited)
Well the time has come to make it official! In 4 years i've managed to collect three R's; one blew up, the other was murdered by a truck and the third treated by the former owners like a read headed orphan during the depression... God willing, third time will be the charm. For the last 2 years i've been buying and squirreling parts for this day. Hopefully you guys will be able to see her in her full glory for Carlisle. Without further suspense I present to you Omar's build parts list, taaadaaaa:

IPD:
Endlinks (4)
Front and Rear Sway bars (25mm)
Strut Mount
Rear Chassis Brace
DEM Cover
ThrottleBody Spacer
SS Brake lines
Offset Camber Bushings
Toe Control Arms

Defí Gauges (52mm Racer Series):
Oil Temp
Water Temp
EGT
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure
Voltage

Innovate:
Innovate PowerSafe Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

CF Works:
Gauge Pod
Inner Mirror Cover

VIVA:
Lower Front and Rear Braces
Triple Gauge Pod
AC Vent Gauge Pod
Winglet Splitter
Competition Valve Spring/Retainer Kit,
Stainless Steel Intake Valve Upgrade

Inconel
:
Exhaust Valves

SPEC:
Clutch 3+
Flywheel

Quiffe:
LSD

PDV:
HD Collar Gear

BorgWarner
:
EFR 7064 Turbo

TurboSmart:
Waste-gate

Kaphlenke Racing:
Lower Suspension Bushing Kit

BC Racing:
Coilovers (DR)

R1 Concepts:
Slotted & Crossed Drilled Rotors (4)
Pads

Wiseco:
Forged Pistons

Darton:
Sleeves

ARP:
Main Stud Kit

K1:
Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods, 143mm

Mishimoto
:
3-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can

ENEM:
Performance Camshafts

Snabb:
ULTIMATE BIG VOLVO INTERCOOLER KIT
S/VR HIGH FLOW INTAKE KIT WITH 4" MAF BODY
PERFORMANCE TURBO INTAKE PIPE (w/ all the extras)

Milletech:
Intake Manifold
Fuel Rail

Leviathon (Cody Halm):
Exhaust Manifold
Downpipe (3.5)
Exhaust (3.5)
Water Line
Oil Lines
Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge Sensor Adaptor

RAY'S VOLK:
GT-C 17 X 8.5

SNOW PERFORMANCE
:
EFI Gas Engines Stage 3 Boost Cooler Water Injection
Safe Injection Unit
Flow Meter

OneEighty:
Custom Projector E-Code Headlights

TWM:
M1 Abrams Shift Knob

AEROMOTIVE STEALTH
:
Fuel pump

Speedish Carbon:
A- Pillars
Dash Cowel
Center Console
Gauge Cluster
Inner Door Trim
Mirror Caps
Head Unit Assembly

Brembo:
Completely stripped and refinished in Brembo Red.

RedLineGoods:
Custom Steering Wheel

Powerflex:
Lost track of all the ones I bought.

I will periodically update parts as to be honest i'm sure there are some parts missing or in the mail :). Also I know some of you offered to help out on the build with small things here and there. I would love nothing more and if you want to help; please let me know in advance. I will post w/e i'll be at the garage (watertown) working on her. Free food, drinks, smokes etc to anyone who comes.

See less See more
#5 ·
Are you doing any porting to go with the upgraded plumbing? At the least I'd recommend giving the ports a light clean up to eliminate the rough casting imperfections.

#7 ·
I really wanted to do a port but at this point I don't want anything else holding me up from completing before Carlisle. I agree with you 100% that it be beyond beneficial for the build. Possibly a cleaning but again I don't want any hold ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Lol 8 in total. Triple pod on the speaker, 2 on the gauge cluster, 2 by the radio, AC Vent and the one the door. I know that's 9 but since I combined boost and A/F I have an extra. I'll put my finger in it jajajaja.

#14 ·
Thanks man. Yea I really love the black/Gold two tone and Rays makes amazing wheels. I may have the car painted Polestar Blue as well so may even pop more.

#12 · (Edited)
But seriously, so many nice and refined items on the engine, suspension and outside and then a gauge-charade on the inside?!
Can 't look at 8 gauges at once do you?

Did you consider something like the multi-gauge PLX devices? One digital gauge for different outputs instead of one gauge for boost, one gauge for afr, one gauge for egt, one gauge for oil temp, etc.....
http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-Air-Fuel-Ratio-TouchScreen-Multi-Gauge-p/897346002368.htm

Or some kind of digital solution (on your phone or tablet) besides some analog gauges?

#13 ·
Thanks brother. I did consider it, however the reason why I went Defí is that 1) They are the gold standard of gauges. You can't find a better company. 2) They have self testing, which I really like. 3) You can preset warnings on the gauges so say I want OT warning at 220 degrees. Once it reaches that threshold the gauge lights up red and gives an audible "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". 4) They look AMAZING on start up. 5) I'm a bit of a gauge ****boy lol (we all have our quirks).

Besides when she's on the track, they're in all honesty for aesthetics [emoji4].

#19 ·
Sick man cant wait to see what she does.

#20 ·
TRAAAAAAV, I knew you would be lurking somewhere in the shadows! You're my benchmark to beat. Although with your power it will be tough for sure. May come down to the road and see who's crazier behind the wheel. You're like the final boss in an old school racing game ???

#24 ·
Time and patience Vas. Figured bows the time before I have life responsibilities (wife, kids). Once those happen, I'll have a minivan [emoji24][emoji24].

#22 ·
PS - If you do a lot of driving around, I'd recommend adding a TPMS to the mix before you finish assembling the new wheels.

Its saved me from potentially shredding a few tires by letting me know when I've developed a puncture a few times since I installed it.

#25 ·
She'll only be a track car really. NYC roads won't be welcoming with JDAM strike potholes. Not a bad idea though... Any particular brand/model you'd recommend?

#26 ·
This is what I put on mine, but there are other options out there, like one with a battery powered monitor instead of the hard wired one like I did. I'm sure there are other brands out there too, so you might want to google around to find something you'd like.

https://www.amazon.com/Schrader-SCH...032851&sr=1-2&keywords=schrader+tpms+retrofit

You can put the monitor anywhere you'd like too, since it will start beeping at you when a tire gets too hot or too low. I like having mine in view of the instrument cluster, but I've seen threads where people put them on the overhead, like near the sunglass holder area, or in their consoles.

#32 ·
Correct ;) . But I'm eager to see what that EFR can do on E85 with cams and headers. The torque curve should be pretty phat.

#42 ·
Inshallah your build will be magnificent bro! On another note, IDK about the wheels, theyre TOO jdm for a Euro super saloon.

#43 ·
Thanks brother Khalil! I know it's a bit of a sin to mix markets, but I got the wheels for peanuts and my buddy gave me a solid price on the paint job so I'm in the black [emoji846].

I'll be honest and this is all matter of opinion but I don't see any amazing wheels come up for our cars. I was stationed in Japan for 6 years so I may be brainwashed to that particular style.

Plus the Rays are lightweight and if one gets bent or cracked (it happens) I can send it to Rays and they'll fix it for $150.

I love the Pegs but I've spent so much on hair makeup and dress that I feel she needs the shoes to match [emoji23]

#48 ·
Gotta be careful on the street these cars at 500 plus hp are almost too fast for the street. So dyno and track is a must to get the itch out here and there. I hope to be ready by Swedish car day again.

#53 ·
Hey gang I'll be at the car tomorrow from 5pm-w/e. If anyone wants to stop by and lend a hand or gawk or just you know, roll around in my go fast parts; the more the merrier. Looking to get the motor prepped to come out, take the head off the built motor and possibly some gauge wiring (I'm looking your way Hounddogger).

Let me know if you're planning on making it. Shop is located in Watertown, CT. Food and beverage of choice supplied to wrench turners.

Hugs and kisses.

#63 ·
Hey gang I'll be at the car tomorrow from 5pm-w/e. If anyone wants to stop by and lend a hand or gawk or just you know, roll around in my go fast parts; the more the merrier. Looking to get the motor prepped to come out, take the head off the built motor and possibly some gauge wiring (I'm looking your way Hounddogger).

Let me know if you're planning on making it. Shop is located in Watertown, CT. Food and beverage of choice supplied to wrench turners.

Hugs and kisses.

I suggest plastic Ziplock bags and a perm. marker to keep the bolts you remove organized!

#55 ·
Yes. But, too late. I street mapped it to see. Swanky part of town! ;)
Took a tour of NYU in the fall with my daughter.
When you mean 'build' Omar - you mean GO time! You're cruising on prgress. I'd come up to help, but it would be quite the drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.