Omar's SR Build (It's going to be nasty)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Omar's SR Build (It's going to be nasty)

Well the time has come to make it official! In 4 years i've managed to collect three R's; one blew up, the other was murdered by a truck and the third treated by the former owners like a read headed orphan during the depression... God willing, third time will be the charm. For the last 2 years i've been buying and squirreling parts for this day. Hopefully you guys will be able to see her in her full glory for Carlisle. Without further suspense I present to you Omar's build parts list, taaadaaaa:

IPD:
      Endlinks (4)
      Front and Rear Sway bars (25mm)
      Strut Mount
      Rear Chassis Brace
      DEM Cover
      ThrottleBody Spacer
      SS Brake lines
      Offset Camber Bushings
      Toe Control Arms

Defí Gauges (52mm Racer Series):
      Oil Temp
      Water Temp
      EGT
      Oil Pressure
      Fuel Pressure
      Voltage

Innovate:
      Innovate PowerSafe Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

CF Works:
      Gauge Pod
      Inner Mirror Cover

VIVA:
      Lower Front and Rear Braces
      Triple Gauge Pod
      AC Vent Gauge Pod
      Winglet Splitter
      Competition Valve Spring/Retainer Kit,
      Stainless Steel Intake Valve Upgrade

Inconel
      :
      Exhaust Valves

SPEC:
      Clutch 3+
      Flywheel

Quiffe:
      LSD

PDV:
      HD Collar Gear

BorgWarner
      :
      EFR 7064 Turbo

TurboSmart:
      Waste-gate

Kaphlenke Racing:
      Lower Suspension Bushing Kit

BC Racing:
      Coilovers (DR)

R1 Concepts:
      Slotted & Crossed Drilled Rotors (4)
      Pads

Wiseco:
      Forged Pistons

Darton:
      Sleeves

ARP:
      Main Stud Kit

K1:
      Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods, 143mm

Mishimoto
      :
      3-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can

ENEM:
      Performance Camshafts

Snabb:
      ULTIMATE BIG VOLVO INTERCOOLER KIT
      S/VR HIGH FLOW INTAKE KIT WITH 4" MAF BODY
      PERFORMANCE TURBO INTAKE PIPE (w/ all the extras)

Milletech:
      Intake Manifold
      Fuel Rail

Leviathon (Cody Halm):
      Exhaust Manifold
      Downpipe (3.5)
      Exhaust (3.5)
      Water Line
      Oil Lines
      Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge Sensor Adaptor

RAY’S VOLK:
      GT-C 17 X 8.5

SNOW PERFORMANCE
      :
      EFI Gas Engines Stage 3 Boost Cooler Water Injection
      Safe Injection Unit
      Flow Meter

OneEighty:
      Custom Projector E-Code Headlights

TWM:
      M1 Abrams Shift Knob

AEROMOTIVE STEALTH
      :
      Fuel pump

Speedish Carbon:
      A- Pillars
      Dash Cowel
      Center Console
      Gauge Cluster
      Inner Door Trim
      Mirror Caps
      Head Unit Assembly

Brembo:
      Completely stripped and refinished in Brembo Red.

RedLineGoods:
      Custom Steering Wheel

Powerflex:
      Lost track of all the ones I bought.

I will periodically update parts as to be honest i'm sure there are some parts missing or in the mail . Also I know some of you offered to help out on the build with small things here and there. I would love nothing more and if you want to help; please let me know in advance. I will post w/e i'll be at the garage (watertown) working on her. Free food, drinks, smokes etc to anyone who comes.
      Last edited by OmarNYC-R; 06-07-2017 at 01:22 PM.
      2004 423/SR-M66 DEAD 10/13/16
      2004 452/SR-M66 Selling
      2007 612/SR-M66EVERYTHING... Why? Because #racecar http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...g-to-be-nasty)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

youre not doing ARPs head studs or rod bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60R Nordkap & Black Sapphire Metallic. Auto. Holset HY35, 2.3 Block shimmed, Forged pistons, H-Beam Rods. 3" DP, Meth Inj.

I am brother. You must have not read them I know it's a lot to read hehehe.
      2004 452/SR-M66 Selling
      2007 612/SR-M66EVERYTHING... Why? Because #racecar http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...g-to-be-nasty)

all it says is main stud kit

2007 S60R Nordkap & Black Sapphire Metallic. Auto. Holset HY35, 2.3 Block shimmed, Forged pistons, H-Beam Rods. 3" DP, Meth Inj.

Are you doing any porting to go with the upgraded plumbing? At the least I'd recommend giving the ports a light clean up to eliminate the rough casting imperfections.

Quote Originally Posted by BaxtR View Post
      all it says is main stud kit

Crap. You see, I should've done a preview lol before submitting.
      2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      Are you doing any porting to go with the upgraded plumbing? At the least I'd recommend giving the ports a light clean up to eliminate the rough casting imperfections.
      I really wanted to do a port but at this point I don't want anything else holding me up from completing before Carlisle. I agree with you 100% that it be beyond beneficial for the build. Possibly a cleaning but again I don't want any hold ups.

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

very nice build!

but how many gauge pods are you going to mount

think you need something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
      very nice build!

but how many gauge pods are you going to mount

think you need something like this

Lol 8 in total. Triple pod on the speaker, 2 on the gauge cluster, 2 by the radio, AC Vent and the one the door. I know that's 9 but since I combined boost and A/F I have an extra. I'll put my finger in it jajajaja.

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

Quote Originally Posted by OmarNYC
      Lol 8 in total....
      OMG

But seriously, so many nice and refined items on the engine, suspension and outside and then a gauge-charade on the inside?!
      Can 't look at 8 gauges at once do you?

Did you consider something like the multi-gauge PLX devices? One digital gauge for different outputs instead of one gauge for boost, one gauge for afr, one gauge for egt, one gauge for oil temp, etc.....
      http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O...7346002368.htm

Or some kind of digital solution (on your phone or tablet) besides some analog gauges?
      Last edited by Vasquez; 04-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

But seriously, so many nice and refined items on the engine, suspension and outside and then a gauge-charade on the inside?!
      Can 't look at 8 gauges at once do you?

Did you consider something like the multi-gauge PLX devices? One digital gauge for different outputs instead of one gauge for boost, one gauge for afr, one gauge for egt, one gauge for oil temp, etc.....
      http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O...7346002368.htm

Or some kind of digital solution (on your phone or tablet) besides some analog gauges?
      Thanks brother. I did consider it, however the reason why I went Defí is that 1) They are the gold standard of gauges. You can't find a better company. 2) They have self testing, which I really like. 3) You can preset warnings on the gauges so say I want OT warning at 220 degrees. Once it reaches that threshold the gauge lights up red and gives an audible "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". 4) They look AMAZING on start up. 5) I'm a bit of a gauge ****boy lol (we all have our quirks).

Besides when she's on the track, they're in all honesty for aesthetics .

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

I like what you did with the wheels, black barrels make keeping everything clean looking so much easier too.
      Thanks man. Yea I really love the black/Gold two tone and Rays makes amazing wheels. I may have the car painted Polestar Blue as well so may even pop more.

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

Quote Originally Posted by OmarNYC-R View Post
      Lol 8 in total. Triple pod on the speaker, 2 on the gauge cluster, 2 by the radio, AC Vent and the one the door. I know that's 9 but since I combined boost and A/F I have an extra. I'll put my finger in it jajajaja.

The ECU looks at all of those things... Seems like information overload and a bit fast and the furious...
      Exponents kill
      Elsa my 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap >π Miles
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post

The ECU looks at all of those things... Seems like information overload and a bit fast and the furious...
      ECU won't give me a warning though (until it's too late) and a laptop hooked up while driving is about as F&F as you can get. The car is being built for the track. Don't forget I live in NYC guys, she won't be a daily and if she even sees the road 4 times a month it will be a miracle.

But you're right hound it is a bit much, but like I said; I am a bit of a gauge nut 🤣

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

ECU won't give me a warning though (until it's too late) and a laptop hooked up while driving is about as F&F as you can get. The car is being built for the track. Don't forget I live in NYC guys, she won't be a daily and if she even sees the road 4 times a month it will be a miracle.

But you're right hound it is a bit much, but like I said; I am a bit of a gauge nut 🤣

At that point I would have gone Zadatech and shoved a screen in a nav housing... More data, better arranged, less of a wiring clusterf...
      Exponents kill
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      At that point I would have gone Zadatech and shoved a screen in a nav housing... More data, better arranged, less of a wiring clusterf...
      Lol keep it up and if you come help, I'm going to put you on wiring duty!

I got an amazingly stupid deal on the Defi's they came out to about $150 each vs 220+ a pop.

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

Sick man cant wait to see what she does.
      05 S60R MT, 578AWHP, 12.2 1/4 mile at 124 mph. Built engine, Cnc ported head, LSD, Ported Gen 2 GTX3582R, Tial 44MM MVR WG, Tial QR Bov, Enem Y21 Cams, Hilton Tune, 1000cc Id's, 340 LPH Aero pump, Devils Own meth injection, 4 In Audi maf, Bell FMIC, Snabb air box, Poly, Milletech intake manifold, IP plasma coils, Snabb shifter. TTV Twin Clutch. GB Forgestar F-14's, Enkei RSF5, KW V2'S, Ur Braces, Vr sways, IPD toe bars. Built to the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAV_R View Post
      Sick man cant wait to see what she does.
      TRAAAAAAV, I knew you would be lurking somewhere in the shadows! You're my benchmark to beat. Although with your power it will be tough for sure. May come down to the road and see who's crazier behind the wheel. You're like the final boss in an old school racing game 🤣🤣🤣

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

LOL

I admire your drive, enthusiasme and spending habits which seems even bigger than mine

Should be a beast when ready!!

PS - If you do a lot of driving around, I'd recommend adding a TPMS to the mix before you finish assembling the new wheels.

Its saved me from potentially shredding a few tires by letting me know when I've developed a puncture a few times since I installed it.

Speak of the devil...

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

LOL

I admire your drive, enthusiasme and spending habits which seems even bigger than mine

Should be a beast when ready!!
      Time and patience Vas. Figured bows the time before I have life responsibilities (wife, kids). Once those happen, I'll have a minivan .

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

PS - If you do a lot of driving around, I'd recommend adding a TPMS to the mix before you finish assembling the new wheels.

Its saved me from potentially shredding a few tires by letting me know when I've developed a puncture a few times since I installed it.
      She'll only be a track car really. NYC roads won't be welcoming with JDAM strike potholes. Not a bad idea though... Any particular brand/model you'd recommend?

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

This is what I put on mine, but there are other options out there, like one with a battery powered monitor instead of the hard wired one like I did. I'm sure there are other brands out there too, so you might want to google around to find something you'd like.

https://www.amazon.com/Schrader-SCH-...+tpms+retrofit

You can put the monitor anywhere you'd like too, since it will start beeping at you when a tire gets too hot or too low. I like having mine in view of the instrument cluster, but I've seen threads where people put them on the overhead, like near the sunglass holder area, or in their consoles.

ECU won't give me a warning though (until it's too late)
      Not exactly. ME.7 is a very safe engine management system with redundancies and calculated data. It's thhhhmart. But with all of those gauges, you'll give yourself peace of mind since it's all within a glance.
      The name's Ben:
      '06 S60 T5 6mt: STEVO TUNED, Precision 5857B, B5254T4 w/ Kaplhenke Racing block guard, wavetrac limited slip, Snabb stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkFDQLKg_E
      Big Will:your car is the most raw, awesome Volvo I've ever driven....mine is just shinier
      Wingnut: Of course jewfro vs. gingerbreadman wrestling is mandatory entertainment.

Damnnn dude i can't wait to see this all come together! I expect daily updates so i have something to look at while im poopin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      unfortunately you will not be able to beat trav with that turbo.
      Correct . But I'm eager to see what that EFR can do on E85 with cams and headers. The torque curve should be pretty phat.
      The name's Ben:
      '06 S60 T5 6mt: STEVO TUNED, Precision 5857B, B5254T4 w/ Kaplhenke Racing block guard, wavetrac limited slip, Snabb stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkFDQLKg_E
      Big Will:your car is the most raw, awesome Volvo I've ever driven....mine is just shinier
      Wingnut: Of course jewfro vs. gingerbreadman wrestling is mandatory entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      unfortunately you will not be able to beat trav with that turbo.
      Everyone knows his car goes faster because it's red...
      Exponents kill

This is what I put on mine, but there are other options out there, like one with a battery powered monitor instead of the hard wired one like I did. I'm sure there are other brands out there too, so you might want to google around to find something you'd like.

https://www.amazon.com/Schrader-SCH-...+tpms+retrofit

You can put the monitor anywhere you'd like too, since it will start beeping at you when a tire gets too hot or too low. I like having mine in view of the instrument cluster, but I've seen threads where people put them on the overhead, like near the sunglass holder area, or in their consoles.
      Thanks man. I'll def look into it.

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasThoen View Post
      Damnnn dude i can't wait to see this all come together! I expect daily updates so i have something to look at while im poopin

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
      I aim to please!

2004 452/SR-M66 Selling

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast