Favorite/Worst Dealers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 50
    1. #1
      Junior Member jonbreweratx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      52

      Favorite/Worst Dealers

      After reading some of the VCNA thread about replacing another user's 2016 for a 2018 at no cost and some of the comments about dealerships, I figured I might start a list of your experiences with dealers. This may help prospective buyers in your area get the best experience possible.

      Format shall be:

      Recommend/Avoid
      City, State
      Dealership Name
      A few bullet points highlighting why they are great/terrible
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
      Twilight Bronze w/ Amber Napa Leather

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member jonbreweratx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      52
      Recommend
      Austin, TX
      Volvo Cars of Austin

      Both the sales and service arms were great to work with. Negotiations were calm and professional, and both parties walked away satisfied. The sales manager has been with Volvo for 20+ years, so you know she's dedicated to the brand. Service has always taken up any issues with calm professionalism, listened to my requests (i.e. no car wash), and thoroughly explain the issue and how they resolved them. Recommended to anyone in the Central Texas region.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
      Twilight Bronze w/ Amber Napa Leather

    4. #3
      RECOMMEND

      Westport, CT

      Volvo cars of Westport

      The sales team is highly devoted, caring and professional. The service team is terrific, work is done professionally and quickly. The sales manager is the nicest person you'll ever meet. Everything is great about this dealer I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      22
      Anyone have recommendations/places to avoid for the Puget Sound area?

    7. #5
      I hate Don Beyer Dulles - every single experience has been horrible.

      Herb Gordon was actually REALLY REALLY good.


      KARP Volvo is bar none the best

      Glen Cove Volvo has been consistently decent - but they are under new ownership, not sure how that's been.


      Also have heard amazing things about Westport Volvo
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Bethel CT
      Posts
      197
      Quote Originally Posted by christopher.moor View Post
      RECOMMEND

      Westport, CT

      Volvo cars of Westport

      The sales team is highly devoted, caring and professional. The service team is terrific, work is done professionally and quickly. The sales manager is the nicest person you'll ever meet. Everything is great about this dealer I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I agree about Volvo of Westport being an excellent dealer. I've purchased four cars from them and all four purchases went very smoothly and without pressure or haggling. Their service department is by far the best of the three Volvo dealers I've dealt with in my area. So good that I actually drive 40 minutes out of my way to go to Westport instead of the Volvo dealer that is literally 10 minutes from both my home and work. I highly recommend them and know that my next car purchase will be from Volvo of Westport. I've been using this dealer for over 10 years.
      2016 XC90 Inscription

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      40
      I had a great purchase experience with Bob Byers (Ravenna Volvo) in Seattle. I haven't needed service yet, so I don't have any opinion of their service department.
      2017 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD | Momentum Plus | Vision Package | Convenience Package | Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound | 20” 5-double Spoke Alloy Wheels | Onyx Black with Amber Leather

    10. #8
      Junior Member puppychauffeur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Pacific Northwest
      Posts
      26
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatCerealBox View Post
      Anyone have recommendations/places to avoid for the Puget Sound area?
      Quote Originally Posted by hmss007 View Post
      I had a great purchase experience with Bob Byers (Ravenna Volvo) in Seattle. I haven't needed service yet, so I don't have any opinion of their service department.
      +1 for Bob Byers in Ravenna. Kevin Davis (Tom and Julie) have been helping us with our 2018 OSD order. They've been so accommodating--my husband and I feel so comfortable working with them. We were worried about a dealer pushing various luxury features on us, and judging us for going for practicality over luxury. Kevin and the team are very straightforward, professional, and friendly

    11. #9
      Quote Originally Posted by puppychauffeur View Post
      +1 for Bob Byers in Ravenna. Kevin Davis (Tom and Julie) have been helping us with our 2018 OSD order. They've been so accommodating--my husband and I feel so comfortable working with them. We were worried about a dealer pushing various luxury features on us, and judging us for going for practicality over luxury. Kevin and the team are very straightforward, professional, and friendly
      dear lordie - i love your handle name. lol
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner

    12. #10
      Im in Canada:
      Love: Volvo of Oakville
      Hate: Volvo of Unionville (sales dept, the sales manager is really BAD)

    13. #11
      Member reeg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Fort Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,359
      Quote Originally Posted by jonbreweratx View Post
      Recommend
      Austin, TX
      Volvo Cars of Austin

      Both the sales and service arms were great to work with. Negotiations were calm and professional, and both parties walked away satisfied. The sales manager has been with Volvo for 20+ years, so you know she's dedicated to the brand. Service has always taken up any issues with calm professionalism, listened to my requests (i.e. no car wash), and thoroughly explain the issue and how they resolved them. Recommended to anyone in the Central Texas region.
      That's funny - your favorite dealer was trashed by multiple SS'ers in previous threads last year for service incompetence, slow reaction, and no loaners.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

    14. #12
      Junior Member puppychauffeur's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Pacific Northwest
      Posts
      26
      Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      dear lordie - i love your handle name. lol
      Thank you! My husband hates it when I refer to the XC90 as the new "dog car"

    15. #13
      Junior Member Purpleorchid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2016
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      493
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatCerealBox View Post
      Anyone have recommendations/places to avoid for the Puget Sound area?
      My sample size is 1, but I've been pleased with AutoNation Volvo in Bellevue.

      -My sales experience was not painful. My salesguy was no-pressure. My only "gripe" was me having to ask if we could fill the gas tank as we pulled out of the lot for the test drive since it dropped from 20miles left to 10miles left when all we did was drive <1/4 mile up the street. I'm a "fill up at 1/4 tank" person, so seeing 20 miles to empty was quite unnerving...and then really worrisome when it immediately dropped to 10 MTE and we were approaching the highway onramp).
      -Every time I've had to bring my car in for service, I've gotten an appointment within a week (based on my schedule) and gotten a Volvo loaner (the 5 times have been new Volvos with less than 100 miles: XC60, S60 twice...and an XC70 twice but that had more miles).
      -My service appointments have been for varied reasons: tint + paint protection film installation, TPMS error, GPS showing wrong location, Polestar + hitch installation, and the a/c recall + door handle sticker. All times they either checked and/or installed any latest updates too.
      -BTW their detailing department is the shared building behind their Audi dealer a couple miles away. They do tinting/paint protection etc for all their other brands (Volvo, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi) there. Their carwash is over there too. They said the carwash building was supposed to be torn down for the lightrail months ago, but the carwash is still there and won't be torn down according to what they told my husband when he brought his Audi in for some work last month.
      -I ordered the OEM roof rack from the parts department. The box for some reason only had 1 key when it was supposed to have 4, so they reordered me a new set with no questions and we traded boxes once they got their shipment in.

      So overall, I'm quite satisfied with my experience at Autonation Volvo.
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

    16. #14
      Member partridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Maryland
      Posts
      1,026
      Annapolis and Owings mils Volvo in Baltimore have been good for me, even though Owings mills is a combo Volvo/Kia dealership. :/

      Bill Kidds? Stay away. Staff at the combo Volvo/Toyota dealership hardly know what a Volvo is. Service department has been sub par.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

    17. #15
      Quote Originally Posted by jjd416 View Post
      I agree about Volvo of Westport being an excellent dealer. I've purchased four cars from them and all four purchases went very smoothly and without pressure or haggling. Their service department is by far the best of the three Volvo dealers I've dealt with in my area. So good that I actually drive 40 minutes out of my way to go to Westport instead of the Volvo dealer that is literally 10 minutes from both my home and work. I highly recommend them and know that my next car purchase will be from Volvo of Westport. I've been using this dealer for over 10 years.
      Not to mention they introduced me to one of the head people at the auto show today. I was at the press event for my work, and was contacted by the sales manager who I have been working with, and he tracked me down, and brought me to one of the executives of Volvo, who promised me that all will be taken care of and that they will do whatever means required, to make me a happy customer. Talk about service... this is remarkable and I have nothing out of pocket----


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    18. #16
      Junior Member Sven787's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      65
      Quote Originally Posted by Purpleorchid View Post
      My sample size is 1, but I've been pleased with AutoNation Volvo in Bellevue.

      -My sales experience was not painful. My salesguy was no-pressure. My only "gripe" was me having to ask if we could fill the gas tank as we pulled out of the lot for the test drive since it dropped from 20miles left to 10miles left when all we did was drive <1/4 mile up the street. I'm a "fill up at 1/4 tank" person, so seeing 20 miles to empty was quite unnerving...and then really worrisome when it immediately dropped to 10 MTE and we were approaching the highway onramp).
      -Every time I've had to bring my car in for service, I've gotten an appointment within a week (based on my schedule) and gotten a Volvo loaner (the 5 times have been new Volvos with less than 100 miles: XC60, S60 twice...and an XC70 twice but that had more miles).
      -My service appointments have been for varied reasons: tint + paint protection film installation, TPMS error, GPS showing wrong location, Polestar + hitch installation, and the a/c recall + door handle sticker. All times they either checked and/or installed any latest updates too.
      -BTW their detailing department is the shared building behind their Audi dealer a couple miles away. They do tinting/paint protection etc for all their other brands (Volvo, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi) there. Their carwash is over there too. They said the carwash building was supposed to be torn down for the lightrail months ago, but the carwash is still there and won't be torn down according to what they told my husband when he brought his Audi in for some work last month.
      -I ordered the OEM roof rack from the parts department. The box for some reason only had 1 key when it was supposed to have 4, so they reordered me a new set with no questions and we traded boxes once they got their shipment in.

      So overall, I'm quite satisfied with my experience at Autonation Volvo.
      Seconded. Purchasing process was fairly painless and low pressure. They offered a price quote over email and their starting point was better than what we'd get through A-Plan or Costco (granted this was for an S60, not sure how an XC90 would compare). Haggled a bit over trade-in value and miscellaneous charges but felt like we got a good deal. No pressure in the Financing stage either to buy more. Brought the car in for Polestar and window tinting (after hearing purpleorchid's recommendation) - had the badge installed and Polestar kit waiting when we picked up the car. My wife eventually noticed that one of the rear window defroster elements wasn't working properly so we addressed this at our first service interval - even though they said there was some internal debate as to who was at fault (whether it was a Volvo issue or a tinting issue), they replaced and retinted the whole back window under warranty. Communication could have been a bit better on the service side, I found myself calling them to check in more than they actively called me, but I've been set up with a comparable Volvo loaner both times so waiting for the part (rear window) wasn't a huge burden.

      Not sure if it was luck of the draw, but we had a terrible experience at Sandberg Volvo in Lynnwood. They seem to be rated highly and often have the largest inventory, but the salesman we got described himself as a "rogue" who could get away with making us a deal we couldn't refuse on a car we weren't entirely sold on to begin with. Also, despite seeing several versions of the trim level we wanted in their online inventory, he claimed there was "only the one" that he was trying to make a deal on. So, either their website is out of date or he didn't want to bother accommodating us.
      Current Fleet: 2007 XC90 V8 Sport (Titanium Gray); 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E Premium Polestar (Black Stone, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, BLIS, Tech Pkg)
      Previously Owned: 2005 S60 2.5T AWD (Ice White)

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      55
      Northern Virginia
      Best: Don Beyer Volvo Dulles
      Outstanding Sales and Service. I thought so much of my Sales Rep and the Sales Mgr that I took them to dinner. I now count them as personal friends.

      Worst: Fairfax Volvo
      Absolutely worst sales experience I have ever experienced. I never used servy; Friend who used service had bad experience as well.

    20. #18
      Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      I hate Don Beyer Dulles - every single experience has been horrible.

      Herb Gordon was actually REALLY REALLY good.


      KARP Volvo is bar none the best

      Glen Cove Volvo has been consistently decent - but they are under new ownership, not sure how that's been.


      Also have heard amazing things about Westport Volvo
      Picking up my car from Don Beyer Dulles sometime this week. Yousef has been great to work with.

    21. #19
      Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
      That's funny - your favorite dealer was trashed by multiple SS'ers in previous threads last year for service incompetence, slow reaction, and no loaners.
      I have complained about them before, I think the people that work at the service department are great people especially the service manager. But yes they are extremely slow to get things done, and barely ever have loaners. The incompetence more has to do with Volvo training on their newer cars in general, can't really blame that on them.

      That being said, I really wasn't happy with their sales department, I thought other dealers in the state were much more "real" with me. I ended up buying in San Antonio, and would recommend them to anyone.

    22. #20
      Junior Member jonbreweratx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2016
      Location
      Austin, TX
      Posts
      52
      Quote Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
      I have complained about them before, I think the people that work at the service department are great people especially the service manager. But yes they are extremely slow to get things done, and barely ever have loaners. The incompetence more has to do with Volvo training on their newer cars in general, can't really blame that on them.

      That being said, I really wasn't happy with their sales department, I thought other dealers in the state were much more "real" with me. I ended up buying in San Antonio, and would recommend them to anyone.
      I worked with John on the sales side. There was another guy, I can't remember his name, who we also chatted with briefly who came across as the very stereotypical sleazy sales guy. Needless to say, I haven't seen him recently, so maybe he's gone now? But John was very professional and pleasant to deal with. Obviously, YMMV with him or other sales people.

      Also, I've never walked out without a loaner. Granted, one time it was a Subaru since they were out of S90's. But, hey, it's a car and it's one day, so I had no complaints.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription
      Twilight Bronze w/ Amber Napa Leather

    23. #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve13 View Post
      Northern Virginia
      Best: Don Beyer Volvo Dulles
      Outstanding Sales and Service. I thought so much of my Sales Rep and the Sales Mgr that I took them to dinner. I now count them as personal friends.

      Worst: Fairfax Volvo
      Absolutely worst sales experience I have ever experienced. I never used servy; Friend who used service had bad experience as well.
      Quote Originally Posted by drewborn View Post
      Picking up my car from Don Beyer Dulles sometime this week. Yousef has been great to work with.
      i agree Fairfax Volvo is a joke.


      Don Beyer Dulles BUYING i believe was a dream - although they move so much inventory that they were not very negotiable compared to Herb Gordon. It's their service department that I am quite honestly just perplexed. Almost everyone is nice, but it's all over the place.

      For reference - I have the Tire Warranty: I was just there about a month prior to the last visit and they used that warranty to replace the tire. Fast forward a month later - to which I explicitly gave my Tire Warranty policy number and telephone (Provided through Fidelity) - I come back and see that I am getting a $65 charge for a tire patch? .... like really?

      I have some scratches on the fender where the clear coat came off and I wanted to order a near fender flare to replace - the service advisor said they could patch it up with touch up. - when i come back - it's still VERY clear the clear coat scratches are there albeit more shallow.... and the SA is like, well we also covered a few pock marks on your hood. - and charged me for it $115.

      I didn't make a fuss about it because it was already done, and what were they gonna do?


      Oh did i mention also about the time I showed up because my tire was very deflated and I did a walk in because i was in the area. Told the SA (Ali) that i think i have a puncture. He gave me the nastiest look, asked if I made an appointment, and then told me that it probably just needed to be inflated. 35 minutes later I get my car back, the pressure on all 4 wheels are now different - i fastidiously check that and always keep them balanced. And lo and behold later that evening the tire in question had dropped 8 psi.


      The sales department is totally different - and quite a dream. I ALSO felt that other than Ali the Service Department is very nice. I just don't understand how these things happen? I never once had an issue like this at Glen Cove Volvo or Karp Volvo. Maybe I'm spoiled and am used to service in Long Island?
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner

    24. #22
      We are blessed with two great dealerships within 35 miles of each other and I'm 25 miles from both. We have purchased Volvos from each and were satisfied with sales and service from both.
      However, the last two (and next XC60spa) were purchased from Volvo of the Triad in Winston-Salem, NC. Outstanding experience! That dealer makes you feel special for being a Volvo owner. I have been there when new owners from places like Michigan and New England were taking delivery of their new Volvos. (Are dealers in those parts of the country that bad?)
      2013 XC60>2015.5 XC60, 2016 XC90

    25. #23
      Junior Member alex_v's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Thornhill, ON
      Posts
      103
      In Canada, Greater Toronto Area ratings from -3 to +3 (in my opinion and experience)

      Volvo of Hamilton: sales +1, service +1
      Volvo of Oakville: sales ?, service +2
      Roberts Volvo: sales 0, service +1
      Volvo of Mississauga: sales +1, service -3
      Volvo Villa: sales +2, service +1
      Volvo of Unionville: sales-2, service -1
      Last edited by alex_v; 04-13-2017 at 11:01 AM.
      2009 C30 T5 polestar upgraded His
      2009 C30 2.4i Her

    26. #24
      Brooklyn Volvo is the WORST dealer I ever deal with.

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Fairfax, CA
      Posts
      7

      Best Dealers for OSD in Bay Area, Calif?

      Just joined. I'm looking at an OSD for a 2018 XC90 and wondering who around in the Bay Area, Calif., is the most experienced and can provide a good price?
      Thanks

    28. #26
      Junior Member darknit3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      USA (Atlanta)
      Posts
      116
      Dyer and Dyer in Chamblee, GA.

      Sales team was great to deal with, but service was the worst. It was so bad that I will rather drive to another state before coming back to them. Never again will I set foot in their dealership.
      2017 XC90 T6 R Design in Electric Silver Polestar Optimized (22" Wheels | Mesh Aluminum Inlays | B&W | Climate | Convenience | Vision | Air Suspension | HUD)

    29. #27
      Junior Member badcyclist's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      California
      Posts
      502
      Quote Originally Posted by FGON View Post
      Just joined. I'm looking at an OSD for a 2018 XC90 and wondering who around in the Bay Area, Calif., is the most experienced and can provide a good price?
      Thanks
      You might want to contact Williams Marks of Lawrence Volvo: wmarks@flyvolvo.com
      Website: http://www.flyvolvo.com/contactus.htm

      He was great to deal with-- seemed very knowledgeable, straightforward, and honest. Answered all of my questions and was upfront about everything. I ended up not doing OSD for a couple of personal reasons, and he was gracious about that, too. The next time we get a Volvo, if we can do OSD he's tops on my list.

      Oh-- and did you know that there is a separate forum for OSD here on swedespeed? You can learn a lot there, too.
      2017 T5 Momentum+, Osmium Gray, Amber Leather, B&W, Vision.
      2005 Tacoma S5 4x4, Silver, 130K miles strong.

    30. #28
      Recommend

      Paul Smythe Volvo, Summit NJ

      Fantastic buying experience from Paul O'Leary. Everybody there has been great. I'm about to try their service department out in a few weeks when I go in for my 1st service.

    31. #29
      Junior Member htx's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      26
      Bob Penkhus Volvo in Colorado Springs was the dealer I found that would let me do a custom order T8 and get the pricing through the costco auto program (ended up over 8K under MSRP).


      Ben Gallentine
      New and Used Car Sales
      Lease Retention Specialist
      Bob Penkhus Volvo Mazda Volkswagen
      1101 Motor City Dr.
      Colorado Springs, CO 80905
      719.505.3965

      Bayway Volvo south of Houston had zero interest in negotiating.

    32. #30
      Quote Originally Posted by FGON View Post
      Just joined. I'm looking at an OSD for a 2018 XC90 and wondering who around in the Bay Area, Calif., is the most experienced and can provide a good price?
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by badcyclist View Post
      You might want to contact Williams Marks of Lawrence Volvo: wmarks@flyvolvo.com
      Website: http://www.flyvolvo.com/contactus.htm

      He was great to deal with-- seemed very knowledgeable, straightforward, and honest. Answered all of my questions and was upfront about everything. I ended up not doing OSD for a couple of personal reasons, and he was gracious about that, too. The next time we get a Volvo, if we can do OSD he's tops on my list.

      Oh-- and did you know that there is a separate forum for OSD here on swedespeed? You can learn a lot there, too.
      +1. My friend and I did our second OSD with Marks. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable. We are lucky that he and Walnut Creek Volvo are our local dealer.
      2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription Polestar (OSD)
      2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged with all options
      2006 Volvo XC90 V8 with all options (OSD)

    33. #31
      Portland Volvo in Scarborough, Maine has been excellent to deal with. Their service dept. diagnosed and fixed a locking problem that Orland Park Volvo in the Chicago area couldn't be bothered with.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

    34. #32
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,070
      Quote Originally Posted by jonbreweratx View Post
      After reading some of the VCNA thread about replacing another user's 2016 for a 2018 at no cost and some of the comments about dealerships, I figured I might start a list of your experiences with dealers. This may help prospective buyers in your area get the best experience possible.
      Recommend
      Golden Valley, MN (MSP)
      Borton Volvo

      1. Sales and OSD fair/accommodating/decent trade/loaner
      2. Service consultants and techs are attentive, accommodating and well trained
      3. Owner of dealership is committed to customers and employees
      4. Long time (50+ years) Volvo dealership
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al

    35. #33
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      22
      It sounds like Autonation Volvo Bellevue and Ravenna Volvo have a pretty good reputation, so those are definitely dealers my wife and I will look at.

      Not sure if it was luck of the draw, but we had a terrible experience at Sandberg Volvo in Lynnwood.
      Thanks for your input. It might've been just that one salesman, but we'll put that last on our list of dealerships to go to.
      I noticed there wasn't many with experience with Volvo of Tacoma, but I've recently visited the dealer (as it's the closest near me), and had a satisfactory experience. We didn't feel pressured to buy anything, and the salesman that helped us out was really accommodating for our needs even though we weren't planning to buy until the next couple of months. Even though it has low ratings, I didn't feel that they matched my experience.

    36. #34
      Do most of you get free service loaners or do you have to pay a fee?

    37. #35
      Member Gary-16-Xc90's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      Twin Cities, MN
      Posts
      1,070
      Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
      Do most of you get free service loaners or do you have to pay a fee?
      Yes, based on appointment, request and availability. My last loaner was a 2017 XC90 T6.

      No charge. They just ask that you bring it back with as much fuel as when you left. I also ordered/bought my car from the same dealer who services it.
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 04-14-2017 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Add note on availability
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast