2018 Volvo S90 w/ Maroon Interior
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2018 Volvo S90 w/ Maroon Interior

This photo was taken at the NY auto show and was posted on Volvo Car USA's twitter account. This gives us a pretty good idea of what the maroon colour looks like in person.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

NICE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Janet Jackson is truly 'UNBREAKABLE'. My heartbeat. LOVE you for LIFE JANET!!!

OH, so it's kind of like what we hoped Amber was going to look like.

2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCerealBox View Post

This photo was taken at the NY auto show and was posted on Volvo Car USA's twitter account. This gives us a pretty good idea of what the maroon colour looks like in person.
      What about the extra leg room?
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Russell looks very comfortable!

Will be there tomorrow for pics!

I can't believe Volvo actually raised prices for 2018. I don't care that is 4.5 inches longer - its made in China and their labor costs are now a fraction of what they where in Sweden. Does Volvo actually want to sell cars in the US?
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2010 SAAB 9-5 Aero 2.8T, XWD

The point of lowering labor costs of a luxury car is to increase profit margins, not to pass the lowered cost on to the consumer.

And yes, it's 4.5 inches longer and has a number of improvements. Electric powered side shades, massage seats in the rear, fancy armrest seen in the picture above...

Because the S90 standard wheelbase seems to just be going away completely for the US Market (and probably also China), I'm guessing the S60 will have a long wheelbase version again in the US and China. This would fill that price gap in those markets. What's going on with the S90 in Europe and other markets?
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Sooooo camel?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Because the S90 standard wheelbase seems to just be going away completely for the US Market (and probably also China), I'm guessing the S60 will have a long wheelbase version again in the US and China. This would fill that price gap in those markets. What's going on with the S90 in Europe and other markets?
      China will continue to get both standard and long wheelbase version of the S90. I don't understand why Volvo decided to bring over the long wheelbase version of the S90. Some people may not want it... And now it looks weird in the product lineup with 2017 being a short wheelbase while 2018 and beyond are long wheelbase.
      2000 Volvo S70 SE; First Owner; 321k km; Retired
      2012A Volvo S60 T5 Level II; GONE!

Acura TLX SH-AWD with Tech Owner's Thread. Geokilla's Mini-blog.

Well. Kinda kills the idea of a polestar 90. Can't see them bringing a short version over just for that and I can't see them doing a performance car in long wheelbase.

Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Well. Kinda kills the idea of a polestar 90. Can't see them bringing a short version over just for that and I can't see them doing a performance car in long wheelbase.

Who says that a performance car cannot be produced in the regular wheel base? On the other hand, what makes you think that a long wheel base car cannot be produced with higher performance in mind?
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

The long brown path just got a little longer.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 178K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Who says that a performance car cannot be produced in the regular wheel base? On the other hand, what makes you think that a long wheel base car cannot be produced with higher performance in mind?
      I'm sure they can, I'm just wondering if they would bother bringing over the short wheelbase version in that case. And I'm sure you can make a performance oriented long wheelbase car but it seems somewhat counterproductive considering how much larger the 90 already is that the 60 based polestar vehicles.

Whatever it is, if they build it, I'll be game.

Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Audi has done exactly that, though. Standard wheelbase A8 was only available as the S8 in the US.

I wonder what kind of smoking deals are out there for leftover S90 Inscriptions

This was a T8 S90 notice how the floor is raised up a little bit

Did they get rid of the air vents from the rear centre console?
      Current: 2017 Mercedes-Benz C43 4Matic
      Previous: 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD Premier Plus

Looks like it. People with kids who like to stick things in places, rejoice!

Rear centre console, witout air vents looks ugly as hell, cheap plastic

Quote Originally Posted by T501 View Post
      The long brown path just got a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Looks like it. People with kids who like to stick things in places, rejoice!
      So where are the air vents? B pillar?

You can see some on the B pillar in the photo.

This is where Volvo has had them in the past.

I know, that's where they are in my S80 but I can't spot them in the photo. Seems there'd be more outlets since the system has its own dedicated fan in the 90 Series. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by marcvolvoforlife View Post
      I'm guessing it's because it's the T8, the room is being used for the batteries.

Anyone else notice the cup holders, and armrest storage shape are different in the T8? Along with the Gloss Black cup holder cover instead of walnut.
      1993 850 - Classic Creen - Sold | 2006 S60 2.5T - Barents Blue - Totaled |
      2009 C30 T5 R-design + Polestar - Titanium Grey - Sold | S60 T6 R-design + Polestar + KPAX - Rebel Blue - Current

I guess my point is that they had to make compromises for the T8 design for the electrical bits. Although, I don't mind the gloss black in the T8.
      This is not the case in the XC90 (probably due to size)
      1993 850 - Classic Creen - Sold | 2006 S60 2.5T - Barents Blue - Totaled |
      2009 C30 T5 R-design + Polestar - Titanium Grey - Sold | S60 T6 R-design + Polestar + KPAX - Rebel Blue - Current

What the photo does not show, and which i saw in a different photo is the little compartment on the rear console, when you open it, has the power plug/cig lighter, AND two USB ports for the rear seat. So wish that existed in the 17 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Batdog View Post
      What the photo does not show, and which i saw in a different photo is the little compartment on the rear console, when you open it, has the power plug/cig lighter, AND two USB ports for the rear seat. So wish that existed in the 17 version.
      I can confirm that as well. Looks real good

The 2018 S90 is available to build online and if you look at the momentum plus package icon it shows air vents so maybe its a T8 difference.

Just like others have already stated, I'm sure it's a T8 thing. This photo right here shows the S90L with air vents...

What an absolutely gorgeous interior. Go Volvo!!

Quote Originally Posted by markymark123 View Post
      I wonder what kind of smoking deals are out there for leftover S90 Inscriptions
      Free AWD and Vision package on those cars!

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Free AWD and Vision package on those cars!
      Don't forget the additional $500 bonus plus free two-year VOC and Internet Connectivity for A-Plan Elite customers.
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Spoiler, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast