What does the Power display show?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

What does the Power display show?

I have a 2017 XC60. When I have the display theme set to "Performance", there is a Power indicator on the right side. The bars and arrows go up and down as I drive, but there is no corresponding numeric value displayed.

What, exactly is the power display telling me?
      2017 XC60 Inscription Magic Blue
      2007 V50 T5 AWD Passion Red
      OSD March, 2007 - The only way to buy a Volvo!!
      1998 850 Turbo Polar White

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Turbo boost ? maybe

Quote Originally Posted by BillFerg View Post
      I have a 2017 XC60. When I have the display theme set to "Performance", there is a Power indicator on the right side. The bars and arrows go up and down as I drive, but there is no corresponding numeric value displayed.

What, exactly is the power display telling me?
      Nothing that you don't already know. It's just a gimmick. It's either measuring torque or throttle position or something loosely representing power output, like you said, without any corresponding scale. It looks cool, but is useless.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think its a replacement the blinker fluid level indicator / muffler bearing life indicator found on earlier models :-P
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Custom Exhaust, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

It is explained in the owner's manual and, IMHO, not an especially valuable feature.
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

I for one do like it. The big indicator shows the amount of power used and the small one is the available power in the gear you're in. If you exceed available power it'll downshift. Doesn't really fill a purpose but I think it's neat.
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements