What services should be done/completed on a 2010 XC60 with 100k?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

What services should be done/completed on a 2010 XC60 T6 with 100k?

Hi everyone, I have a 2010 XC60 T6 CPO R Design I have had for a long time. It is my 3rd Volvo, and I love it. I bought it certified from the Volvo dealer, and always service it at the dealer. It had the wear & tear and maintenance service package free until 60k. So I did the 45k and 60k "services" that the dealer suggested since it was all covered. However, since 60k I have only done synthetic blend oil changes and filter changes (at the Volvo dealer) since it seemed like the 75k and 90k "services" were merely oil changes with inspections, and they were quite expensive–over $600–so I opted for just the $50 oil change. It now has almost 100k and I am due for another oil change. I did the spark plugs at 75k and I replaced the engine air filter and cabin air filter myself around 80k. The only repair I had to do was a seal on the vacuum pump which ran about $250. Should I just continue doing the oil changes? Or is there something necessary I am missing, such as a transmission fluid flush or coolant flush or brake flush or power steering flush? Again, I did all the scheduled service through 60k, just after 60k I only did synthetic blend oil changes.

Many thanks in advance for your help and suggestions! I would love to keep this car for over 200k because I love it so much. I previously had a 2008 S80 3.2 with the Zubra sport package and loved it as well, but fell in love with this xc60 when I saw it. We also own a 2008 Volvo XC90 V8.
      Last edited by swedishfishes; 04-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You will do fine to stick to the scheduled maintenance.

However, I do think regular transmission oil replacement are beneficial as are coolant flushes on top of factory maintenance.
      2007 S40 T5

I agree with qaz996. Transmission fluid and coolant flush are a must. Some even recommend sucking out the transmission fluid rather than flushing it out.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks qaz996 and reward2. I will have the transmission fluid replaced when I have the oil changed next week.

Dealer said I also need to replace the belts and seals at 100k.
      2010 XC60 T6 R-Design|Black Sapphire|Soft Beige|BLIS|Convenience|RSE|Climate|
      2008 XC90 V8|Electric Silver|Offblack|BLIS|Climate|RSE|
      Past:
      2008 S80 3.2|Barents Blue|Sandstone|Zubra Sport w/ 4C|BLIS|PCC|Climate|Dynaudio|

Actually, 150k for the serp belt.
      2010 XC60 T6 R-Design|Black Sapphire|Soft Beige|BLIS|Convenience|RSE|Climate|
      2008 XC90 V8|Electric Silver|Offblack|BLIS|Climate|RSE|
      Past:
      2008 S80 3.2|Barents Blue|Sandstone|Zubra Sport w/ 4C|BLIS|PCC|Climate|Dynaudio|

Quote Originally Posted by swedishfishes View Post
      Actually, 150k for the serp belt.
      Have them look over the belt CAREFULLY. If it breaks it will cause massive damage. If you can afford it I would have it changed.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements