S60 Denso Supersedes Volvo's Original Part
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60 Denso Supersedes Volvo's Original Part

I just installed a set of new plugs, "genuine" Volvo, in a set of 5, Volvo PN: 31361653 in my 2013.
      The plugs are labeled Volvo and directly below that. on the ceramic, is the Denso number in orange: FK20HQR8

In Denso's 2015/2016 catalog, this part number is indicated as superseded by: IKH20TT

Are the TT's the ones with small tip hanging down from the ground electrode and the normal tip pointing toward it?

Does anyone have experience with these new plugs in the T5 engine?

I also have read of those swearing against Denso and insisting on original. Well in this case, that would be Denso.

Incidentally, another Volvo blunder, claiming the plugs are good til 70k miles. At 35k, these new plugs made a world of difference in shifting behavior from STOP-1-2

Den

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just swapped the plugs in my T6 and 27k miles and the engine seems to be pretty happy with the swap. Used NGK LFR7AIX. Stock plugs were well past due for a change based on their condition.
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, K-Pax Exhaust, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

I like the price on the NGKs. May check them out next time around. Do you know if their heat range is comparable to the Volvos?

It seems like 30k may be a good target for replacement, contrary to Volvo's 70k. I just received my transmission fluid lab results and am not happy with Volvo and their 100k fluid, 70k plugs and whatever comes next. I feel insulted

Den

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just received my transmission fluid lab results and am not happy with Volvo and their 100k fluid, 70k plugs and whatever comes next. I feel insulted

Den[/QUOTE]

What did the tranny fluid analysis show?

[/QUOTE]

What did the tranny fluid analysis show?[/QUOTE]

At my 34,000mi, it showed very high copper, 214 (compared to their 34,000mi average of 95) and high aluminum (25 vs 15). Oddly, it showed zero lead. I'm wondering if perhaps 2013 had lead free parts (at least those where the lead would traditionally come from). I don't know much about this stuff but am thinking an aluminum-bronze might account for both numbers being high. I asked Blackstone if they knew anything about this possibility but haven't heard back.

But I'm happy having drained and filled a few weeks back (see my TF-80SC top side fill post). I'll do the tranny and plugs both at 30k from now on. It's competing with our '91 740 for long life

Update - I heard back from Blackstone (great folks to deal with) and they thought lead free parts may have contributed and that they've seen newer cars with little or no lead.

Den
      Last edited by volvo_duo; 04-17-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Would the new Denso set be okay for a 2011 T6? I'm gonna change my plugs soon and am curious to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by CocaineOnTheSink View Post
      Would the new Denso set be okay for a 2011 T6? I'm gonna change my plugs soon and am curious to give it a try.
      If you're referring to the IKH20TT, I don't know. You may want to check with Tasca for the proper plug. I'd stick with the factory plug or at least make sure the heat range was the same before trying them. Info on some of these plugs seems sparse but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Den

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements