SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Need wheel ideas! Let me see your wheels!

12K views 77 replies 19 participants last post by  T501 
#1 ·
This is my car, really like the enkeis but they aren't mine so if anyone has some for sale let me know also. But I wanna see your alls cars to see what I like the looks of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Midirs:

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks, Bryce. They're off a C30. Had to bore the hub bore hole but they did turn out fine. Here is a closer look.

Almost forgot- these Borbet wheels are on my niece's car. They sit flush without spacers.

#11 · (Edited)

Mine with 17" Superturismo LM in silver.

#24 ·
Yeah Bryce, my wheels are +40 as well and it's essentially like having 10mm spacers without having to deal with spacers. That's one of the perks that sold me on the idea of replacing my Tethys with the OZs when my wheel cracked. I love finally not rubbing on full lock, even on lowering springs. I don't understand why Volvo didn't run a +40 offset on all of their wheels.

#28 ·
This is my BIL's eurospec S80 w Atlantis 18s.

#30 ·
Atlantis wheels are pretty cheap. You could try to plastidip them a dark color

#33 ·
Nebula's are 18"

#36 ·
It's definitely in the '01-'04 range. He painted some of the trim.

#44 ·
Largest wheel/tire combo without rubbing issues

You guys have some amazing wheels!!!

Any opinions on the largest wheel/tire combo that will fit an '01 S60 2.4, with stock suspension?

I'm not looking for the rubber-band-wrapped-around-a-plate look, but much closer to that than stock, and I'm certainly not interested in wheel-lock or bump rubbing. I've done that before and quickly grew weary of it.

#45 · (Edited)
You can go w 19s with a 35 tire. Width all depends on offset, spacers, etc. There are some who have pulled off 19s but you need to be careful of potholes. 17/18s look pretty good on these cars.

#49 ·
You can go w 19s with a 35 tire. Width all depends on offset, spacers, etc. There are some who have pulled off 19s but you need to be careful of potholes. 17/18s look pretty good on these cars.
Assuming an 18" wheel, 8" wide, do I even need to worry about spacers on a stock suspension?

For example, searching by vehicle ('01 S60 2.4) on TireRack and choosing an 18" x 8" wheel, it offers offsets various offsets from 38-48mm. Generally, regardless of the offset, Tirerack offers 225/40ZR18 tires for those wheels but notes, "Use of 225/40-18 tire may require a steering limiter available from Volvo dealer. Tire may rub fender liner when turning if limiter is not used."

I assume Tirerack isn't likely suggesting tires that don't really fit, so would it be generally safe to say that with the addition of the steering limiter, nearly any 18" x 8" wheel, with a 225/40ZR18 tire will work?

Has the "deep dish" look gone away on wheels? I don't think I saw even one 18" with the deep dish look on Tirerack.

#50 ·
There are 3 piece wheels w a deep dish look that you may be able to get away with but they are typically much wider and require rolled fenders and maybe fender flares depending on size. 8 inch wheels are fine for the s60. Try Craiglist and don't forget to check out SS classifieds for wheels. There is a good non-affiliated thread there. Picked up mine off Craigslist.

#51 ·
Deep Dish Look

There are 3 piece wheels w a deep dish look that you may be able to get away with but they are typically much wider and require rolled fenders and maybe fender flares depending on size. 8 inch wheels are fine for the s60. Try Craiglist and don't forget to check out SS classifieds for wheels. There is a good non-affiliated thread there. Picked up mine off Craigslist.
Interesting, I didn't realize that the deep dish look was typically so wide! I certainly have no interest in those kinds of mods on this car. Thank you!

#52 ·
Volvo makes different size steering limiters for running different size wheels on s60s. This is to avoid or usually only reduce rub. If you get a wheel with a decent offset like 40-38mm then rubbing will most likely not be an issue but you still may need larger limiters. Just because tire rack reccomends it doesn't necessarily mean that it won't rub.

#54 ·

I did 18x8 Ruffino Boss wheels in anthracite. et40 and there's no rub with the new tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06) in 235/40/18

#56 · (Edited)
Raderwerks et56 on an S60?

Okay folks, I figured that I would ask the pros here.

I want to buy a set of Raderworks BMW wheels, et56, bolt pattern 5x120, with 225/40 R18 tyres on them. I know I need a bolt converter to convert the 5x108 lug pattern on my S60, so there is thickness there, but otherwise will this work? I see others on here with the same sizes, but I just know I'm missing something(s).

Or, can someone point me in the right direction to figure it out? I'm not sure how the offset blends with the converter.

#58 ·
Okay folks, I figured that I would ask the pros here.

I want to buy a set of Raderworks BMW wheels, et56, bolt pattern 5x120, with 225/40 R18 tyres on them. I know I need a bolt converter to convert the 5x108 lug pattern on my S60, so there is thickness there, but otherwise will this work? I see others on here with the same sizes, but I just know I'm missing something(s).

Or, can someone point me in the right direction to figure it out? I'm not sure how the offset blends with the converter.

I don't see why it won't work especially with that high of an offset and the adapters, the main issue would be that the adapter are generally 25mm and with a low offset they have mad poke but you'd be running 15mm offset with the 25 mm adapters.

Edit: 31mm offset which is close to what Volvo's run

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.