What does this button do? (2016 S60 Inscription)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

I can't seem to find any mention of this button in the manual. It appears that it would be used to open or close the sunroof, or operate a sunshade that isn't equipped. I am probably way off, but someone here must know. It is the button below A/C and above the rear headrest release.

Thanks in Advance, Lee K

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Front passenger ejection?
      2017 V60CC AWD

Power sunshades

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

weird, the power sunroof button works both sunshade and roof on my XC60, wonder why a different button is needed for the sunshade?
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

I think it's for the rear window sunshade.
      2016 V60 CC T5 AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS

Quote Originally Posted by leeofwestover View Post
      I can't seem to find any mention of this button in the manual. It appears that it would be used to open or close the sunroof, or operate a sunshade that isn't equipped. I am probably way off, but someone here must know. It is the button below A/C and above the rear headrest release.

Thanks in Advance, Lee K
      I am almost certain its for the rear window sunshade, press it and look back to see if it goes down or up.

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      I think it's for the rear window sunshade.
      It is, and it's standard equipment and should be there and working.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by jo_nathan View Post
      I am almost certain its for the rear window sunshade, press it and look back to see if it goes down or up.
      Okay, problem solved. That is what it does.

wait, you couldn't hear the shades going up and down? Wow, that must be a very quiet motor/transport mechanism!
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

Imagine if there was a book, some might call it a manual, where an owner could read about the functionality of his/her vehicle. This "manual of ownership" could be stored in a compartment historically utilized for glove storage, or in the trunk (called the "boot" in some cultures).
      Last edited by works2shoot; 04-19-2017 at 08:03 AM.
      2014 S60 T6 AWD - Platinum - BLIS - IPD Sway kit - Focal Sound System

Quote Originally Posted by works2shoot View Post
      Imagine if there was a book, some might call it a manual, where an owner could read about the functionality of his/her vehicle. This "manual of ownership" could be stored in a compartment historically utilized for glove storage, or in the trunk (called the "boot" in some cultures).
      Damn, you should invent that. You could make millions...MILLIONS!
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by GRat9717 View Post
      Damn, you should invent that. You could make millions...MILLIONS!
      The inventions we can come up with when we apply ourselves...

Also, one time I tried a button and discovered what it does!!
      I only did that once though. Too risky
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      The inventions we can come up with when we apply ourselves...

Also, one time I tried a button and discovered what it does!!
      I only did that once though. Too risky
      Press the red button (

Men in Black ride in Orlando !)

To be fair to Mazda, they still do that.

The manual in the glove box of my daughter's 2014 Mazda 2 is very thick ; thicker than that of my wife's 2012 Mazda 3, which has more equipment options/ features ! Better than the one for my 2006 Mondeo, which was basically 2 sets of the first half of the manual !

Both Mazdas have discs to explain entertainment/ satnav. Neither give an indication of what to do if there is a problem.

The radio froze on my daughter's car. Factory reset solved it without losing the maps, Seems it's an Alpine unit with functionality removed by Alpine for Mazda, a documented update apparently can restore full Alpine functionality !
      Last edited by grahamR; 04-19-2017 at 05:14 PM.

I recently purchased an S60 Inscription Platinum, and I too had the same question as this person (I just pushed it to find out what it did). The owners manual does not contain this button nor describe its function anywhere that I could find. Neither the paper one nor the virtual one.

It's there, but you would have to know to look up the section on sun shades to find it.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

If the shade is up and you put the car in reverse, it automatically goes down which is kinda cool
      Daily Driver: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 73k, "Roxy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"

just one more thing to break though....cool feature

Or even better, provide it in PDF so the prospective owner could review/read before purchasing the vehicle. And deliver it on all kinds of devices like PC, tablet, phone, and even TV...
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements