Where is the A/C relay on V50 P1???
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Where is the A/C relay on V50 P1???

Because of the A/C compressor not workingAC clutch not engagingEven I restart the car trun A/C on off on off on off still no cold air coming out
      I checked the 10A fuse just fine,but I cant see where is the AC relay?
      New AC compressor is very expensive,God bless me

Thanks for reading

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You likely just need to re-shim your compressor clutch. As it wears, the gap get wider until the electromagnet can no longer engage the clutch. Removing shims or replacing with thinner ones narrows the gap.

Actually I have no idea which part fail,
      Refrigerant leaking?AC com magnet?AC com connector?
      The AC system is a complicated beast.make me cry make me smile...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Simple way to tell - Turn it on. See if AC is pumping out cold air. Then smack it with a mallet or a piece of wood on the pulley side (passenger side). Then check and see if AC is working. If smacking it works, you know you need to reshim your compressor. If it doesn't work then you know you have another problem.

The magnet is just an electromagnet, so unless the wiring has failed, it won't be the issue. Refridgerant - unless you've had leaking neon colored oil, no issue there, relay can go bad, but if it is (it's either in the CEM behind the glovebox or the one in the enginebay).
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

The AC condensor really hasn't any sort of protective parts to it, are you sure there's no leaks? There's a lot of P1s out there where the condenser got chipped and started to leak, including mine two years ago.
      A shop quoted around $800 for parts and labor, i ordered parts from germany and did the swap myself, total cost around $300.
      Volvo V50 1.8F 2008 Metallic Blue, not a R-design from the start but I'm converting it to one!
      Done: R-design bodykit, sport spoiler, Eibach Pro 25mm, Dotz Roadster 19" on 225/35, fully LED converted inside and out. More to come at:
      Project thread!

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements