Hilton Launch Control
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Hilton Launch Control

So you have the be stage3 with catless DP...has anyone tried their tune yet?

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 D/S Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Ceramic Pads-custom Cat-back, muffler delete

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm loving the Stage 2 tune with torque limiter delete. Didn't know LC was even an option. Maybe it's just for manuals? But why do you need LC for a manual? Just build the revs up and dump the clutch...
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

I ordered 2.5 tune yesterday morning around 9, got a confirmation email that payment was sent and accepted but haven't been sent anything from him yet. I am hoping to get the launch control when I upgrade to the stage 3 with the k16. How long did it take you guys to get an email from him?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by black5 View Post
      I ordered 2.5 tune yesterday morning around 9, got a confirmation email that payment was sent and accepted but haven't been sent anything from him yet. I am hoping to get the launch control when I upgrade to the stage 3 with the k16. How long did it take you guys to get an email from him?
      I would assume it would take him a little while. He is a one man show. If he doesn't reply back within 24 hours, I would be concerned.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For manuals only. You floor it and hold the clutch down, and it bounces the rpms at a set value while you dump the clutch and just keep the glass floored

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 D/S Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Ceramic Pads-custom Cat-back, muffler delete

does removing the rev limiter do anything for automatics? also what exactly does launch control do, i get what it does but i dont know how it works i guess.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

I wouldn't see how removing the rev limiter does anything. It doesn't increase your power or anything. Can the transmission (auto or manual) even handle a launch reliably?
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      For manuals only. You floor it and hold the clutch down, and it bounces the rpms at a set value while you dump the clutch and just keep the glass floored

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      What's the point when I have more control with just the clutch and gas pedal? I know how to launch quickly and I didn't have to get a stage 3 tune.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if whatever they did allows you to build maximum boost before letting the clutch go. It's cheating yes but still cool.

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

what thefisch33 said. It allows you to build maximum boost before letting the clutch out for a harder launch.
      Think WRC style, basically.

Would love to try it out when I upgrade. I thought you only needed a stage 2 though?
      2005 S40 T5 M66 AWD - Hilton tune - K&N Intake

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements