Pretty much unique project
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Pretty much unique project

Hi and hello, long time no see. It's been a while since I've been thinking and thinking what to do next on my s40 because it's pretty much finished.

Yes I wanted and still want an exterior R-design kit but I can't find any in my country so this is going to get postponed, sadly. Just for an example I had to wait like 3 years to get the C70 R-Design steering wheel.

As I was saying, I still want to change something on the car and I thought of starting with the engine. I could swap out everything and get a T5 with cables and stuff but that would be just like buying an S40 with T5 engine and so on.

So I thought of adding this engine : B5204T5.

My problem is : could the ECU from B5204T5 hook up with the rest of my interior stuff just like the ICM, DDM and so on ?
      There are many S 40's out there but mine...mine is different
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...s-thread/page6

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's the 'same' engine in a lot of ways, but your ECU and other things would not like it.
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

So supposedly, the Volvo just released the software on VIDA to deprogram and REprogram an ECU, that being said, if you want to swap, you would need to get literally EVERYTHING from the engine bay, an entire engine, harness, and ECU. Then you need to see if your CEM is the same part number as a T5 version. Then it's about installing everything and hooking it all back up, doing all the required reprogramming. This is not including anything that you'd need to change depending on your transmission and driveline.

However, I am totally jealous of your diesel. You can make that thing SCREAM, and I mean SCREAM, for the same money you'd put into getting a whole T5 motor/harness/ecu out of a junkyard.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

haha i know. my diesel is at 200 horsepower but it's a 1.6 litres 4 pot engine. compared to a T5 5 pot sound... and engine maintenance i think petrol is better than diesel

About the rdesign kit, what about eBay? I've bought a few rdesign parts from the UK shipped to sweden, was still cheaper getting it from there than here.
      Volvo V50 1.8F 2008 Metallic Blue, not a R-design from the start but I'm converting it to one!
      Done: R-design bodykit, sport spoiler, Eibach Pro 25mm, Dotz Roadster 19" on 225/35, fully LED converted inside and out. More to come at:
      Project thread!

that's a good idea. i haven't thought about it. what was your shipping fee ? i live in central europe and i think it's going 2 be twice the price

Hm... I have the receipts somewhere. But it wasn't that expensive to be honest. Like, $100 for [insert random part] and $30-40 for the shipping. Was quite surprised by how cheap it was shipping it from UK and Germany, especially UK seem to almost give the parts away. I've seen complete r-design interiors (seats that is) in good condition for ~$300. Here in Sweden you can't get ONE seat for that price.
      Volvo V50 1.8F 2008 Metallic Blue, not a R-design from the start but I'm converting it to one!
      Done: R-design bodykit, sport spoiler, Eibach Pro 25mm, Dotz Roadster 19" on 225/35, fully LED converted inside and out. More to come at:
      Project thread!

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements