SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Pretty much unique project

632 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rentalcar 
#1 ·
Hi and hello, long time no see. It's been a while since I've been thinking and thinking what to do next on my s40 because it's pretty much finished.

Yes I wanted and still want an exterior R-design kit but I can't find any in my country so this is going to get postponed, sadly. Just for an example I had to wait like 3 years to get the C70 R-Design steering wheel.

As I was saying, I still want to change something on the car and I thought of starting with the engine. I could swap out everything and get a T5 with cables and stuff but that would be just like buying an S40 with T5 engine and so on.

So I thought of adding this engine : B5204T5.

My problem is : could the ECU from B5204T5 hook up with the rest of my interior stuff just like the ICM, DDM and so on ?

#3 ·
So supposedly, the Volvo just released the software on VIDA to deprogram and REprogram an ECU, that being said, if you want to swap, you would need to get literally EVERYTHING from the engine bay, an entire engine, harness, and ECU. Then you need to see if your CEM is the same part number as a T5 version. Then it's about installing everything and hooking it all back up, doing all the required reprogramming. This is not including anything that you'd need to change depending on your transmission and driveline.

However, I am totally jealous of your diesel. You can make that thing SCREAM, and I mean SCREAM, for the same money you'd put into getting a whole T5 motor/harness/ecu out of a junkyard.

#7 ·
Hm... I have the receipts somewhere. But it wasn't that expensive to be honest. Like, $100 for [insert random part] and $30-40 for the shipping. Was quite surprised by how cheap it was shipping it from UK and Germany, especially UK seem to almost give the parts away. I've seen complete r-design interiors (seats that is) in good condition for ~$300. Here in Sweden you can't get ONE seat for that price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.