2017 Dynamic - Remote Start via Fob?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2017 Dynamic - Remote Start via Fob?

I just traded in my 2012 S60 for a 2017 Dynamic, with Volvo On Call included.

+ I can remote start the car via the VOC app. However, I cannot remote start the car with the keyfob.

The fob is the more basic type.

+ The manual says I can remote start by pressing the lock key briefly then the light button for at least two seconds, but nothing happens.

Wondering if fob remote start is disabled because of VOC? Want to decide if I keep VOC after six months but don't really need it if the fob remote starts the car.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Interested in this as I always thought it was one or the other. The older cars could get remote start from the fob installed at the dealer (for like $400-500) but with the intro of the VOC app I thought that was the only way to remote start.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

We had the same question but were informed that the only way to remote start is via VOC.
      2016 V60 CC T5 AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The VOC app and the remote start from the fob are two separate items. Depending on how long you plan to keep your car, the remote start in the fob is like 500 bucks and the VOC app is free for 6 months and then about 100/year after that
      Daily Driver: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 65k, "Roxy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow / Black, 93k, "Daisy"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      The VOC app and the remote start from the fob are two separate items. Depending on how long you plan to keep your car, the remote start in the fob is like 500 bucks and the VOC app is free for 6 months and then about 100/year after that
      For once we get a good deal in the UK as far as standard items are concerned; VOC free for 3 years !

Heres the deal with some specificity. our 13 s60 had remote start installed at factory 300 ft. range . Then 15.5 v60cc with the voc Unfortunately didnt work at our home to garage cause we dont have good cell sig out to car. So i want remote start installed. Remote start avail but now only goes 75 feet. All these cars have the remote start mod in them. They just need programmin by volv 4-500$ Our key was repormmed. Maybe not the case 12s???? key and module???Furthermore I wanted the 300 ft so they told me i need another module another key and more programmin. The parts guys at Boston Volvo village were the only ones who took the time to get to the botom of it for me!

Quote Originally Posted by redmond1501 View Post
      I just traded in my 2012 S60 for a 2017 Dynamic, with Volvo On Call included.

+ I can remote start the car via the VOC app. However, I cannot remote start the car with the keyfob.

The fob is the more basic type.

+ The manual says I can remote start by pressing the lock key briefly then the light button for at least two seconds, but nothing happens.

Wondering if fob remote start is disabled because of VOC? Want to decide if I keep VOC after six months but don't really need it if the fob remote starts the car.

Quote Originally Posted by racquetsrc View Post
      Heres the deal with some specificity. our 13 s60 had remote start installed at factory 300 ft. range . Then 15.5 v60cc with the voc Unfortunately didnt work at our home to garage cause we dont have good cell sig out to car. So i want remote start installed. Remote start avail but now only goes 75 feet. All these cars have the remote start mod in them. They just need programmin by volv 4-500$ Our key was repormmed. Maybe not the case 12s???? key and module???Furthermore I wanted the 300 ft so they told me i need another module another key and more programmin. The parts guys at Boston Volvo village were the only ones who took the time to get to the botom of it for me!
      You set up a connection to your home WiFi network on your Volvo and, voila!, VoC works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements