Cute Sporty Car! #blackcarsarentsupposedtobecute
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cute Sporty Car! #blackcarsarentsupposedtobecute

I maintain my car, and do some professional interior detail work, so I keep a clean car. Gave the car a fresh wash and wax yesterday, and drove over to my friends house afterward.

A group of people were walking around the neighborhood as I was getting out of the car and a lady said to me, "Oh what a CUTE little Volvo! That's a Cute Sporty car! I love it, Wooooooow! Real cute! Real sporty!"
      A man in the group (looked like her pops) said, "Yeah! Is she new?"

I replied, "Oh no, sir, she's almost 10 years old."

The man said, "Oh WOW you take good care of that. I'm gonna tell your mother!"
      (I'm 30 years old, this is such a weird thing to say....)

Good to know my hard work goes noticed, and thank God for waning daylight Felt some kinda way though, about it being called 'cute,' but I'll take it...

--08 C70, "Black Stone" (apparently its called, per the Volvo parts department)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Black, at least on an 06-09, is my favorite color (which is what the one I bought my daughter is, with the big Mirzam rims and xenon lights). To me the these black 06-09 looks sportiest. The 10-13s look "classier" to me, especially in some of the colors like celestial blue pearl. Just my opinion...YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneygt View Post
      Black, at least on an 06-09, is my favorite color (which is what the one I bought my daughter is, with the big Mirzam rims and xenon lights). To me the these black 06-09 looks sportiest. The 10-13s look "classier" to me, especially in some of the colors like celestial blue pearl. Just my opinion...YMMV.
      I think that's a very astute observation. The face lifted C70's definitely look a lot more classy and luxurious. And the pre-face lifted models have a more sporty-looking stance. The Black Stone especially, has a nice aggressive look to it. I actually really like both looks of the pre and post-face lift, and not 100% sure which I like better!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Aesthetically, I'm very happy with my '09 celestial blue pearl.

I like the hint of red in the Ember Black better than the Stone, and that would likely be my 1st choice if or when I look to upgrade to a later year, although I also like the dark blue/calcite combination, and will confess that there's at least a part of me that would love to own a flamenco/cranberry.

I really like the cranberry interior. I think the cranberry with the wood would look fantastic in a black C-70. Either the stone or the ember! I don't think I've seen any dark blue's in person. I've seen a teal one though, it looks nice!

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements