01 V70 T5M black on black - Denver CO
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

01 V70 T5M black on black - Denver CO

Sold! Thanks for looking.

Black on black, wood trim, 192,000 miles.

The good:
      No leaks, uses minimal fluids. Goes 3000 miles on a quart of oil.
      Makes full boost, pulls great.
      Full maintenance records for the last 8 years
      Bulletproof reliable. Took it on a 3000 mile road trip twice last summer.
      PCV and timing belt/water pump/serpentine all done last year
      Cam seals done last year
      05 power steering reservoir and hose, no leaks.
      Xemodex ETM done in 2010, still works great.
      S60 steering wheel upgrade
      Wood trim shift knob
      Lowered on H&R springs with Koni FSD shocks and struts. Cut-a-strut already done for future replacement. Original springs will be included.
      Polk Audio component speakers in front, Infinity reference in rear doors. With an aftermarket stereo it sounds amazing. Car comes with factory radio.
      Heated seats work great
      Defrost and heated mirrors work great
      Power locks, mirrors, seats and windows work great
      Passes emissions, no CELs or other warnings.
      Just bought great condition fog lights, not installed.
      Fully tinted, 20% from B-pillars back, 35% on front windows. Tint in beautiful condition.
      Fuel door hinge modified to never break again.
      Comes with 6 amalthea wheels, 2 are bent slightly but don't vibrate or leak air. Also currently on General Altimax Arctic snows with about 50% tread left. One extra tire included.
      Akebono brake pads have 60k miles on them and are still over 3/4 left. Car stops fantastic.

The bad:
      Salvage title. You can see the damage and repair in this thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ect-01-V70-T5M
      Car has a Colorado assigned VIN because the salvage inspector believed the VIN tag on the dash was not allowed to be swapped between cars. He was wrong but it's too late now. This just means the paperwork looks weird, and people wonder what's up. Otherwise irrelevant.
      Getting old: All the door panels have come unglued and rattle. Some dash plastic rattles.
      Sunroof broken and disabled. Locked into place but leaks.
      Clear coat starting to peel, paint faded off mirrors, paint on spoiler faded and thin.
      Many scratches, 4 door dings. One tiny rust spot. Front bumper cracked and torn near grille.
      Headlight wipers disabled and removed.
      AC does not work even though both hoses and compressor replaced last summer. Got it charged in winter, suspect a bad charge.
      Heater smells of coolant but it doesn't leak, suspect very small leak in heater core, been that way for years. Does not fog up windshield.
      Front suspension could use a refresh, probably needs control arms, end links, ball joints, but the car drives pretty straight and doesn't wear tires unevenly. All tires do wear more on the inside due to lowering.
      Who knows how long it will keep going? Clutch has 192k miles on it, as does stock original exhaust. Battery is 3-4 years old.
      Slight brake vibration at high speed, none at low speed. Suspect not-flat rotor but it's not bad enough to bother me.
      Triton wheels do NOT come with it.

Trying to be honest, trying to price it to move fast. Need it gone.

I have a third row seat available from my R if it sweetens the deal.

Rain rinsed it good enough to add pics:

This headlight just started doing this unfortunately.

Last edited by LloydDobler; 04-29-2017 at 09:11 AM.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Pure Turbos Hybrid, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, JZW tune.
      1966 122s - Collectible project, restoration and many mods on the way.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Man, this could make a great project to gut and cage...
      Tony

2017 Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport
      1958 Volvo PV444 - B20/M40 swap
      Past Bricks: '95 855, '98 V70T5M, '04 V70R M, '10 XC60, '83 245 Turbo, '12 XC70 T6 P*

Bump for pics.
      2003 C70 T5M Convertible - Eibachs, Koni FSDs, Enkei RSF5s, OBX downpipe, Snabb intake, RIP kit, & drop-in intercooler, Quaife LSD, 19T, Green Giants, 22 psi Hilton tune.
      2006 V70R M66 - Sonic Blue/Nordkap, 2.4 T5 motor, Pure Turbos Hybrid, Snabb intake & intercooler, IPD oval exhaust, JZW tune.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

GLWS! Someone is getting a lot of car for the money. I would be calling up my friend who wants a cool Volvo to go look at this if it was local!

Looks way better than my '01 T5M. I have 213,000 miles on my original clutch and the engine still runs very strong so I would say it's a great deal for $1,600. If you were local I'd buy it for for the shifter knob alone!
      2001 V70 T5M, TME Springs, 213,000 miles and climbing - fast.

You can still get the knob for around $90. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...=volvo+8671187

And car sold quick, just like I wanted. Going to the son of a SS member in the local Volvo club. I suppose we should watch for him in the V70 section.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements