Key Fob won't unlock or lock
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Key Fob won't unlock or lock

I have noticed that My key fob would work sometimes and sometimes not. I assumed its battery issue but after i changed the battery now is completely not working at all. I use the blade key to get in which sets off the alarm once inserted the alarm is off and engine turns on and car run great. anyone has this problem before and what was their solution to it. Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have this problem but it's because I have a communication problem between my CEM and DDM. Occasionally the remote door lock/unlock won't work along with random problems from the driverside controls for the locks/windows at the same time. However i can still lock/unlock and roll down windows with the doors individual controls...anything similar to this?
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      I have this problem but it's because I have a communication problem between my CEM and DDM. Occasionally the remote door lock/unlock won't work along with random problems from the driverside controls for the locks/windows at the same time. However i can still lock/unlock and roll down windows with the doors individual controls...anything similar to this?
      I do not have anything similar to that

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, it looks like you are having trouble with the remote part of the system. Obviously the blade key is separate (and VERY wierd of Volvo that it should set off an alarm whey you use the key!!!). The ACTUAL ignition lock is an RFID chip in the shank of the fob, which is, fortunately for you, working.

The Remote element is between a transmitter in the fob and a receiver above the speedo unit (DIM). DiCE/ VIDA might be able to give a readout on the health of those systems. They depend on a programmed match between the unique codes sent by the fob and the receiver and the CEM.
      Mark

"New-to-me" V50 Back from the dead.
      http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc0511129.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mf70 View Post
      Well, it looks like you are having trouble with the remote part of the system. Obviously the blade key is separate (and VERY wierd of Volvo that it should set off an alarm whey you use the key!!!). The ACTUAL ignition lock is an RFID chip in the shank of the fob, which is, fortunately for you, working.

The Remote element is between a transmitter in the fob and a receiver above the speedo unit (DIM). DiCE/ VIDA might be able to give a readout on the health of those systems. They depend on a programmed match between the unique codes sent by the fob and the receiver and the CEM.
      Thanks for you're reply. so basically my only option is go through the dealership to fix this problem right?

Well, yes. DiCE/ VIDA might be able to see which element isn't acting right. You can buy Blister-pack OEM new fobs with their unique code numbers for around $80.00. The dealer will want ~ $130 to program the new fob into the car. Make sure they remove any codes that are not going to be used.
      Mark

"New-to-me" V50 Back from the dead.
      http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc0511129.jpg

I had quite similar issues last winter. The culprit was a bad connection in CEM; cleaning the contacts fixed it and the problem hasn't returned. Sometimes this occurred at the same time the DIM went out, which might help locating the bad connection. I removed all connectors and cleaned them thoroughly so it's hard to say which one of them it might have been.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements