Shifter is squeeky and doesn't feel great while shifting
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Shifter is squeeky and doesn't feel great while shifting

I have a 2005 T5 AWD with a 6 speed manual, my old car was a NA (1997) Mazda Miata. I love all the comfort, utility, and power that I get from the V50- but the shifter leaves something to be desired.

When moved about, the shifter sounds like squeeky plastic.
      To me it's a bit tall, and a bit wobbly.

I would like suggestions for remedying either if possible. Thank you in advance for your insights.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD, 6MT

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My m66 is the most solid feeling fwd manual trans shifter I've ever touched, including mazdas, fords, and Subarus. If yours is loose feeling, you may have play in the shifter housing itself and or the cables need too he replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 V50 T5 AWD M66

my opinion - pop it open and make sure there's nothing loose that can be tightened, then replace the shifter itself and reconnect the cables. If it's squeeking, it means plastic on plastic and the bushings are/have worn out. One of the cables is adjustable from the enginebay, the other is not.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements