2004 XC90 T6 transmission fluid flush after Transmission rebuilt
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2004 XC90 T6 transmission fluid flush after Transmission rebuilt

Hello

I did this! I rebuilt my transmission without removing it from the car. I have to assembly only right side of my suspension and it is ready to go. But before I will do this, I have a question regarding transmission fluid flush. I would like to do this before test drive. So I want to connect clear hose to upper radiator connection and start the engine to remove about 1-2 of old fluid that stayed i torque converter and radiator. I already add about 6 liters of new oil. But I'm worry when I will start doing flush, my transmission will be without fluid because there is no return oil? Please correct me if I wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It pumps out pretty quick, probably faster than you can add it down the tube. I'd suggest adding 2 extra liters, then starting car with flush hose and draining out the added 2L. Rinse, repeat for desired affect. iirc a drain and fill with filter replacement is almost 7 qts. I would imagine that with a rebuild it may take a little more initially. Let us know how it works out. Cool that you were able to rebuild without trans removal. Did you have to remove angle gear?
      2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

You say you rebuilt the transmission without removing it from the car, what do you mean? How is that possible? Please elaborate.
      2006 XC90 V8

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello

Yes, I rebuilt the transmission without removing it from the car. I have done everything from side and bottom. I didn't remove angle gear. I just lowered transmission and engine subframe.
      I replaced all frictions (they were burnt), steel plates, 4th clutch hub and shaft assembly, side cover gasket, 2 solenoids, 3-4 accumulator piston springs (one was broken)... thrusts washers. All seals, o-rings etc. Everything what I could replace without removing transmission from the car. It wasn't easy but you can do it yourself if you have garage and have some idea about cars and how to maintain and fix them. I made my own tools for teflon gaskets. You don't need any special tools. If anyone wants to do this please order all parts when you will disassembly everything. Do not make the same mistake that I did. I had to order 2 more times, because I have discovered some broken pars (for example 3-4 accumulator piston springs). You can save time and money. And it is better to use engine support bar instead lift jack. I didn't do this but next time (I hope so never again) I will use some threaded rods to hold subframe.
      You can find all pictures here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...XEtaS1sM1ZOOE0
      I ordered all parts for my transmission from http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com/ I thing it is the best source and they have everything-parts and knowledge.
      If anyone has any question please let me know. I will try to explain everything.
      Last edited by Wolverin; 04-25-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Thank you for the explanation and the pictures. This overhaul might be in my future so I am taking note. Were the Teflon gaskets the black gear-like things that you took pictures of? Why did you have to make a special tool for these gaskets and what did it look like?
      Last edited by nascenta; 05-03-2017 at 12:14 PM.
      2006 XC90 V8

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements