SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

650cc Injectors

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  aznatama 
#1 ·
Just confirming that the Bosch EV14 Long is the one to get?
I'd prefer to get OEM units that flow at 650 instead of modified injectors.

#6 ·
After some research, I think I'll be getting SW injectors. They're partners w/ Bosch Automotive Aftermarket, and all injectors come flow matched w/ a report sheet.

Both the 650cc and 800cc injectors cost the same, but I'll be getting the 650's since I don't plan on ever using e85 and don't feel like my drivetrain can reliable handle more than 450hp anyways.

FYI, these are the same injectors sold by IPD (can see the DW logo on IPD's site), but not sure why IPD sells them for more.

#7 ·
Not familiar with SW... who are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
That makes more sense. Thanks.

#11 ·
Just did. DW sells Bosch EV14 injectors with USCAR to EV1 adapters for 349/set of 5. <$70/ea. I also get a discount on top of that, making it even less.
I could care less about using inline plug adapters.

Not sure about five-o, but DW injectors are flow matched at full flow and low/mid flow ranges. Maybe it doesn't matter much, or it's marketing hype, but regardless, it's still the cheapest option.

#14 ·
same price from DW, but why would the standard length give better idle than longer length injectors?
Length has no affect on performance, it's single hole vs. 16 hole atomization. Unfortunately I've only found the 16 hole injectors in the medium length body. Would love to find a long design instead, but haven't been successful.

#15 ·
Length has no affect on performance, it's single hole vs. 16 hole atomization. Unfortunately I've only found the 16 hole injectors in the medium length body. Would love to find a long design instead, but haven't been successful.

Oooohhh that makes sense now. I wonder if lower pulse and higher pressure would give the same result? too bad we can't adjust pressure on our caRs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.