SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Hilton Stage 1?

11K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  aznatama 
#1 ·
Currently looking to tune my 07 R GT, swapped with a 05 2.4 from a T5. 3" DP and OBX catback.

Have been in contact with VIVA and they've been amazing at answering all my questions. Normally I would go right with the stage 2 but funds are low (Trying to buy a house eventually) and I don't have the time for revisions and whatnot. Does anyone here have a stage 1 tune with the above mods? (Minus the 2.4 swap) How do you like it? Good bump in power? Worth the money? I'll likely just do an FMIC this summer too and probably work on suspension after that. While I'd LOVE the Stage 2, it just doesn't seem likely now.

Looking for input!

#3 ·
Yes, when I did the swap I went through everything. Thanks

#6 ·
The 07 R GT doesn't have a tq limiter.

The trans tq limiter removal is probably the best bang for the buck on the earlier 5-sp caRs though.

Polestar gives an 06 S60 a 30hp/40tq increase... that's not what I would call bs. Without any supporting mods (e.g. stage 2 items), I'm not sure you can really do much more since you'll be limited by intake, IC, and exhaust restrictions.

#7 ·
All automatics are torque limited. 2006+ is just limited to about 15psi. Considering stock boost is just about that, it's not limited, but if you tune it and dont remove the limiter, you'll see more boost only from third gear. First two are still limited.
Automatics have other engine torque limiters too, but those are not low enough on R's to do anything really. More of a 2.5T/2.4T LPT problem or older T5's.

Having seen many Polestar tunes, I can assure you, the gains advertised will not happen. Its marketing.
They kept the tunes very mild cause many newer cars are under warranty and Volvo generally isnt much of a performance brand. So they "approved" gentle tunes.

Reactions: mdnky
#8 ·
All automatics are torque limited. 2006+ is just limited to about 15psi. Considering stock boost is just about that, it's not limited, but if you tune it and dont remove the limiter, you'll see more boost only from third gear. First two are still limited.
Oh? didn't know that. Is it safe to remove the limiter in low gears though? After all.. not like you'll be trying to drift in an automatic. =P

#9 ·
I likely won't take out the TQ limiter but we'll see.

All I want to know is WHO has a stage one, HOW it feels compared to stock. IF it's worth the money. As mentioned before, I don't have the time at the moment for the revisions.

#13 ·
Now this is some info I can get behind, what does it boost at with the stage 1?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.