SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

My XC60 Thread (no modding...just enhancing)

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  tomedkaz 
#1 ·
Picked up my 5th overall Volvo (S40, S60R, S60R, XC70). To be fair, this one is my wife's vehicle and she was solely responsible for picking the color combination.
I was pushing for the RD but I could not win her over - she wanted a white 2015+ with a light interior...

2015+ T6 AWD with BLIS, Navi, paddle shifters and other goodies. The car is super quick actually...makes my S60R feel not so fast....hhmmm

Anyways...the car is a CPO until 2022 with 30K miles on it. Picked it up from Glen Cove Volvo on Long Island. What a great dealer...seriously. I'd go back to them any day for another CPO. The car has ZERO door dings on it and the interior is nearly perfect. Wife loves driving it (and so do I)

Although I'm not "allowed" to mod it, I am going to enhance it a bit.

Already removed the front license plate bracket, installed interior LEDs, ordered upgraded headlamp bulbs.
Will buy my wife the Ocean Race cargo cover for her birthday....maybe bigger OEM wheels...and most likely P*

Also need to buy cross bars and maybe a roof box. The trunk is a bit smaller than my P2 XC70.

Here are a few photos. She's so pretty (yea yea yea I know it's no RD but whatever...I like it a lot! our daughter will be nice and safe in it:) )

new interior LEDs

Front plate delete

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
^^ Disagree... my wife has the P* tune on her XC60 and loves it. Kinda makes it a sleeper SUV.

When she test drove the XC60's w/o and w/ P* it was nearly night and day. It really livens up the car. It's not just a power upgrade, I believe it also affected the shift points. I also had the IPD rear sway bar installed. Gives it a bit more stability around the corners.

#4 ·
Looks like mine! Except we have the dark interior. One thing imo that looks great on the white is the P* side mouldings + rear hatch trim. Removes most of the chrome but gives it a sportier look.

#5 ·
Congrats, car looks great! How did you remove the license plate bracket and not have holes? Isn't it attached to the bumper? Aren't the cops pretty vigilant in NY for no front plate?

We have had ours for around 2 years and are going to be adding a few things to it.

#6 ·
Thanks fellas. Yea I think my wife wouldn't care much about P* but I know I will when I drive the family in it on weekends (my other car is too small for say a weekend trip)

Regarding the license plate, I simply unscrewed the bracket, but the exposed plastic with a knife and filled in the two tiny black holes with white bathroom silicone. The match is nearly perfect....you do see two tiny dimples but it's better than black holes. Knock on wood cops have not bothered me at all in NJ...lots of people do it here.

#8 ·
Nice grab! P* is definitely well worth. What did you use for interior LEDs and which headlight bulb did you go with?

Sway bar is a nice touch for the cost, much more planted in the rear. I have mudflaps as well, subtle and keeps the car cleaner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.