Please, Swedespeed, be a pal, and help me get my GF's 98 V70 XC CEL off! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post
      Well you can stop in Groton but you're not getting any parts there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ahh, cool. Sounds like you're saying FCP Groton doesn't have a regular, walk-in retail store. That's fine.. thank you for that info!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maronha View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      Volvo Dealers in US will diagnose a Check Engine Light Free. http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...rvice-by-volvo
      That's interesting,I didn't know that about the software updates. So must your car already be in for service to get the free software updates or can you just schedule that? My car has only seen the dealer once during my ownership and that was just before CPO warranty ran out. Otherwise it's only seen my Indy shop.

That's where I'm at... Indy shop for anything beyond the super simple stuff.

For example. The oil is now good.
      But the new dipstick won't fit. It's too fat at the top rubber part. (Old one broke at the pull tab)
      So they can install the new dipstick tube and o-ring.
      And they can put on the pictured belt I got.

Avoided issue: They call up Autozone etc for parts so TO AVOID NGK ANYTHING GOING IN THERE (I would not be surprised if original Volvo plugs from 1998 are in there. Not at all. And I am clear that the 1998 has a dizzy.. out of the 98-00 range the 98 has a dizzy.. ok..) - to avoid that, if I come with the right plugs, then they go in.

The next service date is Tuesday. Belt replaced, at the very least.

^^ By the way. Trying to go with the Indy that works on Maserati, Mercedes Benz, Audi, BMW, VW, some Porsche... vs the one that does mostly Honda ...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No, they moved to Milford. I'm positive that you're the guy now. Mods need to close his account!! Anyone know what members moderates this area. We need to end this.

06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

99 S70 N/A

No, they moved to Milford. I'm positive that you're the guy now. Mods need to close his account!! Anyone know what members moderates this area. We need to end this.

If this isn't the isn't of an insecure hater, I don't know what is. Whatever problem you have with that guy, just use the ignore button and STFU. I'm positive you're a Negative Nancy, Internet troll, and possibly much worse. That's the last food you get in my otherwise fine thread.

Now. Moving on: Car gets serviced tomorrow. I'll post up the results!

So! Volvo or NGKs...

G-power, if NGK?

Well if you're going to FCP G̶r̶o̶t̶o̶n̶ might as well get the good stuff since you only have to buy it once.

Are you only here to troll SonicBlueR? Because I told you they're in Milford like 15 posts ago

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Well if you're going to FCP G̶r̶o̶t̶o̶n̶ might as well get the good stuff since you only have to buy it once.

Are you only here to troll SonicBlueR? Because I told you they're in Milford like 15 posts ago
      No no, not at all, not for that nonsense. I'm here for the car and all it entails. My work is so hectic - I work night and day! - that catching glimpses of here has me miss a family amount.

I'll Google them and give them a call, after I complete my drive home in my present vehicle. Maybe picking it up after ordering it is possible.

My name is rick harrison and this is my pawn shop i work here with my old man my son big hoss everything in here has a story and a price one thing i've learned after 21 years you never know whats gonna walk through those doors
      Join the Fun! 1996 855 Turbo Estate "風雪丸", "Fusetsumaru" - Polar White/Dark Gray - 150k (est.)
      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Please no one respond to his posts anymore. We all know who this is. This guy has some mental issues and just likes to blow these cars up.

99 S70 N/A

Well! Adam at FCP is AWESOME.

Seems like the full tune-up stuff for muh car costs "only $120 or so." My my my, how I have moved up to say "Only $120."

Ordering tomorrow.

Please no one respond to his posts anymore. We all know who this is. This guy has some mental issues and just likes to blow these cars up.

Please, disregard this a****** known as SonicBlueR. He has trolled my thread pretty heavy and now im telling him to STFU, he is intent on a de-rail.

Continue the good replies.

Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      My name is rick harrison and this is my pawn shop i work here with my old man my son big hoss everything in here has a story and a price one thing i've learned after 21 years you never know whats gonna walk through those doors
      Good one... lol.

Yes, Milford. You were right, they ship regardless, that's fine!

Hey, been work in since last night, I do it again in less than 12 hours. Goodnight for today. And thank you for your help!

OMG Ms. Roxanne, you just made my day. *opens door* Now lets stumble on back to the 850 subform where we belong lol.
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      OMG Ms. Roxanne, you just made my day. *opens door* Now lets stumble on back to the 850 subform where we belong lol.
      Lol there are lots of good threads in the s/v70 forum.

Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      Lol there are lots of good threads in the s/v70 forum.
      It's a good thread, but let me bring in an expert on good threads so I can see what we're dealing with here. (Pawn Stars reference)

O-K! ... so. Likely ordered from FCP Euro, tomorrow in one shot:

- 5-pack Volvo plugs. Number "8692071" was mentioned
      - Cap
      - Rotor
      - Dizzy
      - Plug Wires

- Oil dipstick Tube
      - Oil dipstick tube O-ring

- Fuel cap

Direct deposit comes in in the morning. Soon to work all night. Will update after the belt!

We really DO NOT need to know every single damn part you bought!!
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
      We really DO NOT need to know every single damn part you bought!!
      That's JRL.... being JRL!

Oh and now you're also the expert on me.
      Just stop posting for a while, it's tedious, at best

Join the Fun! 1996 855 Turbo Estate "風雪丸", "Fusetsumaru" - Polar White/Dark Gray - 150k (est.)
      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Update.

1. The flat tire is fixed (replaced.) I bougt a matching pair of Continental for the rear axle.

2. Dom is finishing up working on a dead newer 2012-ish CLK 500 and I'm standing in his shop.

Oh and now you're also the expert on me.
      Just stop posting for a while, it's tedious, at best
      Did I say I was? It's well known you speak to people in a certain manner.

3. We having a shop BS us. A shop full of BMW and Mercedes-Benz is telling us the don't have the socket for our tensionerm dom is coming out to do t.. the engine has cooled.

That's the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
      Update.

1. The flat tire is fixed (replaced.) I bougt a matching pair of Continental for the rear axle.
      All four (4) tires MUST be within 3/32" of each other on these early (V/C AWD) wagons or you will probably destroy your AWD

Jim this is the same guy from NJ that destroyed all the other XCs in the past. This needs to be closed

99 S70 N/A

All four (4) tires MUST be within 3/32" of each other on these early (V/C AWD) wagons or you will probably destroy your AWD
      He probably destroyed it already.......

3. We having a shop BS us. A shop full of BMW and Mercedes-Benz is telling us the don't have the socket for our tensionerm dom is coming out to do t.. the engine has cooled.
      You took it to a BMW and Merc shop..... this is surprising why?

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 8888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8. dont forget to medit8 and allevi8 your ability to tabul8 the f8. We should meet up m8 and convers8 on how we can cre8 more gr8 b8, I'm sure everyone would appreci8, no h8. I don't mean to defl8 your hopes, but its hard to dict8 where the b8 will rel8 and we may end up with out being appreci8d, I'm sure you can rel8. We can cre8 b8 like alexander the gr8, stretch posts longer than the Nile's str8s. We'll be the captains of b8, 4chan our first m8s the growth r8 will spread to reddit and like real est8 and be a flow r8 of gr8 b8, like a blind d8 we'll coll8, meet me upst8 where we can convers8, or ice sk8 or lose w8 infl8 our hot air baloons and fly, tail g8. We could land in Kuw8, eat a soup pl8 followed by a dessert pl8 the payment r8 won't be too ir8 and hopefully our currency won't defl8, all in the name of making gr8 b8 m8.
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 05-02-2017 at 10:31 PM.

1. The new belt is on. Here was the old one.

Update.

Ohhhhh, that's why.

Question: Can I put a matched pair of 195/60R15 on the front? I'm doing my best to get them all within that range on tread.

He probably destroyed it already.......

You took it to a BMW and Merc shop..... this is surprising why?
      1. Did not. It actually runs ok. This tire was changed yesterday.

2. Because Europe cars and specialty work, sir. Better than a Honda place..

Hey. Sorry for consecutive posting? But the very latest is this:

1. The car runs, and drives, and runs well. Starts fine, too. A 98 with a little over 160k on the odo.

2. The new belt is on, I have pic and vid of both.

3. As if from a broken dipstick and a slightly rounded bolt I want to change, oil is changed. Ended up being 5W-40.

4. The tire went flat two days ago. I'm the one that mentioned changing both on the axle. I see now it has to be all 4. Now, I look for two new tires.

If I can do that today, ? then less wear on that system.

That's where I am presently at. I gifted a car.

Looking into getting all 4 right now.

We are at a tire place.

I thought it was only youngsters like me that knew of memes!
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast