Please, Swedespeed, be a pal, and help me get my GF's 98 V70 XC CEL off! - Page 7
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post

I'm no genie, but is there a new windshield in your possible future?
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      I'm no genie, but is there a new windshield in your possible future?
      There is. My "large check" comes tomorrow.

Between the new windshield I SHOULD get (it keeps getting pushed back,) the new water pump my present non-Volvo ride needs (*tongue-in-cheek. Sounds like it's got marbles in it when running, not coming from motor. Water pump bearing the too-busy guy at Azevedo says) and the set of 4 tires, going to go with one or the other, and the tune-up parts for the Volvo tomorrow, it's about 1/2 to 3/4 gone already. Yay.

By the way.. $95 set on top and I get to gas up my ride that needs the windshield (that's the only problem with it, by the way,) and go on a roadtrip to Woodstock NY to go get them... Or, not get gas in my present non-Volvo ride, spend $20 more than those tires plus the tank of gas, and get the Goodyears. Which one? (*because hopefully then the Volvo traction control will be happy.)

These, $95 plus gas to go get...

vs these. Local.

Both P205/60R15

***almost forgot: The less-expensive set INCLUDE the Subaru Impreza rims. Now, I wonder if on the off-chance an Impreza bolt pattern is the same on a Volvo. ?

***almost forgot: The less-expensive set INCLUDE the Subaru Impreza rims. Now, I wonder if on the off-chance an Impreza bolt pattern is the same on a Volvo. ?
      It isn't - Google is your friend for stuff like this
      Last edited by sventastic; 05-17-2017 at 02:25 PM.
      1996 850R 234k
      1998 S70 T5 SE 259k

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      It isn't - Google is your friend for stuff like this
      Well! And I was just about to check that out.

I'm *almost* inclined to go with the local ones. They have so much more tread.

I'm *almost* inclined to go with the local ones. They have so much more tread.
      I was going to say the same, they look much newer than the Impreza tires anyways

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
      1996 850R 234k
      1998 S70 T5 SE 259k

Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      I was going to say the same, they look much newer than the Impreza tires anyways

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk
      I think these will win out. And I don't have to drive to "Woodstock, NY." So. No visiting Woodstock, but.. Hey, honestly, that was waaaay before my time, always has been. No big deal.

**the tread on these should be matched. This would leave: 1. Getting the tune-up parts, 2. Putting them on or getting someone to put them on, and then 3. I can do another ATF drain and fill. Then for the smoke machine on the EVAP codes and should be ok........**

So! Is this really all I need to do to get rid of AWD? It seems to be a 98 ? like mines.. and like a half hour..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISasY0704Mc

So! Is this really all I need to do to get rid of AWD? It seems to be a 98 ? like mines.. and like a half hour..

Yes you're basically removing the driveshaft to the rear...it's not dropping the trans....I cannot wait to see this thing blow up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current: 2002 V70 Base N/A M56 161k (Straight pipe, short shift kit) 1988 745T AW-71L 249k (BC coilovers, Hydras, eBay MBC @13psi, 2.5" Catless exhaust **for sale**)
      Past: 2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman R55 Getrag 6 Speed (Stock) 1997 855 T5 Auto 300k
      IG: psychocross_v70

Quote Originally Posted by wagonfan00 View Post
      Yes you're basically removing the driveshaft to the rear...it's not dropping the trans....I cannot wait to see this thing blow up

Whoa. That's where we're at??

The latest update I have is... Sure enough, the day I am supposed to go get the matched set (better than what is on there) of P205/60R15.. My non-Volvo Water Pump seizes up, and takes the belt with it. Now I'm scurrying to get a new one on.. I don't have the focus to do that myself. Plus, there is water (coolant) involved. Good thing the water pump on that one is cheap.

Plus, Faith is having some kind of major attitude again, so, looks like the tune-up gets postponed.. ONCE AGAIN.

I personally think that the system will survive the two new tires on the rear and two old on the front OF THE SAME TIRE SIZE... and once a tune-up is done, the EVAP codes will remain, inconclusive on the MAF code.. and that this Volvo will NOT blow up (Thanks for the vote of confidence, man. With Christ I can do all things...) and that will be.. at some unknown point in the future.

I might move, too. And switch jobs.

Oh! And.. Happy Birthday, Joseph. Three weeks from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by wagonfan00 View Post

So. Basically, removing the driveshaft can't hurt.. Especially not in the SUMMER. ?

What I am asking is that IF I ever get to do what it shows in the video (doubtful.) if that's all that needs to be done.. Sounds like that answer was a "Yes!"

So one more XC is ruined by this "person".
      A T-belt job costs more than the car is worth (and that's if the motor wasn't damaged, (50/50 here), so this one will be down for a very long time, perhaps forever, and for the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) time he's ruined a P80 V70XC and (hopefully) we won't hear from him anymore.
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

You should just get a scooter. I could see you on a scooter.

06 Sonic/Nordkap MT SR with 18" Anthracite Pegs |63K Miles

00 Laser/Charcoal 2 Tone AT VR 16" Anthracite Satellites/ 17" Pegs |201K Miles

99 S70 N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
      A T-belt job costs more than the car is worth (and that's if the motor wasn't damaged, (50/50 here), so this one will be down for a very long time, perhaps forever, and for the 3rd (or is it the 4th?) time he's ruined a P80 V70XC and (hopefully) we won't hear from him anymore.
      It's the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlueR View Post

What kind? Like an engine powered one or a kick powered one?

It has to be a Volvo All-Wheel Drive Turbo Scooter with sunroof and leather.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
      The problem is, THIS CAR IS STILL FINE.

Anyone else. Get it all out of your system...

I can't find my debit card.

I sure hope it is at this gas station.

Let's go see...

^^ before I go on this long-ass walk.. Why not.

"How on earth do you get a job...."

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      It's the 4th

What kind? Like an engine powered one or a kick powered one?
      I'm gonna be in Boston tomorrow! **IF I CAN FIND MY DAMN DEBIT CARD.

I see your in Boston.. Know where Massachusetts Ave and Melnea Cass is?

**Now. Again with this scooter... It has to be a Volvo All-Wheel Drive Turbo Scooter with sunroof and leather.

Volvo still runs, it's with the moody GF.

Now... Nah, this really isn't my thing. It's only got two wheels!

Let's pray this debit card is there....

"At 14, he got a job at a woodyard so he could drive the trucks.
      Now all he does, all day..."

^^^ OK... Later. Gotta go to this gas station, to get this debit card, which SHOULD be there, which makes sense, since It may neevr have gotten back into my wallet before I put the $35.55 of gas in my other car, which does in fact have a seized up water pump - and actually is repaired.. just gotta pay now. $160 parts Water Pump, Tensioner, Thermostast, Thermostat seal, 2 gallons Antifreeze, Belt.. $100 labor. They are waiting on me, so.. bye now...

please don't come back.

99 S70 N/A

Dude give it a rest!

The debit card was at the gas station.

They sent the wrong water pump on non-Volvo.

Almost done...

please don't come back.

Normally, I'd insult you.. but you're cool in person, and the blue on your car really is pretty, so.. I won't reciprocate the negativity.

If it makes you feel better, the pizza oil at the bar got me pretty good. That burn is still healing up.

Dude you have some mental issues. Anyway, where the hell are the tires? It's Friday. And I use all Ardex products. Never had to degrease the engine. Always enthusiast owned and taken care of.

Thanks. And yes, I'm pretty frustrated this tire thing keeps not happening.

I do plan on getting them, and the parts. It will happen at some point. It may get caught up in life, yet again. But it will happen...

Jared! I just got to Boston. Where ya at, man?

JaredR is this yours?

Oh no bruh everyone's at Carlisle lol

Also why the heck are you on Mass Ave, are you going towards Roxbury or something? Careful around those parts you don't wanna get shot at

This isn't about your car anymore....take it to a real mechanic and stop destroying these cars for your enjoyment. We've all given good advice and you have refused to pay heed to any of our advice. This has turned into you bull****ting about and probably posting here since you can't go out in public for some reason we're unaware of

Current: 2002 V70 Base N/A M56 161k (Straight pipe, short shift kit) 1988 745T AW-71L 249k (BC coilovers, Hydras, eBay MBC @13psi, 2.5" Catless exhaust **for sale**)
      Past: 2008 Mini Cooper S Clubman R55 Getrag 6 Speed (Stock) 1997 855 T5 Auto 300k
      IG: psychocross_v70

Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      I WISH I COULD GO TO CARLISLE... But I don't have a turbo or manual so my car isn't interesting lol
      In the Garage
      Xena / 2006 XC90 V8 AWD, Onyx + Oak / Video System / 151,6xx /
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / SC-816 / 97,6xx /

Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post

Also why the heck are you on Mass Ave, are you going towards Roxbury or something? Careful around those parts you don't wanna get shot at
      Quote Originally Posted by CYB3RBYTE View Post
      I WISH I COULD GO TO CARLISLE... But I don't have a turbo or manual so my car isn't interesting lol
      Yeah, was definitely wondering why that Porsche (Turbo?) was on Mass Ave, I know that's Roxbury. Shelter (112 Southampton) is right across the street. I parked there in my non-Volvo, for my appointment. The video of such is on my Youtube channel. Shootings? yeah, that's possible.. More or less just have to avoid The Walking Dead drug addicts. It's "like" a Skid Row, just not as bad as L.A., or The Soloist (Jamie Foxx) rendition of such, LAMP center in El Lay.

I also don't know Carlisle.. but. I'm still in Boston on the regular, (at least for now?) so...

Now. Update on the Volvo. This car wouldn't start yesterday! So. Sometime in the next few hours, I get to go out there and make a service call. I can check the voltage in a few seconds.. Complaint is "Radio works and lights work but car won't start." So, seeing as to how it's been hot, I'm thinking low battery. I have a CTEK charger, so maybe that will be put to use. I'll check the oil too. I AM BROKE SO TUNE-UP STUFF GOT PUSHED BACK, ONCE AGAIN. TIRE THING? THIS? THAT? Well.. IT STILL RUNS, and I have a sinking feeling her and I may trade cars. Don't know yet. But hers has tinted windows.. which attracts more police attention. I really don't know. May stay as is. But, hey. Progress.

... What is "Carlisle?"

NO moron...

https://www.facebook.com/CarlisleImportAndPerformance/

Now that you have DESTROYED your 4th XC, PLEASE LEAVE SS AND DO NOT COME BACK
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

I don't know why a mod hasn't deleted this. I've been saying to for like 2 weeks lol.

99 S70 N/A

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast