MY2018 changeover.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

MY2018 changeover.

Hi all. My car is being delivered on the 11th of this month and I'm trying to ascertain if I'm getting a MY2018 version. There are a couple of minor updates. Looking on MyVolvo I can see that it was built around the 14th of April. Just wondered if anyone knows when MY2018 production started. I'll try the dealer next week! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyholloway View Post
      Hi all. My car is being delivered on the 11th of this month and I'm trying to ascertain if I'm getting a MY2018 version. There are a couple of minor updates. Looking on MyVolvo I can see that it was built around the 14th of April. Just wondered if anyone knows when MY2018 production started. I'll try the dealer next week! Cheers

Your S90 should be a MY17.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Most of the automotive lines should still be producing 2017 models until june/july where they may break for a week & start up the 2018 production.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by walt2810 View Post
      Most of the automotive lines should still be producing 2017 models until june/july where they may break for a week & start up the 2018 production.
      The Volvo factories do shut down for 5 weeks (July through early August).
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

My V90 R-Design is schedule to enter production week of June 23rd, and I am told it will be a 2018 model year.

Quote Originally Posted by walt2810 View Post

Thanks chaps.

Volvo allways changes the model year around week 20, unaffected from the summer holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by TomOldi View Post
      Volvo allways changes the model year around week 20, unaffected from the summer holidays.
      We take delivery of our OSD V90 CC in July, end of August here. We were told it's a 2017, but it seems to be pushing the barrier a bit...

All 2017 S90s are made in Sweden. All 2018 S90s are to be made in China, right? What does a summer shut-down in Sweden have anything exactly to do with the beginning of production in China?

I thought the China plant was a new facility, designed purposely to produce the S90L. It makes no sense to me that a new facility would have a "traditional" summer shut down at the beginning of their product launch...
      Last edited by PhaetonTim; 05-03-2017 at 02:49 PM.
      2017 S90 T6 AWD Inscription w/Polestar (my 1st Volvo)/ Black Onyx/Amber; Climate; HUD; Convenience; Vision; 20" Wheels; Metallic Paint; Spoiler; Polestar;
      2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid;
      2004 VW Phaeton V8 (soon to be sold)

S90 has OSD! But, you don't get to accept your car in Sweden. It gets shipped to your dealer. Weird. For the life of me, I cannot fathom why they would still give your 2 tickets, and hotel and factory tour... Because you don't get your own car, they will loan you a car for 7 days. Or, you can opt for 3 additional paid nights in Gothenburg. I like this. If you go when the factory is closed (and the weather is great, you can take the Experience Center Tour. Lunch included!
      Last edited by PhaetonTim; 05-19-2017 at 09:31 AM.
      2017 S90 T6 AWD Inscription w/Polestar (my 1st Volvo)/ Black Onyx/Amber; Climate; HUD; Convenience; Vision; 20" Wheels; Metallic Paint; Spoiler; Polestar;
      2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid;
      2004 VW Phaeton V8 (soon to be sold)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaetonTim View Post
      What does a summer shut-down in Sweden have anything exactly to do with the beginning of production in China?
      No relation at all,
      the MY 2018 S90L Chinese production line already started without affecting the existing MY 2017 S90 production line.
      Probably a switch over to some new model, maybe 60s ???
      2016 Volvo XC90 Osmium Grey
      2002 Saab 9-5 Arc 3.0t

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements