Blond Interior?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Blond Interior?

Question Blond Interior?

Right at the point of deciding on a new S90. I like the look of the Blond Interior. Anyone have experience with it? Good? Bad/ Is the leather staying clean?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

OOps! I just found a thread on this below. I've got my answer, I think!

Blonde interior

I let my wife pick the color of my S90 and she picked Mussel Blue and Blonde. I've got about 2K miles on it and so far so good. I bought Griot's 3-in-1 leather cleaner/conditioner/sealant and treated all of the leather surfaces with it. The Griot's doesn't cause a shiny appearance, nor does it make it slippery. Time will tell how effective the sealant component of the treatment is.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've never understood the fascination of the blonde interior. It requires too much maintenance to keep it looking good and it goes to complete hell after some Minor neglect. It seems like you have to clean it after you wear blue jeans once or twice.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

Blue Jeans

Like I said above, I didn't have a fascination with the blonde interior, but it was the color my wife liked best. I wear blue jeans nearly every day and 2,200 miles into it, with one use of Griot's, I haven't seen any signs of dye transfer. For the record, if single, I would have gone with the black interior.

Our V90 on order is denim blue exterior, blond interior. The light interior makes the car seem bigger and more open, we thought. Plus it was my wife's choice and one is always advised to keep that one happy. I hope the exterior color doesn't 'rub off' on the interior somehow . Seriously, I combed through all the threads on blond interior problems and there is no clear consensus on the how easily the blond gets discolored. Some have thousands of miles with no problem and others seem to sit in it once with jeans and see discoloration. I guess we'll see.

our first xc70 had beige interior.....loved the look when new, the kids trashed it, looked like crap later.....we've been doing black interiors ever since on our Volvos......well, my TT has light gray seats, but I don't let anyone under 21 in the car.
      Present rides:
      13 Volvo XC70 T6 w/ Platinum, Climate, BLIS (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by sawitt View Post
      Our V90 on order is denim blue exterior, blond interior. The light interior makes the car seem bigger and more open, we thought. Plus it was my wife's choice and one is always advised to keep that one happy. I hope the exterior color doesn't 'rub off' on the interior somehow . Seriously, I combed through all the threads on blond interior problems and there is no clear consensus on the how easily the blond gets discolored. Some have thousands of miles with no problem and others seem to sit in it once with jeans and see discoloration. I guess we'll see.
      We just ordered a V90 (5/2/17) with the Denim Blue Metallic exterior and the Charcoal interior, with Dark Flame Inlays, and even the Charcoal headliner. Both my spouse and I love the Blond and the Amber seats, but I always wear black jeans and my last car with light colored leather did begin to look dark on the driver's seat after a year or so. I'm not one to spend a lot of time cleaning the seats, so the new car ended up with charcoal seats.

We almost ordered the "Maroon Brown" leather after seeing some NY Auto Show photos posted on Swedespeed (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...aroon-Interior), but at the last moment we decided to just stick with black. After all, we're taking a chance on the Denim Blue Metallic, having not yet viewed it in real life!
      Last edited by Mr Timewise; 05-03-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Yeah, its pretty crazy, I've never bought a car with this many unknowns before. I was eating lunch today with a couple of close friends that I hadn't told about the V90 order. They rolled their eyes when I explained that I'd ordered a car that I hadn't driven in an exterior color that I hadn't seen in person. We're all engineers and its just not the way we usually do things.

We really liked the blond interior when we test drove an S90, it looks so open and airy. But when I saw the comments about how it needs a lot of maintenance I told her we should get the charcoal. So we came very close to ordering the charcoal but at the last minute she said we should give the blond a try (she really liked it), so what the heck, hopefully we'll like it. I have a mid-90's 911 with gray leather and its done OK. Our kids are just getting out of college so we don't have any little ones to haul around. I had an Acura Integra with beige fabric interior when they were in elementary school and the back seat was stained pretty bad by whatever went on back there.

The fascination with a lighter interior is that it is open, airy and inviting. My wife and I have no regrets having - 15 months.

Personally, I don't think it requires anymore maintenance than amber or even charcoal for that matter. Certainly, any dye transfer is in your face more so with blonde than charcoal. However, blonde tells you to clean it and take care of it. Charcoal allows cleaning to be ignored for longer periods of time. Over time, they will both wear no matter what. To protect mine when wearing blue jeans, I will place a light "flour sack" or tea cloth over the seat.

Just my two cents...
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al | TSU installed May 16, 2017

I've had the equivalent to the blond interior (as opposed to the much preferred blond in the car) in my Touareg for five years, and I wouldn't worry about it. Sure it needs cleaning maybe a bit more than the dark colors, but it always has cleaned out just fine, and it's worth it to me for the more open feeling and cooler interior in the summers. Added bonus if you have dogs with light colored fur like mine. I'm not a big fan of dark interiors. Find them depressing and too hot in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Timewise View Post
      We just ordered a V90 (5/2/17) with the Denim Blue Metallic exterior and the Charcoal interior, with Dark Flame Inlays, and even the Charcoal [Black] headliner. ...We almost ordered the "Maroon Brown" leather...
      OK...we changed our order two days after it was initially placed...

Now we're getting the car color in Onyx Black Metallic and the interior in Maroon Brown with Dark Flame Inlays and the Black headliner. I wanted to go for a Stealth/Executive look inside.

Although slightly off topic: The February 8, 2017, OSD "V90 MC31 Tourist" ordering form allowed us to order the V90 with both a sport steering wheel with paddle shifters (order codes 000873 + 000489 (USD$200)) as well as being heated (order code 000869 (USD$300). Volvo accepted the order, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the car is delivered as requested. We also ordered the 5mm thick aluminum under engine "Protective plate" (order code A00230 (USD$395)).
      Last edited by Mr Timewise; 05-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.

I had a loaner T6 Inscription with blond interior. I could see the scuff marks near the bottom door and some marks on the seat bolsters. Beautiful interior, just needs more frequent TLC.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      3/2017 Savile Grey T6 Momentum
      95 E36 M3
      Gone QX60, 2013 Pathfinder, 94 Supra TT 6Speed, 94 Supra TT Auto

Blond Interior?

The blond interior is eye catching in person, very classy. But with kids i think it will take work to keep it looking classy. If adult only then no issue to keep it looking good!!! Enjoy the blond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements