Non-Affiliated Finds and Craigslist Cars - May 2017 - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      Why couldn't they have made these with a T6? Connor's (CMOD_R) S60 T6 is a beast.
      Obviously so that Prolix would have something to do .

Also went up to Sanel this afternoon since they were the only place I called that seemed confident in their ability to do the job and one of only two who were not rude. The guy there was great; I was in and out with custom mixed paint that looks like it's going to be a perfect match in about 30 minutes and he didn't complain that I walked in at like 4:40 either. Turns out that the Manchester store is the only one (or at least the only one in this area) that does custom matched colors but even going there was 10/10 worth the drive. I'll be going back to them when it's time to paint the bumper and wing on my R. Thanks for the recommendation!
      Last edited by JaredR; 05-02-2017 at 09:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      I've been thinking more and more about doing this swap with Prolix...Either the T6 or the V8. Tough call.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

2007 XC90 V8 AWD Willow/Taupe 139k - $8985

http://www.volvooakpark.com/used/Vol...c9c299dbde.htm
      Current - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic 186k
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)
      A set of silver Volans in search of a Laser Blue V70R.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Agree!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      Sorry, Ian. Still not as well dressed as Ms. r0x4nn3.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

I'd think the v8. I want one!
      Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      I've been thinking more and more about doing this swap with Prolix...Either the T6 or the V8. Tough call.
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I'd think the v8. I want one!
      It's a tough call. On one hand, the T6 is more powerful, more tune-able, a more direct swap and potentially less prone to leaking oil. On the other hand, you don't get many chances to create a V8 estate. The T6 is more true to the idea of creating what the P3R could have been. The V8 is more of a concept car. T6 engines are likely easier to come by, while good V8's are rare and desirable, therefore more expensive.

I wonder what the weight difference is between the two engines.

Ok, I've broken down and finally created a thread for this idea:
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...Been&p=5334153
      Let's make it a reality!
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement

Nice, I'll gladly follow that P3R dream through you guys. Cant wait to see the outcome

New one popped up in sfbay:
      2006 Volvo S60 "Type-R" AT Grey/Black 137k with a steep price tag of $11950 :-o
      http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6114712771.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The daily traffic ninja: 2009 C30 T5R - Black/Black AW55 - 104k| Elevate intake | Magnaflow exhaust | Eibach springs & Billstein HD shocks

2007 S80 V8 AWD Silver/Black 117k - $7499

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/6088214290.html

Has BLIS, collision avoidance, or whatever option that has the little square thing in the grill.
      Last edited by Chicago_Wagon; 05-03-2017 at 10:58 AM.
      Current - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic 186k
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)
      A set of silver Volans in search of a Laser Blue V70R.

Is it just me, or is it 'raining' SRs out there right now? Really seems that there a lot of them out on the market currently. It's nuts.
      R lust
      Desperately seeking a V70R

Quote Originally Posted by 3man View Post
      Is it just me, or is it 'raining' SRs out there right now? Really seems that there a lot of them out on the market currently. It's nuts.
      Somebody definitely shook the SR tree. Could be, crossing that threshold of the 10/13-yr-old, 140-200K-mile mandatory repair challenges are making the owners do some soul-searching.
      But you don't see a similar shakeout in the the VR population. Dunno, really.
      Barry
      2007 V70R GT, Electric Silver / Nordkap
      2012 XC70 T6,CPO, Black Sapphire/Off-Black, Premier Plus, Climate, Polestar
      2000 V70R, Venetian Red / Two-Tone, with generally working headlight wipers!
      "It's a dirty story 'bout a Volvo man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand..."

2000 V70XC auto, 96K, Gray/Charcoal, Tacoma, WA

Low-mile XC that looks pretty darn good, if the passenger side of the car that isn't shown isn't wiped out.

http://www.sabetimotors.com/en_us/unitDetail.asp?used-2000-volvo-v70xc-tacoma-wa=609873
      Barry
      "It's a dirty story 'bout a Volvo man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand..."

Right! Really keep hoping for more to drop from the VR tree, but there seems to be a sustaining drought from their indigenous area.
      R lust

Really odd that they didn't show it...
      Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
      Low-mile XC that looks pretty darn good, if the passenger side of the car that isn't shown isn't wiped out.
      http://www.sabetimotors.com/en_us/unitDetail.asp?used-2000-volvo-v70xc-tacoma-wa=609873

S
      That's because the VR is much cooler than the SR.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.

Also went up to Sanel this afternoon since they were the only place I called that seemed confident in their ability to do the job and one of only two who were not rude. The guy there was great; I was in and out with custom mixed paint that looks like it's going to be a perfect match in about 30 minutes and he didn't complain that I walked in at like 4:40 either. Turns out that the Manchester store is the only one (or at least the only one in this area) that does custom matched colors but even going there was 10/10 worth the drive. I'll be going back to them when it's time to paint the bumper and wing on my R. Thanks for the recommendation!

I'll have to ask my local guy if they are able to match or not.

Awesome.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.

Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      That's because the VR is much cooler than the SR.
      Let's keep that a secret, I don't want anybody else to find out.
      R lust

Here on SS, it's too late.
      Let's keep that a secret, I don't want anybody else to find out.

Here on SS, it's too late.
      Hehehehe... Today I found one of the rarest VRs in existence... A Cosmos/Atacama M66 VR...
      Exponents kill
      Elsa my 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap >π Miles
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      Hehehehe... Today I found one of the rarest VRs in existence... A Cosmos/Atacama M66 VR...
      Atacama?! I don't care what the exterior is whenever Atacama is mentioned! Keeping it for yourself? If you are, share with us once you have it otherwise please let me know where to find this amazing manual!
      R lust

Here in the USA? I thought that was Canada/Euro only color...
      Do tell!

Atacama?! I don't care what the exterior is whenever Atacama is mentioned! Keeping it for yourself? If you are, share with us once you have it otherwise please let me know where to find this amazing manual!
      It's in Canada. If I had 5k in the bank I'd already be on a plane lol (not even kidding)... One of you buy it and if you want to sell it in a year hit me up... This is actually the second Cosmos VR I have found... the first one was an 04 GT last year.

2004 V70R Cosmos Blue/Atacama M66 (290k km) 180k miles, ($7000 CAD) $5.2k
      http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/g...ationFlag=true
      Exponents kill
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

Wow. Fire sale! I can't get to the link if it's out of the USA (long story here at work). I'll check it out from home.
      It's in Canada. If I had 5k in the bank I'd already be on a plane lol (not even kidding)... One of you buy it and if you want to sell it in a year hit me up... This is actually the second Cosmos VR I have found... the first one was an 04 GT last year.

Wow. Fire sale! I can't get to the link if it's out of the USA (long story here at work). I'll check it out from home.
      It's a thing of beauty... I really need to make some of that engineering salary promised next year so I can go blow it on a few VRs... I want all the colors of the VRainbow (except Gobi and Sapphire)...
      Exponents kill

Wow, I have no use for that, but boy do I want to go scoop it up... It's good I'm busy next week. lol

4k + quotes on getting -4C brought back to the broken to begin with OEM state is going to create lots of bargains if you are willing and able...

Somebody definitely shook the SR tree. Could be, crossing that threshold of the 10/13-yr-old, 140-200K-mile mandatory repair challenges are making the owners do some soul-searching.
      late 2007 V70R GT, Electric Silver, Nord, - 4C delete with Bilies on stock springs- adjustable rear spring perches 123,xxx
      1995 Olive Green T5-R 855, 220K, everything works except headlight wipers!

Quote Originally Posted by shaun View Post
      4k + quotes on getting -4C brought back to the broken to begin with OEM state is going to create lots of bargains if you are willing and able...
      Especially since actually fixing it is closer to 1500 total DIY...
      Exponents kill

Man, Canada has some real gems. I've pursued an amazing one in Calgary, but with it being an import and all of the logistics involved, someone local to the guy snapped it up before I could get it locked in. Considering the miles, this one seems pretty reasonable. But what's up with the lack of pics, is there an online tax for posting pics in Canada?!
      R lust

2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design - Cosmic White/Beige Two-Tone - 60,917 - ??? (Well Equipped)
      http://www.metropolitanford.com/used...earchDepth=4:4
      https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...902DZ2C2297211

New replacements for the S60R are plentiful. Not so for the V70R. There is little to go to if you want a performance estate, and truly nothing if you want a manual performance estate. V70R owners, especially with M66, are holding because they essentially have no choice if that car provides the experience they want.

I'm having a tough time buying into this one. It's different, yeah, if that's all anybody's looking for. But the color itself is kinda *meh*. I think either Sonic or MB is a much better color. And this little fella looks like he's had the Great White North beatdown put on him.
      No mention of service history, which I normally don't get too wound up about, but someone would have to have worked overtime on maintenance to keep up with that environment. The front seats look kinda hammered, even in those little pics. And RUST . Icky poo. Just not feelin' it.
      Barry

So what's my ROI going to be if I flip this to you in a year?

Also what about this one?

I'm having a tough time buying into this one. It's different, yeah, if that's all anybody's looking for. But the color itself is kinda *meh*. I think either Sonic or MB is a much better color. And this little fella looks like he's had the Great White North beatdown put on him.
      No mention of service history, which I normally don't get too wound up about, but someone would have to have worked overtime on maintenance to keep up with that environment. The front seats look kinda hammered, even in those little pics. And RUST . Icky poo. Just not feelin' it.
      Oh, they added photos. Wow, you're not kidding...Rough!

New replacements for the S60R are plentiful. Not so for the V70R. There is little to go to if you want a performance estate, and truly nothing if you want a manual performance estate. V70R owners, especially with M66, are holding because they essentially have no choice if that car provides the experience they want.
      Yeah, good point. I suppose that's why Audi has such a market for their wagons, at least in my area for those that are anti-Subaru. As tempting as some of them seem, I am never convinced Audi is ever a good decision, not to mention I feel the VR's styling is superior. VRs have known issues, but Audi has many 'special' and expensive gremlins.
      R lust

So what's my ROI going to be if I flip this to you in a year?
      Also what about this one?
      I've always been about 98% sure that R is Magic Blue...

Now that he posted more photos and there is rust I'm not ever gonna be interested! VOLVOs DO NOT RUST (ok my R has a few specs from rock hits noone bothered to fing paint but still).
      Exponents kill

I've always been about 98% sure that R is Magic Blue...

Now that he posted more photos and there is rust I'm not ever gonna be interested! VOLVOs DO NOT RUST (ok my R has a few specs from rock hits noone bothered to fing paint but still).
      I'm not convinced this is anything serious without seeing pictures of the bottom.....although I certainly wouldn't buy it without seeing pictures of the bottom at this point, either. My dad's '99 had a spot quite a lot like this on one of the wheel arches when he bought it. It is still there and it isn't growing. The bottom of that car is fine.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast