Non-Affiliated Finds and Craigslist Cars - May 2017 - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
      I'm having a tough time buying into this one. It's different, yeah, if that's all anybody's looking for. But the color itself is kinda *meh*. I think either Sonic or MB is a much better color. And this little fella looks like he's had the Great White North beatdown put on him.
      No mention of service history, which I normally don't get too wound up about, but someone would have to have worked overtime on maintenance to keep up with that environment. The front seats look kinda hammered, even in those little pics. And RUST . Icky poo. Just not feelin' it.
      Second. This thing is a 180k MI trash heap. Cute color though? is Canadian rust any better than #MAGA rust? No third row, no booster seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      Second. This thing is a 180k MI trash heap. Cute color though? is Canadian rust any better than #MAGA rust? No third row, no booster seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Lol........ but third row = dangerous, get rid of it and boosters = extremely uncomfortable, get rid of it. By that logic, two pluses and one minus = winner?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Lol........ but third row = dangerous, get rid of it and boosters = extremely uncomfortable, get rid of it. By that logic, two pluses and one minus = winner?
      I have to disagree. Third row itself is not dangerous unless it undermines the car structurally. If not, then just don't use it as intended if that is the issue. As these cars become more and more rare, something like a third row only adds to the rarity/value of the vehicle. If I obtain a VR with third row, I imagine it may come in handy hanging when car camping or maybe tail-gating. I won't trip over myself trying to find one, but don't see it as a negative in the least.
      Booster seats on the other hand are no one's friend.
      R lust
      Desperately seeking a V70R

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 3man View Post
      I have to disagree. Third row itself is not dangerous unless it undermines the car structurally. If not, then just don't use it as intended if that is the issue. As these cars become more and more rare, something like a third row only adds to the rarity/value of the vehicle. If I obtain a VR with third row, I imagine it may come in handy hanging when car camping or maybe tail-gating. I won't trip over myself trying to find one, but don't see it as a negative in the least.
      Booster seats on the other hand are no one's friend.
      Hey now, I got 3 little kiddos. Booster seats are my friend! Are they so terribly annoying to use on the VR's? (granted, installing the isofix boosters is pretty easy these days).
      And agree, 3rd row is never a bad option to have. I guess it adds a little weight for the folding mechanism+seats.
      2009 C30 T5 RD - Black/Black AW55 - 104k | Elevate intake | Magnaflow exhaust | Eibach springs & Billstein HD shocks

Quote Originally Posted by wouterlucas View Post
      Hey now, I got 3 little kiddos. Booster seats are my friend! Are they so terribly annoying to use on the VR's? (granted, installing the isofix boosters is pretty easy these days).
      And agree, 3rd row is never a bad option to have. I guess it adds a little weight for the folding mechanism+seats.
      Well my thought with the booster seats is that being small is temporary and having the booster seats is permanent, unless you change out the seats. So if I had little kids, I'd opt for some temporary solution instead of a permanent one. To exaggerate my point, who wants a built-in child's seat in a car?

BUT, if I do find one with a third row, I am going to take my niece and nephew for a ride through the hills of Park City! Sometimes living-in-a-bubble safety yields to fun.
      Last edited by 3man; 05-04-2017 at 01:01 PM.
      R lust

Yeah, good point. I suppose that's why Audi has such a market for their wagons, at least in my area for those that are anti-Subaru. As tempting as some of them seem, I am never convinced Audi is ever a good decision, not to mention I feel the VR's styling is superior. VRs have known issues, but Audi has many 'special' and expensive gremlins.
      +Eleventy-million
      Audi is one brand I would not own without a warranty. I've heard too many nightmare-ish repair stories.
      Barry
      2007 V70R GT, Electric Silver / Nordkap
      2012 XC70 T6,CPO, Black Sapphire/Off-Black, Premier Plus, Climate, Polestar
      2000 V70R, Venetian Red / Two-Tone, with generally working headlight wipers!
      "It's a dirty story 'bout a Volvo man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand..."

Haha does anyone want my third-row? You can have it, I won't be having kiddos for a while. I have too much crap in my car right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      Sorry, Ian. Still not as well dressed as Ms. r0x4nn3.
      I always dress to impress. And by "impress", I mean I like to schlep around in college sweatpants and a band tee in some sperrys.
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 05-04-2017 at 01:10 PM.
      Join the Fun! 1996 855 Turbo Estate "風雪丸", "Fusetsumaru" - Polar White/Dark Gray - 150k (est.)
      RIP: 2002 V70 XC AWD - Champagne
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Preeeetty sure (maybe even 99.4%) that is Magic. And that just points up what a chameleon color MB is.
      BTW, somebody here bought that. Don't know if he's around here anymore, he might post in the "R" forum. Right after I passed on it, he contacted me for info and I asked the owner (really nice lady) if she'd mind if I forwarded her pics and info. Long story short(er), he bought it and it turned out to be a good car for him.
      It was an '05, true, but it was in decent shape, and I sometimes think it might have been the MT that got away from me...

Also what about this one?
      Barry
      2007 V70R GT, Electric Silver / Nordkap
      2012 XC70 T6,CPO, Black Sapphire/Off-Black, Premier Plus, Climate, Polestar
      2000 V70R, Venetian Red / Two-Tone, with generally working headlight wipers!
      "It's a dirty story 'bout a Volvo man, and his clinging wife doesn't understand..."

But remember, if you have third row, you don't have the subwoofer. Which is more important? I vote subwoofer!
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      But remember, if you have third row, you don't have the subwoofer. Which is more important? I vote subwoofer!
      Good point!
      New option - subwoofer built into the third row seat! Voice-over for an SNL fake commercial - "If spirited driving while facing backwards doesn't scare it out of them, the powerful low frequencies will."
      Last edited by 3man; 05-04-2017 at 04:06 PM.
      R lust

Quote Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
      +Eleventy-million
      Audi is one brand I would not own without a warranty. I've heard too many nightmare-ish repair stories.
      Never had any problems with mine. Just regular maintenance items.
      05 VR FG Gobi MT

Well my thought with the booster seats is that being small is temporary and having the booster seats is permanent, unless you change out the seats. So if I had little kids, I'd opt for some temporary solution instead of a permanent one. To exaggerate my point, who wants a built-in child's seat in a car?

BUT, if I do find one with a third row, I am going to take my niece and nephew for a ride through the hills of Park City! Sometimes living-in-a-bubble safety yields to fun.
      Well, I can think of a situation of where its nice to have. I drive around with 2 car seats almost permanently installed (yeah I know in a bloody C30, I need moar wagon in my life). I drop them off at school on my way to work. However every time me and my colleagues go "lets go some place have lunch". I'm like yeah, though I cant drive because I got 2 seats in the back and taking them out for a 5 min drive back and forth is not worth it. I can imagine popping the seats down so you can use them as regular seats is a little easier (assuming its easy).

Though its kinda nice to have an excuse not to park in these ****ty restaurant-fully-packed-with-hungry-people parking lots
      2009 C30 T5 RD - Black/Black AW55 - 104k | Elevate intake | Magnaflow exhaust | Eibach springs & Billstein HD shocks

2002 V70 T5 170k RTI/Hilton Stage 1/336mm brakes/Bilstein B8s/H&R springs
      2002 V70 NA 250k HU-803/T5 suspension
      2006 Mini Cooper S, 6-speed, 70k 15% pulley, JCW exhaust/intake/suspension

Dude... you have some nice rides! An s8 AND a flash vr mt??
      Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 05-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Please don't.

I am continually amazed that people want these given how unsafe they are, and even more amazed that Volvo was willing to include such an unsafe feature in their cars. You don't need to undermine the car structurally there; that's the crumple zone so they already did that for you. Saying these are cool is like saying food in cans sealed with lead solder is cool because it's rare/vintage .

If you have a 3rd row, do yourself the favor of getting rid of it now so you are never able to be even tempted to use it.

2000 S70 GLT SE. Looks clean, has an oil leak. 156k. $500!! Wenham, MA.
      https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/6117552218.html
      That's pretty clean!
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1993 945 NA -Silver Metallic/Black - 181k - Wagon Rescue Project
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

1998 V70 T5 Auto Silver/Charcoal? 153k $989

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...117554173.html

Needs a PCV service and then bother to do the rear main seal if that doesn't fix it.
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite M56H - 119k - The Garage Queen
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/Graphite AW42 - 241k - The Daily
      1993 945 NA -Silver Metallic/Black - 181k - Wagon Rescue Project
      1995 945 Turbo - 425k, 1994 945 Turbo - 234k, 1993 945 Turbo - 318k

2013 Rebel blue p* c30 rdesign #84/250, manual, 32K miles, $23K
      https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6116550982.html

96 850 na automatic sedan. 57K miles! Clean. Sand and charcoal cloth, $2,000
      https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...115629026.html

Scam, or there's a zero missing on this one. If not, someone walks away with a 'stolen' car.
      https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...117563294.html

98 t5a sedan in black, needs work - 600 bucks
      https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6097701591.html

2000 v70 XC in white/tan, $2,000 - 150K miles
      https://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/6097701591.html
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

A little help, a detail, and it would be a nice driver.
      Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      That's pretty clean!

Please don't.

I am continually amazed that people want these given how unsafe they are, and even more amazed that Volvo was willing to include such an unsafe feature in their cars. You don't need to undermine the car structurally there; that's the crumple zone so they already did that for you. Saying these are cool is like saying food in cans sealed with lead solder is cool because it's rare/vintage .

If you have a 3rd row, do yourself the favor of getting rid of it now so you are never able to be even tempted to use it.
      Yeah man, watch out for idiots like this:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...nt-of-my-house

Lest we forget

2000 S70 GLT SE. Looks clean, has an oil leak. 156k. $500!! Wenham, MA.
      https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/6117552218.html
      This looks absolutely beautiful. I would love to own this -- obvious to me that it's an absolute steal for anyone.
      I so wish I could have purchased this a few months back, too bad they didn't list it then when I was hard up.

@Jared -- see the badge on the back above the Volvo badge? "128" -- looks familiar, right?
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 05-05-2017 at 07:31 AM.
      Join the Fun! 1996 855 Turbo Estate "風雪丸", "Fusetsumaru" - Polar White/Dark Gray - 150k (est.)
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0023/overview/

Anyone know anything more about this one? The R I found fell through, dang it.

It's been around for a LONG time, and is a conglomeration of a few cars. Interesting, and looks decent. Check it out closely and make sure it's solid...
      Quote Originally Posted by daisysi View Post
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0023/overview/
      Anyone know anything more about this one? The R I found fell through, dang it.

I never saw that version of the shot. The one from upstairs was bad enough, but this is sick.
      What ever happened? Is she in jail? Insurance paid? Lawsuit pending?
      Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Yeah man, watch out for idiots like this:
      Lest we forget
      This looks absolutely beautiful. I would love to own this -- obvious to me that it's an absolute steal for anyone.
      I so wish I could have purchased this a few months back, too bad they didn't list it then when I was hard up.
      @Jared -- see the badge on the back above the Volvo badge? "128" -- looks familiar, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I never saw that version of the shot. The one from upstairs was bad enough, but this is sick.
      What ever happened? Is she in jail? Insurance paid? Lawsuit pending?
      Ah yeah, wanna hear about a trainwreck? Neither she nor her husband had insurance, she was cited for speeding and probably a few others things (driving with both a suspended and expired license, 3rd offense I'm pretty sure, and they found some pills in the car) so she's in deep sh|t as it is. Legally I'm not sure what's going on with her situation beyond what I'm coming after her for. In the C̶o̶m̶m̶o̶n̶w̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ State of Massachusetts, you have to screw up ppppprrrreeeetttty badly to have your license revoked, so I'm not holding my breath there. As long as she stays away from my 850, I'm fine, but I'm hoping this is a wake-up call to the state somehow. My town has a really bad opioid problem, there's no way she wasn't jammed up going 55 in a residential in the parking lane.
      Cherry on top, they were both apparently recently evicted from their apartment due to a long-standing issue with stiffing the landlord so things aren't looking good even if I do win and collect.
      I have a court date pending with the both of them as I am suing them in small claims for property damage losses, my step-father is not taking any action as he received a payout from his own insurance and his insurance company is handling it -- I didn't have collision, limited or full on the '02 because it wasn't worth a whole lot NADA value and it's like, well, what are the odds?? Plus it wouldn't have helped me any. I would have probably received AT MOST 800 bucks for it from my insurance company (NADA value only worth like 1300, plus the $500 deductible) so it's not like this would have helped me out much in terms of purchasing a new vehicle.
      The court date will be 3 days after my birthday next month, 6/8/17 -- the same day I filed, apparently her landlord did too, so our court dates are coinciding. At 8AM I have a hearing against her and her husband, and at 9AM the same day, they have a small claims against them from their former landlord.

Ahhhh, life.
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 05-05-2017 at 09:38 AM.
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      That's pretty clean!
      For $500 hell yeah! Looks like almost as good a deal as your pewter.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post
      I would LOVE to hear more about owning these two.

Let's celebrate cinco de mayo with some Volvos for Sale!

It's Back....and with realistic pricing this time, I think a month ago this was listed at $16k
      2004 V70R M66 Silver/Atacama with 120K miles for $12900
      https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/6116760289.html

I have been noticing a lot of V70 R-designs go up for sale as regular V70s like this one
      2010 V70 R-design Silver with 133k miles for $9295, IMO it looks pretty sharp with the tinted windows and aftermarket wheels
      https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=174474196

2004 V70R with 112k miles for $3500 sounds like it needs some work
      https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...116992048.html

I don't think I have seen this one posted yet
      2005 S60R Titanium/Nord with 100k miles for only $6000, has service records and 2 sets of wheels, seems like a good deal
      https://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/6115497779.html
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 (his) | 30% Tint | KPAX exhaust
      2003 Ford SVT Focus 3dr (his) | 1 of 301 made in Competition Orange | 20% Tint
      2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD (hers) | Moose Decals!
      On the hunt for my perfect V70R...

For $500 hell yeah! Looks like almost as good a deal as your pewter.
      Well there's the @#$! 70 you've been looking for. I know you don't have room but that one looks pretty decent - wonder how severe the oil leak is or if it's just a cam seal or return line?
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Oh no it's the V70RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR guy again lol

I think he bought the wrong one http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publi...ticle_842.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Well there's the @#$! 70 you've been looking for. I know you don't have room but that one looks pretty decent - wonder how severe the oil leak is or if it's just a cam seal or return line?
      I know! That's probably exactly what I'm going to be looking for.........in 6 months . Fix that oil leak and flip it in the spring for $2k #winning

'98 V70 GLT, 247k, $1800, Vermont area. I hate when they block the license plates ugh

https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/6084483444.html

'98 V90, 183k, $3900. No plate? Hardly what I would call a Time Capsule but eh

https://vermont.craigslist.org/ctd/6114259842.html

'98 S70 GLT, 100k, $3295. Tiny pictures and I think these seats are cloth

https://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/6117986186.html

And hey look! Return of this poor thing. Price went down on this yet again from 5k to 3k, who wants to rescue it?

https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/6110806274.html
      Last edited by r0x4nn3; 05-05-2017 at 10:52 AM.
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by r0x4nn3 View Post
      Ah yeah, wanna hear about a trainwreck? Neither she nor her husband had insurance, she was cited for speeding and probably a few others things (driving with both a suspended and expired license, 3rd offense I'm pretty sure, and they found some pills in the car) so she's in deep sh|t as it is. Legally I'm not sure what's going on with her situation beyond what I'm coming after her for. In the C̶o̶m̶m̶o̶n̶w̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ State of Massachusetts, you have to screw up ppppprrrreeeetttty badly to have your license revoked, so I'm not holding my breath there. As long as she stays away from my 850, I'm fine, but I'm hoping this is a wake-up call to the state somehow. My town has a really bad opioid problem, there's no way she wasn't jammed up going 55 in a residential in the parking lane.
      Cherry on top, they were both apparently recently evicted from their apartment due to a long-standing issue with stiffing the landlord so things aren't looking good even if I do win and collect.
      I have a court date pending with the both of them as I am suing them in small claims for property damage losses, my step-father is not taking any action as he received a payout from his own insurance and his insurance company is handling it -- I didn't have collision, limited or full on the '02 because it wasn't worth a whole lot NADA value and it's like, well, what are the odds?? Plus it wouldn't have helped me any. I would have probably received AT MOST 800 bucks for it from my insurance company (NADA value only worth like 1300, plus the $500 deductible) so it's not like this would have helped me out much in terms of purchasing a new vehicle.
      The court date will be 3 days after my birthday next month, 6/8/17 -- the same day I filed, apparently her landlord did too, so our court dates are coinciding. At 8AM I have a hearing against her and her husband, and at 9AM the same day, they have a small claims against them from their former landlord.

Ahhhh, life.
      Sorry to hear that after the initial trauma of losing the car, the people are complete losers with no accountability. As awful as it is, just be thankful you weren't pulling something out of the hatch at the time.
      I wish you the best possible outcome!
      R lust

Sorry to hear that after the initial trauma of losing the car, the people are complete losers with no accountability. As awful as it is, just be thankful you weren't pulling something out of the hatch at the time.
      I wish you the best possible outcome!
      Yeah, I dread to think of what I'd be dealing with now if I weren't running late to work that morning. That would have rocked the hell out of me.
      1999 V70 XC AWD - Silver

I'm sure this link will be dead in a day https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=174409685
      but I spent some time yesterday tracking down more info on a 2004 V70R that popped up in Illinois with no information...finally tracked it down to this small dealership that specializes in wagons http://gmswagons.com/
      I spoke with the owner Jason who said he just got the car in and that it would be ready for sale in about a week. I found out it is a Black/Nordkap V70R with a M66 and the miles are around 161k, there is no price yet. He did say he knew the previous owner and that it is a well maintained car. It sounded like the only thing the car needed was some fresh front brakes. So to those potential buyers out there look for this one to come up for sale soon.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 (his) | 30% Tint | KPAX exhaust
      2003 Ford SVT Focus 3dr (his) | 1 of 301 made in Competition Orange | 20% Tint
      2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD (hers) | Moose Decals!
      On the hunt for my perfect V70R...

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast