V90CC is home at last!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

V90CC is home at last!

It ended up coming on the scheduled delivery date.

Had to run around to two DMVs to get new plates ... long story.

Struggled to get home set in navigation. But I didn't wait around for instructions.

Some quick photos more to follow...

OG, black interior w/ black headliner, every option but booster seat and heated windshield (i think)

Quick notes:

Handles better than I remember. Maybe because I've driving a full sized Chevy Traverse SUV for 2 weeks.

The Polestar is awesome.

This wagon is more than fast enough to get in trouble.

Volvo paint is very cool seems to almost change tone with sunlight more than my old vw.

In the evening it looked MUCH darker than picture.

More to follow....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TIV70R; 05-02-2017 at 11:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That looks great. Please keep us informed!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

V90CC is home at last!

Quote Originally Posted by walt2810 View Post
      That looks great. Please keep us informed!!!!

Thanks.

Maybe I'm just not used to them but the 20" wheels look ginormous, but they do feel great.

Started playing with individual drive mode.

I think I saw an option to always start in dynamic mode.

This thing has volumes of customizations. It's overwhelming but luckily I won't always have to touch many of them.

Favorite so far was figuring out how to adjust HUD.

Last edited by TIV70R; 05-02-2017 at 09:39 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks fantastic. The 22s would look ginormous! haha
      chris@swedespeed.com | instagram.com/swedespeed
      2013 C30 Polestar - #141/250 -
      Rebel Blue, 6MT, Climate, RearVision camera
      2016 XC90 R-Design T6 - Passion Red, air suspension, B&W, Vision, Convenience, Polestar
      2015.5 V60 T6 R-Design Platinum - Rebel Blue, snabb intake, do88 FMIC, KPAX exhaust, KW V3 coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by chris@swedespeed View Post
      Looks fantastic. The 22s would look ginormous! haha
      I can't believe I think 17s are "Large".

Dibs on it when you sell!

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy in good health!
      Current - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic 186k
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)
      A set of silver Volans in search of a Laser Blue V70R.

Very nice!

V90CC is home at last!

More quick pics w/ my phone ...

Last edited by TIV70R; 05-02-2017 at 11:20 PM.

V90CC is home at last!

Fwiw - One of my neighbors sat in it and was amazed how much space it had in the rear. He's 6 ft or more and had tons of leg room.

Quote Originally Posted by TIV70R View Post
      Fwiw - One of my neighbors sat in it and was amazed how much space it had in the rear. He's 6 ft or more and had tons of leg room.

Very spacious indeed. Went for a test drive in the CC and adjusted the drivers seat. Then went into rear seat behind the drivers and I had ample leg and head room @6'1" & 185#s. It passes my test to be a family hauler!!!

It's beautiful!
      2012 V70 D5 AWD - Volvo Ocean Race Edition, P* optimized

Past: 1999 C70 T5, 1998 S70 2.5T, 1996 965 3.0, 1999 S80 2.4l, 1989 480 Turbo

Gorgeous. As you may recall, I was really taken by this thing on my test drive, minus the engine. P* was a smart call. Tell us more about it as you learn her!

2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

Congrats man! I've a v90 cc envy right this minute. Enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

You should be WICKED excited, and it seems you are. Thanks for sharing. Gorgeous ride!
      You even have laminated glass!
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Forgot to mention best surprise was this sleek key. Not sure if it's part of Polestar or standard. But I love it compare to the massive/heavy standard key fob.

The key chain has "Polestar" etched on it.

Congratulations! The car looks great with the Luxury Package. I'm half wishing I had taken it myself!

That little key is standard. Keep in mind it does not have a key blade, so if the battery completely dies there's no way to get into the car with that.

I'm on the fence over trusting that to never happen, but if my battery is dead I guess I'm waiting for help anyway.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Beautiful car. Looking to snag one a luxury package off a dealer lot sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Congratulations! The car looks great with the Luxury Package. I'm half wishing I had taken it myself!

That little key is standard. Keep in mind it does not have a key blade, so if the battery completely dies there's no way to get into the car with that.

I'm on the fence over trusting that to never happen, but if my battery is dead I guess I'm waiting for help anyway.
      Wow.

That's really unfortunate.

Is there another key included with a blade?

2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

what are the claimed improvements/changes with Polestar on this T6?
      2013 XC70 T6, Flamenco Red
      2016 Jaguar XJ AWD

From the V90 manual:

"Detachable key blade
      Your vehicle's remote key contains a detachable
      key blade that can be used to unlock the driver's
      door, etc.
      A Volvo retailer can provide you with the key
      blade's unique code."

ETA: I see now that the photo is a special key. I would think there would be some accommodation to get in the car.

You didn't by chance get the factory trailer hitch did you? Wondering what the ball height is from the ground.

Wow, that is beautiful. Enjoy!
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Thank you for posting. I ordered osmium grey with the luxury package and haven't seen a picture of what it would look like until now. I wish it had the black trim but that is minor. I ordered the blond interior though.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Satchel View Post
      Is there another key included with a blade?
      Yes. You should get two normal keys and this mini key (which is still great if you're going into the gym or something and don't want to stop at a locker, plus it's waterproof IIRC so you can take it swimming, surfing, etc.).

Not sure what happened to being able to use your phone as a key.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Yes. You should get two normal keys and this mini key (which is still great if you're going into the gym or something and don't want to stop at a locker, plus it's waterproof IIRC so you can take it swimming, surfing, etc.).

Not sure what happened to being able to use your phone as a key.
      I sent my BMW key fob through the washer & dryer this weekend. It was acting a bit odd so I heated the oven to about 140 F and left the fob in there for a couple hours. Seems to work find now!

Had you read something about using a phone? Seems like it would be doable in a secure way.

Quote Originally Posted by yidal8 View Post
      what are the claimed improvements/changes with Polestar on this T6?
      Shifts are faster
      Throttle response is faster
      More torque ( 295lb/ft vs 325) with a more significant Mid range torque boosted for overtaking - feels diesel-ly
      Slight increase in hp (15hp) 316 vs 330 hp

Thanks Matt saw that you got your too. I wish I could have got the luxury with the two tone bumpers. ... I guess grass is always greener on the other side

V90CC is home at last!

Drove it for first drive to & from work today.

In short this thing is fast. Supple and very nimble for its size. Perplexed some guy in a Infiniti coupe as I kept up with him.

Been driving it mostly in dynamic mode. Already prefer individual mode with dynamic settings except steering weight set to medium.

Dynamic mode uses steering weight that feels over-weighted or something.

Started driving it in normal mode and it isn't bad at all.

Dampening of bumps is heavenly but doing it without giving away too much handling seems like pure genius.

The car is big, but that size seems to make the raised suspension less obvious than I remember in my old 2004 XC70.

This thing really is a jack of all trades. Which is perfect for DD in Chicago driving.

Very happy with purchase.

Concerns:

- The wagon seems BIG coming out of a vw Jetta wagon. Note I've also had a v70xc and a v70R earlier.

- The side view mirrors are too big to the point they sometimes block your view like really thick side A-pillars , especially if you don't sit high enough.

- biggest disappointment is built-in navigation is not intuitive as rest of Sensus is. Couldn't select cross streets to use for my "home" location. Ended up going on Zillow and found a house address near where I wanted and punching in that address. Final verdict will come after I speak with dealer to show me shortcuts, tips, etc.

Bottom line, it's going to be hard waiting 7-8,months for snow again.

Last edited by TIV70R; 05-03-2017 at 09:17 PM.

. Will need to spec out my V90 soon. Thanks.

Nav on my older V60 is so counter-intuitive I NEVER use it. I'd really hoped the UI/UX was significantly improved this round.

So glad you like everything else tho! Sounds like a great purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by TIV70R View Post
      Shifts are faster
      Throttle response is faster
      More torque ( 295lb/ft vs 325) with a more significant Mid range torque boosted for overtaking - feels diesel-ly
      Slight increase in hp (15hp) 316 vs 330 hp
      That should bring her under 6.0 sec. .........
      2013 XC70 T6, Flamenco Red
      2016 Jaguar XJ AWD

Car looks really awesome! Nice to see more Volvo's on here from the Chicago area, hope to see them on the road.
      Nick
      2015.5 V60 T6 RD, Crystal White Pearl

prior vehicles: 2009 G37xS sedan, 2004 Subaru WRX STi, 2003.5 G35 sedan, 2002 Subaru WRX, 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R

I live just across the border commonly known as a 'Cheesehead'.
      I spend a lot of time in Northern Lake and Cook Counties as well as Chicago proper in my XC70's..
      Very interested in your vehicle reliability, problems and NAV/SENSUS usage.
      Enjoy your CC!!-Richard
      2011 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
      2003 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His, Fallen Apart, rehabbed 11/16!
      1999 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-Granddaughter
      2013 Porsche Boxster Mexico Blue
      2017 Porsche C4S Carmine Red ContiWinterContact

Have you been able to get the tailgate to open with the kick gesture?

I know our sensors are moved, but I can't get it to work. On the other hand, if my goal was to look like an idiot I'm sure I succeeded there.

Have you been able to get the tailgate to open with the kick gesture?

I know our sensors are moved, but I can't get it to work. On the other hand, if my goal was to look like an idiot I'm sure I succeeded there.
      Wait - I thought maybe I didn't order it.

It's not listed on the web site under neither convince or luxury pkgs.

Btw I had the same idiot moment when I tried to show it o someone.

When I saw the feature in the commercials on YouTube I thought there's something very effeminate/lame/marketing spin about doing it.

Put the extra bag[s] down for crying out loud.

WTH is in those bags that you can't set them down for a second?

Also why not just hold your key fob in your fingers while you move mountains or whatever in both of you arms?

I've heard there this secret feature, it's called planning. Why don't you order that "option"?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast