V90CC is home at last! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by budrichard View Post
      I live just across the border commonly known as a 'Cheesehead'.
      I spend a lot of time in Northern Lake and Cook Counties as well as Chicago proper in my XC70's..
      Very interested in your vehicle reliability, problems and NAV/SENSUS usage.
      Enjoy your CC!!-Richard
      Sensus seems a little slow at first. Wonder if removing some apps will help?

Engine reliability should be great since they had this in the xc90 and s90 for 1 or two years, plus the engine core in the T6nis the same they use for the 2 liter diesel version, which has significantly higher engine pressure.

Luckily i was able to get extended warranty for free as the incentive program to people with a preexisting vw diesels.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

V90CC is home at last!

Quick update on interior - in general everything is awesome. They do, though, seem to take weird and luckily not very noticeable shortcuts, such as:

The steering wheel adjustment is manual... not a big deal since it's my car 98% of the time.

The ac vents in the B pillars are the same as the ones in my v70 cars. Nothing wrong with them, but stylistically don't go with rest of vent work in the car. - Luckily my daughter was happy with panoramic roof and super impressed by touch screen temp controls in rear just for her.

Speaking of panoramic sunroofs - the glass plane is not one smooth continuous curve. It dips down ever so slightly as the back of the front sliding glass meets the front edge of the stationary piece. It's weird. You'd only notice if you sweep your eyes from the front of the panoramic glass to the back as you are about to jump into the car.

Yes I'm hyper picky. It's part of what I do for work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TIV70R; 05-04-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Second day summary... starting to like comfort mode. Still handles well. Got a remarkable sense4 of calm driving around today. Could still stomp to overtake when I needed to. I think i need to setup up my ind9vidual mode again.

Only spending a few moments, can't figure out quickly how to change settings. Or the seat memory.

I'll reserve judgement till I figure it out or go back to dealership and see what I missed.

Probably go to an grocery store parking lot this weekend and sit with manual and figure it out.

Still light years ahead of anything I've seen or driven. Teslas, e 400, audis, etc...

What does "OG" mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Janet Jackson is truly 'UNBREAKABLE'. My heartbeat. LOVE you for LIFE JANET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TIV70R View Post
      Drove it for first drive to & from work today.

- biggest disappointment is built-in navigation is not intuitive as rest of Sensus is. Couldn't select cross streets to use for my "home" location. Ended up going on Zillow and found a house address near where I wanted and punching in that address. Final verdict will come after I speak with dealer to show me shortcuts, tips, etc.

Bottom line, it's going to be hard waiting 7-8,months for snow again.

I found that the easiest way to setup addresses is to use Volvo on Call. I got a six-months free trial in the USA on my XC90, I assume that is the same for you. If you have the app installed, you can use it to send an address to the car (open the map in the app).

Wait - I thought maybe I didn't order it.

It's not listed on the web site under neither convince or luxury pkgs.
      It's actually just a standard feature. The manual says you kick behind the left tire. Not working for me on my car, didn't work on the demo either. Never asked for them to demonstrate it.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      It's actually just a standard feature. The manual says you kick behind the left tire. Not working for me on my car, didn't work on the demo either. Never asked for them to demonstrate it.
      I tried it once only. It seemed so easy on commercials.

I'll stick my head under the rear bumper this weekend post anything I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleman View Post
      You didn't by chance get the factory trailer hitch did you? Wondering what the ball height is from the ground.
      No - sorry. There are clips on you tube of v90cc pulling a boat out of lake in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by kyngofpop View Post
      What does "OG" mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Just "Osmium Grey"

Have you been able to get the tailgate to open with the kick gesture?
      Kick under the letter V and then take one step backwards. It won't function unless you also do the latter.

And good luck with your new drive!
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Kick under the letter V and then take one step backwards. It won't function unless you also do the latter.

And good luck with your new drive!
      Thanks. That's what works on the non-Cross Country models, but the Cross Country models have a skid plate under the rear to protect the underbody.

Manual section:

Last edited by matt1122; 05-05-2017 at 09:08 AM.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

After seeing this thread along with Matt's V90CC thread, it makes me want one of these more and more. I'm still up in the air: it's either a V90CC (fully loaded) or a new XC60 T8 Inscription (fully loaded). Whatever it is, it has to have B&W sound. I'd probably keep my XC90 if it had B&W sound.
      16 XC90 T6 Inscription
      12 VW Eos Executive
      04 Land Rover Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by LowlyOilBurner View Post
      I'd probably keep my XC90 if it had B&W sound.
      I haven't heard it but it must be pretty special for the 3 grand they charge.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

I've never been disappointed with spending more on sound and the B&W system was pretty amazing when we heard it. Plus, OSD lowered the cost by $500.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      If you spend as much time in a car as I do, it's worth the extra money. The B&W system sounds fantastic.
      16 XC90 T6 Inscription
      12 VW Eos Executive
      04 Land Rover Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      It is absolutely amazing. The only (and I mean only) drawback so far is that it's so good it very accurately recreates the pops from where my DVD-Audio discs had scratches. I'm going to have to try to re-rip Dark Side of the Moon with scratch correction but I have no idea how to do that. =\

It is absolutely amazing. The only (and I mean only) drawback so far is that it's so good it very accurately recreates the pops from where my DVD-Audio discs had scratches. I'm going to have to try to re-rip Dark Side of the Moon with scratch correction but I have no idea how to do that. =\
      A man after my own heart. The last two cars we've bought, one of which was the V60, left the dealer's lot with Dark Side playing at a very high volume. I played it at the Chicago Auto show in the V90 they had on display and the B&W was better than anything I've ever heard in a car and so is on the list for when we decide between the V90 and the V90CC.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

I listened to A Night at the Opera (DVD Audio version) before I dug into Dark Side of the Moon. That sounded truly phenomenal. It sounded like the acoustic instruments were being played live in my car.

My wife and I also noted today that it sounds to both of us like the music is staged for us individually, so the music seems to be centered in front of each of our heads rather than in the center of the dashboard.

Weekend Update

Took on a highway with lots of ramps and interchanges. This things handles like dream without being harsh. Volvo seems to have found that perfect balance. VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Lane correction is starting make me always signal so I don't get "corrected" as I changes lanes.

Auto-pilot works great, but a bit of a leap of faith this early on at 80+ mph in nearly bumper to bumper traffic into a tight curve on I90 by Ohare. I took over.

Felt, as other mentioned, it favors the right side of the lane, but in checking space in side view mirrors, it seemed fine.

I do think AP will be invaluable on long straight stretches of highway.

Massaging seats with the seats heated might be a problem since they really relax you

Wife was impressed and jealous of sound system!

Sat in car and went through settings. It's very impressive detailed.

Coolest things I found are ability to set drowsiness alert AND rest recommendation when you seem to tired.

Still can't figure out how to set profiles or the seat position.

Did notice two things missing on my car:

1. There are clips in US of the car having active radiator slits that open when needed - I don't see that. Love the idea of shielding radiator from debris.

2. The seats don't have the double or pearl stitch that was described by Volvo. Not a big deal.

Pilot Assist only works up to 80mph, so it's probably a good thing you took over.

For profiles, you choose a profile from the top menu (pull down from top) in the upper right-hand corner. There is then a section in settings where you can bind that profile to the key currently in use, rename the profile, etc. Edit: Be warned that as soon as you change profiles from Guest to Profile 1/2/3 everything IMMEDIATELY resets to default (including the seats and mirrors). I'm not sure if there's a way to copy everything you changed in guest so far to another Profile if you have been changing settings in Guest.

1. I haven't seen those clips, that would be great. They may be T8 only? Are there clips of the CC doing this?

2. The luxury package seats sadly don't have the pearl stitch. They are just regular inscription seats.

Did your car come with a pull-up net to divide the cargo area and passenger compartment? Mine has the mounting latches installed under/behind the cargo cover, but no net.

Yeah, reading the manual, it looks like it's best to select a settings profile BEFORE you make any changes to settings or seat position, etc.

The Canadian versions of the XC90 get active radiator shutters but not the US ones.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...light=shutters
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

In my case, I'm sure people were puzzled when they heard loud music and the only driver was this white haired guy. Just like in college when I drove a hand me down station wagon. I put exhaust cutouts on it and never got a ticket because I figured the cops wouldn't have suspected a station wagon as the source of the noise.
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid

V90CC is home at last!

1. The active radiator slits YouTube clips were of the v90cc- but now I'm not sure if it was in the US.

2. I don't mind not having the double pearl stitch.

3. I don't think I have the divider net.

4. I did get the auto-open the rear with a kick to work. As someone said. The sensor is by the left side when facing the back of the car - or under the "v" of "v90" on the rear left bumper.

5. Can the profiles be set without the big key? I like using just the little fob.

6. Love the fact you set or turn on many things using voice command.

But I can't get it to change driving modes. I tried, "set driving mode to dynamic", or set dynamic mode".

7. What happened to the Volvo app?

Also wanted mention closing the hood is different since it actually has two latches on either side instead of just one in the center of the hood lie, every other car I've had.

I was trying o be gentle on closing it and it seemed latched but on the highway on Friday the hood was vibrating up and down since only one latch was done.

When I got out I opened the hood again and slammed it down and problem solved.

I'm thinking I'm going to email all my questions to dealership and show up on my way home to have them walk me through it.

Volvo was "android" like in its approach to Sensus in that they've thought of everything but its execution could be more intuitive.

Last edited by TIV70R; 05-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.

4. For the hands-free opening, my wife and I worked it out last night. The manual lies.

It's under the V in Volvo and the R in CROSS. There's just a little cutout in the skid plate to allow the sensor to see through.

5. The little fob can be assigned a profile. Aside from not having buttons or the blade, it works just like a regular key.

7. What's the Volvo app?

I'm curious when we'll get the May 2017 Sensus update with the colored icons moved to the left and the Nav updates and all that.

- On the way home I got the auto-pilot to work past 83mph. Next time I'm going to find a longer stretch.

- its straight forward setting/adjusting distance between car in front of me

- Got a text message from my wife and it was read out loud pretty well. I've got to check to see if I can opt out of reading msgs?

I've also setup individual mode to basically dynamic mode with steering wheel set to "normal".

Oh and the seats are soo amazing!

Friend at work commented on how squat and wide it looks but still looks like a SUV at the bottom.

Oh and the seats are soo amazing!
      Your seats are the standard leather? No extension?

4. For the hands-free opening, my wife and I worked it out last night. The manual lies.

It's under the V in Volvo and the R in CROSS. There's just a little cutout in the skid plate to allow the sensor to see through.
      Right. That's what I tried to tell you a few days ago, but you had to RTFM and cite chapter and verse. "Oh ye of little faith!"
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by hwitten View Post
      Your seats are the standard leather? No extension?
      I got seat extensions w/ luxury package.

Right. That's what I tried to tell you a few days ago, but you had to RTFM and cite chapter and verse. "Oh ye of little faith!"
      Confirmed ... still seems a little silly.

Forgot to mention deep in the settings is the ability to set the car to "pre-condition" interior temp depending on when I get in so I won't be frozen or boiling hot when I get in.

Right now between tinting and cool temps it's not clear its actually working.

The 360 camera is something I'm really appreciating - so useful to make sure if parked too close to wall or evenly in parking slot.

Sharp looking wagon, congrats!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

I figured you were just helping with how it was done with the S90. =P

Forgot to mention deep in the settings is the ability to set the car to "pre-condition" interior temp depending on when I get in so I won't be frozen or boiling hot when I get in.

Right now between tinting and cool temps it's not clear its actually working.
      It's in the On Call App as well, first tile. I am curious to see how well it works. From what I gather, it simply activates ventilation to match the exterior temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Sharp looking wagon, congrats!
      Thanks!

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast