First Drive: 2017 V90 Cross Country.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

First Drive: 2017 V90 Cross Country.

Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, “Life is a journey, not a destination.” The 2017 Volvo V90 Cross Country has been designed to reconnect people with their true passions and to live their lives to the fullest through amazing journeys. This Scandinavian sanctuary truly inspires rediscovery in a manner unique to a wagon and unique to Volvo.

My initial impressions and the Full Story here
      chris@swedespeed.com | instagram.com/swedespeed
      2013 C30 Polestar - #141/250 -
      Rebel Blue, 6MT, Climate, RearVision camera
      2016 XC90 R-Design T6 - Passion Red, air suspension, B&W, Vision, Convenience, Polestar
      2015.5 V60 T6 R-Design Platinum - Rebel Blue, snabb intake, do88 FMIC, KPAX exhaust, KW V3 coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice article. As someone who bikes 4000 miles a year and would rather spend a week hiking in Colorado than a week in Paris, I think I fit their demographic.

As you pointed out, our biggest disappointment in ordering was the color choices. We would prefer red or blue, but settled on crystal white pearl.

[QUOTE=murrays;5337049
      As you pointed out, our biggest disappointment in ordering was the color choices. We would prefer red or blue, but settled on crystal white pearl.[/QUOTE]

I agree on the colors. I don't care for the black bumpers and so was willing to spring for the luxury package which deletes the black. Unfortunately, the luxury package can't be had in the magic blue which would would have been our preference.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Limiting the color options with the Luxury Package hurts my feelings, but I remember reading or hearing recently that the plastic moldings are actually specially mixed with special pigments to get them to look just like the painted parts of the car. It may be that the color-matched moldings are still made this way and they can't do this for every color without it getting very expensive. Like the old plastic moldings, they have to stock those separately? In Sweden, the cost of the body-color moldings is just a little more than the cost of Metallic Paint, so call it $650-ish. I'm not sure if this is actually how they are made, however. They may just be regular painted parts and Volvo may just want me to feel bad.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Hmm I fit well in their demographic. 42, manager, active mtn bike, hiker, camper, backcounty exploring, but also want nice comfortable commuter.

I have an XC70 and looked a V90CC when my XC70 was in shop for routine service. From luxury and appearance standpoint the V90 is nice, however it sacrifices alot utility and space with rear compartment. Seems like the P3 XC70 has more useable space.

BTW... since I live in the Phoenix area I am curious where you guys tested. Saw what looks like Barlett lake and some of the surrounding roads and clearly Sedona as well.
      Joe
      2015.5 XC70 T6

I own all three generations of the XC70.
      Nice review but the real proof will be the real world reliability and SENSUS operation.
      I have become spoiled by another marque that for two vehicles for me has had zero problems.-Richard
      2011 XC70 Silver/Off Black-Hers
      2003 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-His, Fallen Apart, rehabbed 11/16!
      1999 XC70 Silver/Charcoal-Granddaughter
      2013 Porsche Boxster Mexico Blue
      2017 Porsche C4S Carmine Red ContiWinterContact

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements