2008 C70 Rear Seat Removal
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2008 C70 Rear Seat Removal

So I've searched here and the net with google, no luck. I have a 2008 C70 and I have to remove the rear seat bottom cushion. I was able to get the front catches to release, but apparently there is some other point of attachment in the center of the seat; the back half of the console is off (the reason I need to remove the bottom cushion) and I can reach up under the middle of the seat. It feels like there is some kind of release mechanism, but I can't figure out how to release it. FYI: I replaced the shifter blind after reading a number of posts on how to do it. Yes, the console can be pushed back, but the rear console section must be removed.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There is a snap clip on each side near the catches. Just pull up on the seat to pop it off. If the clip breaks, which is not uncommon, the are super cheap and easy to replace.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was able to unclip the seat at the ends, the seat seems to have a mount or bracket in the center. Does anyone have a pic of the underside of the seat cushion.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Joe7Bros View Post
      I was able to unclip the seat at the ends, the seat seems to have a mount or bracket in the center. Does anyone have a pic of the underside of the seat cushion.
      I don't have a picture of the seat cushion out, but this is the interior with the back seat out. I circled where the clip is that is giving you trouble. Just pull up here on both sides and the seat bottom will come out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Haleme, Thank you, but I don't think that's what's keeping the seat in place. I can slide my hand along the entire front edge of the seat; there's some kind of metal bracket in the middle of the seat, about 4 inches from the front edge, that feels like it's holding the seat in place. I'm able to get my hand partway under, and it feels like there is some kind of release but I can't see it, just feel it, and am unable to figure out how to release it. Is that a metal pedestal to the right of your circle? Does your car have the full console that butts up to the rear seat center?

I need to replace the shifter blind as well, so I'll have the seat out shortly. I don't recall a center latch. Just the catch and clip on either side. First time removal is difficult if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

To all who insisted there were two clips holding the rear seat in, I apologize, you were right, I was wrong! So today I went out and looked at the seat again. It actually comes out easily if you lift one side at a time from the corner I finally reinstalled the rear cupholder portion of the console, and that's the end of that. Thank you all again for pointing me in the right direction.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements