SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when....
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation SENSUS UPDATE is officially here (update in OP)!!

Straight from the TJ that was released today 5-8-17 and states:

"Beginning Monday May 8th, 2017 there will be a major software upgrade available for the Sensus infotainment system in all 90-series vehicles. This software upgrade will
      include an update to the layout of the vehicle's center display and some minor visual upgrade to the instrument cluster display."

Questions? See this link >>>>> https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9837

PLEASE NOTE: Due to new upcoming Federal Regulations, the Park Assist camera must default to the standard back up view. Once you have the update performed, you will not be able to set the default camera view to the 360 degree camera.

UPDATE......

The download was performed as a Service 2.0 but is identical to a total upgrade. One of these downloads should be performed every single time your SPA vehicle is in for any type of service whether it is warranty or customer pay. NO EXCUSES!! We Volvo technicians literally get paid to update your vehicles software (if updates are available) and to update your Nav Maps.

I did not lose my favorites for Sirius but it did reset my sound stage as well as bass/treble/subwoofer settings. My fuel mileage was reset as well. NO GREMLINS AS OF YET. The screen is visually pleasing and things seem more accessible once you get used to it. I am very impressed with the overall look and feel. The "NOW PLAYING" tab is pretty awesome and I love it.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-08-2017 at 08:21 PM.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      What's the TJ number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post
      What's the TJ number?

TJ#32714

I am pulling my S90 in right now to see if the update is available and will work with the Service 2.0 software.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-08-2017 at 11:49 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs up

Will the navigation finally show the remaining time and distance together ?? (like any other navigation incl. all previous Volvo navigations ?)

Edit: Went through it - oh yes, seems to be there - finally !!!

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg
      Last edited by Ivos; 05-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.
      2017 XC90 D5 Inscription, Luminous Sand, Air Suspension, B&W, fully packed with all available packs

Finally, the other thread kept me on tenterhooks. Sat nav looks good as mentioned above.

I wish the new map update would show traffic info like on Google maps.
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PAII | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I wish the new map update would show traffic info like on Google maps.
      My S90 shows red lines along the highway on the driver display when there is heavy traffic. Is this what you are talking about?

made my appt for Wed. thanks for the heads up. Does this update wipe your radio station favorites, etc? Or saved profile?

My car was just towed there today for some other issues, I got lucky about the software lol

Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      Questions? See this link https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9837

PLEASE NOTE: Due to new upcoming Federal Regulations, the Park Assist camera must default to the standard back up view. Once you have the update performed, you will not be able to set the default camera view to the 360 degree camera.

All good stuff, however I wonder why, given all the screen real estate, that Volvo could not have figured a way to show both the 360 and regular back-up, simultaneously, as do Mercedes and several other manufacturers.
      More screen prodding to achieve 360 is NOT a good thing.
      I like the 360 default, especially for parallel parking but have often thought a regular back-up would provide the additional confidence I need when parking.

Pretty cool new "health check" in the instrument panel when the car first starts up.

Straight from the TJ that was released today 5-8-17 and states:

"Beginning Monday May 8th, 2017 there will be a major software upgrade available for the Sensus infotainment system in all 90-series vehicles. This software upgrade will
      include an update to the layout of the vehicle's center display and some minor visual upgrade to the instrument cluster display."

Questions? See this link https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9837

Thanks for sharing I have an appointment next week.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      made my appt for Wed. thanks for the heads up. Does this update wipe your radio station favorites, etc? Or saved profile?
      As with every download, the settings are saved prior to doing an update. I would imagine nothing gets erased. I will report back later today after I update my S90.

Quote Originally Posted by sam818 View Post
      [/I][/B][/I]

All good stuff, however I wonder why, given all the screen real estate, that Volvo could not have figured a way to show both the 360 and regular back-up, simultaneously, as do Mercedes and several other manufacturers.
      I like the 360 default, especially for parallel parking but have often thought a regular back-up would provide the additional confidence I need when parking.
      I cant say for sure but maybe processor limitations?
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-08-2017 at 12:46 PM.

My mom's 2016 Mercedes C300 has both showing when reversing, split screen.
      2016 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PAII | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16

Great news. But I'm gonna sit this one out for a bit in case the update creates any gremlins that wreak havoc elsewhere. I tend to be wary of sw updates and the car is running good right now. Looking forward to hearing from others that all is well!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      2017 XC90 R-design T6 | Passion Red, Vision, Convenience, Climate + HUD, Air Suspension, B/W, 20"s | Upstate NY

Yeah, my previous QX60 and my current Q7 also shows the rear and 360 at the same time. I wish, if they can do it and it would still meet the new requirements mentioned in the OPs post, they'd work on having an option for both rear and 360 display at the same time when the vehicle is put into R. I find the 360 default far more valuable than just rear view on default.

Other then the new look of the UI, I don't see a whole lot of changes that I necessarily care much about. I'm going in May 22nd but I just don't know, I may tell them leave Sensus alone for now and just do my oil change and address my other things like the sunroof hanging seal. This update may change something I like and fix things I don't see a need to fix.
      Currently Own:

2016 Volvo XC90 First Edition (Delivered May 2015)

2017 Audi Q7 (Delivered February 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
      Other then the new look of the UI, I don't see a whole lot of changes that I necessarily care much about. I'm going in May 22nd but I just don't know, I may tell them leave Sensus alone for now and just do my oil change and address my other things like the sunroof hanging seal. This update may change something I like and fix things I don't see a need to fix.
      Please know that if you dont want the sensus update, the rest of the vehicle can not be updated. Service 2.0 AKA total upgrades do everything and there is no option to leave Sensus out.

My S90 shows red lines along the highway on the driver display when there is heavy traffic. Is this what you are talking about?
      That's part of it. I really wish they would use Google maps, just so used to it. Whenever I need to go somewhere I always check their map first lol to avoid traffic etc.

Awesome news on the FM radio media info changes, too. I had always thought it weird that our 2005 Camry with text-only infotainment could show me the song info for the radio station I was listening to, but Sensus wouldn't.

I don't really use the FM radio, but my wife does. She's going to like this update b/t this and the T8 remote start improvements.

Please know that if you dont want the sensus update, the rest of the vehicle can not be updated. Service 2.0 AKA total upgrades do everything and there is no option to leave Sensus out.
      Thanks, I was figuring that but they can still address my other issues that are completely not dependent upon software like the shuddering when braking to a stop from high speeds and the seal around the tilt sunroof glass panel as well as the 2 year oil change. I may just say the heck with it once there but if I'm otherwise content with the UI right now, I may hang with it for another year unless something comes up that forces me to update things.
      Last edited by Paradox; 05-08-2017 at 01:04 PM.
      Currently Own:

Thanks, I was figuring that but they can still address my other issues that are completely not dependent upon software like the shuddering when braking to a stop from high speeds and the seal around the tilt sunroof glass panel as well as the 2 year oil change. I may just say the heck with it once there but if I'm otherwise content with the UI right now, I may hang with it for another year unless something comes up that forces me to update things.
      If you dont want an update, you need to make sure to be very verbal about it. We get paid to do total upgrades and do them so we can get paid. Good technicians update everything.

Just called to make an appointment, gave them the TJ number and they said it doesn't apply to our car. Only another update to fix the crashing which has caused more problems apparently.

Cool!

I guess my dealer did know what he was talking about! :-D (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post5331529)

Does the instrument cluster get any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by jo_nathan View Post
      Does the instrument cluster get any changes?
      Very minor... please read the link I provided above.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      Just called to make an appointment, gave them the TJ number and they said it doesn't apply to our car. Only another update to fix the crashing which has caused more problems apparently.
      Not sure why they would say this. This should apply to ALL SPA vehicles.... as per the TJ that states "ALL 90 SERIES". I think you were misled.
      Type Year Structure Week
      256 - 2016-2017 - 201505-201716

I am in the process of downloading the 548mb package to my vehicle now. Will report back if something goes awry.....
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-08-2017 at 01:47 PM.

I'm delighted. My service is due end of this month. I'll do it then and hopefully by the time I do it, there'll be extensive reviews of the changes by the Forum faithful :-)

Counting on you fellasfor a more objective and personal experiences
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

If you dont want an update, you need to make sure to be very verbal about it. We get paid to do total upgrades and do them so we can get paid. Good technicians update everything.
      Thank you for the information as well as the initial information you provided everyone by creating this thread, we all appreciate it very much.
      Currently Own:

Thank you for the information as well as the initial information you provided everyone by creating this thread, we all appreciate it very much.
      My pleasure. I love my job and I love what Volvo Cars does/stands for. I am here to ensure other customers see how hard us good technicians take care of our customers and care about them as they are our lively hood.

Can some of you how have done the upgrade post some pictures of the new main screen layout and instrument cluster? Any bugs found?

I am in the process of downloading the 548mb package to my vehicle now. Will report back if something goes awry.....
      What do you mean you are in the process? What package do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by superluxus View Post
      Can some of you how have done the upgrade post some pictures of the new main screen layout and instrument cluster? Any bugs found?
      I can after Thursday if no one else has, but there are a bunch of pics in the Volvo doc in the link earlier in this thread.

It always amazes me how some dealers don't keep up with the Volvo news and generally know less than we do here.

But does it give the 2016 XC90 model Android Auto?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
      I can after Thursday if no one else has, but there are a bunch of pics in the Volvo doc in the link earlier in this thread.
      Thanks! I didn't realize that the link contained such extensive information with pictures.

I live in Europe (Norway). Will check with my dealer tomorrow if I can book time for an update.

[/I][/B][/I]

The reason is not having a 16:9 screen, instead they have a 4:3 which is easier to stack information like this, but not so easy for dual applications. The primary issue as I see it is the fact that the buttons then become small and people complain they can't press them. I think having a quick button to switch views was a good compromise. However, I would just prefer to keep 360 view.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast