SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when.... - Page 11
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
      I have an appointment for next Tuesday to my local Volvo dealer (Budapest, Hungary). They had no clue if the software got out or not, but they told me that they doubt that Volvo releases the software before the delivery of the new XC60. They also said they cannot see what's in the software upgrades. They also told me that i cannot just ask for the free upgrade, i have to tell a reason for them why I want to upgrade. If there is no reason, they cannot just upgrade it!

Does that make any sense??

They scheduled the card for the "Total Upgrade" package, but they told me they don't know whats in that software.
      XC90 2017 T8 Inscription Ice White/Amber Interior

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fudge View Post
      I have an appointment for next Tuesday to my local Volvo dealer (Budapest, Hungary). They had no clue if the software got out or not, but they told me that they doubt that Volvo releases the software before the delivery of the new XC60. They also said they cannot see what's in the software upgrades. They also told me that i cannot just ask for the free upgrade, i have to tell a reason for them why I want to upgrade. If there is no reason, they cannot just upgrade it!

Does that make any sense??

They scheduled the card for the "Total Upgrade" package, but they told me they don't know whats in that software.
      If they're saying they can't won't install the software without a reason, I don't know if this applies to your region but tell them you want the Vehicle Dynamics Domain Master (VDDM) Primary Boot Loader (PBL) fix that resolves a problem where the vehicle may not start. This is something that is subject to a service action here in North America and is being installed by default and requires a full software update.

Mine is at the dealer now for a software update and this is a fix my advisor told me was going to be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      If they're saying they can't won't install the software without a reason, I don't know if this applies to your region but tell them you want the Vehicle Dynamics Domain Master (VDDM) Primary Boot Loader (PBL) fix that resolves a problem where the vehicle may not start. This is something that is subject to a service action here in North America and is being installed by default and requires a full software update.

Mine is at the dealer now for a software update and this is a fix my advisor told me was going to be installed.
      Yes, VDDM is what resulted in my car now showing low fuel range and charging my Hybrid battery up to 90% and no longer the original 33%. I got the upgrade fro free as my car wouldn't start despite having a full Hybrid battery and fuel in the tank. IT gave me a tortoise sign with an error message of restricted performance. It wouldn't start ICE though
      Last edited by Seti; 05-19-2017 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Add reason
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Just got mine back from the shop. A few things I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned here yet:

1) The seat heat control menu for those of us with Inscription ventilated seats and/or climate package with heated steering wheel still is a one person at a time thing. Tapping the icon to open the menu when the other side's menu is already open will still close that menu.

2) The drive mode menu is now dismissible by pressing the home button.

3) Internet-dependent apps such as Pandora, TuneIn and weather are all still slow to load. Whether they're more stable is TBD in my case. I'll give them a try and see what happens.

4) My app icons were all rearranged but my function buttons were not. Also, my Travel Link favorites were cleared.

5) Navigation did seem to load quicker but I'm not sure how long my vehicle was sitting before I picked it up. If it had been recently moved it may be that the nav was just still loaded.

My thoughts on work that still needs to be done:

a) Internet apps still need to load quicker.

b) I want to change my seat heat settings at the same time as my wife. We're starting to call these the divorce menus.

c) The nav tile needs to show ETA and distance remaining in both collapsed (when it shows the large icon) and minimized (smallest size, when it's just a small icon with a line of text) states. It shows in the open and maximized views which is good. Just two more places to add this info.

d) The now playing info for media should be enhanced in the collapsed state to include track progress

e) The phone tile should just go away when CarPlay is being used. Someone else had mentioned that's where CarPlay should go to allow other Sensus apps to still be used without having to relaunch CarPlay from the icon. I fully endorse this idea.

[...]
      e) The phone tile should just go away when CarPlay is being used. Someone else had mentioned that's where CarPlay should go to allow other Sensus apps to still be used without having to relaunch CarPlay from the icon. I fully endorse this idea.
      +1 Million
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription (OSD) · Black & amber · B&W · Vision · Convenience · Air suspension · Heated rear · s/w update 05/17/17

total upgrade and PA2

Hi, do am currently on PA1, do I get automatically updated to PA2 when I go in to get the sensus 2.0 update?

Quote Originally Posted by Trevlig View Post
      +1 Million
      +1million might be insufficient :-). Let's go with +infinity and perhaps Volvo will listen
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Quote Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
      I just came back from the dealer and they have opened a case to Volvo to explain why the MY2016s do not get that option. Both of ours do not have it.
      Any news on this? Why MY16 doesn't get Collision Avoiding Assistant?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveg74 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
      I just came back from the dealer and they have opened a case to Volvo to explain why the MY2016s do not get that option. Both of ours do not have it.
      Any news on this? Why MY16 doesn't get Collision Avoiding Assistant?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
      Is convenients package required for the collision avoidance assistant?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      This is not a Volvo issue. Apple CarPlay disables Bluetooth on your iPhone when run, and Bluetooth is necessary for all of those things which are disabled while you are connected to CarPlay. My preference would be for CarPlay to take over the Phone portion of the home screen when active rather than the app one at the bottom.
      I agree mostly. I am not speaking about Bluetooth per se. If my iPhone is connected via USB without CarPlay active, the phone, contacts and voice control are accessible via Sensus. If, likewise CarPlay is active, Sensus voice controls are active but Sensus responds with a message that says "No phone connected".

What I am saying and suggesting is that there could be better integration between Sensus and CarPlay. Sensus phone command should be routed through CarPlay as there is a phone connected. The same is true with Contacts where Sensus cannot access contacts when CarPlay is active.

With third party controls being allowed for iPhone functionality, it may be that CarPlay needs to allow limited third party functionality and access to the phone for voice calls and for contacts.

Hope this makes sense. Add to the wish list.

BTW and FWIW, my experience is that Sensus and navigation are very good. There can and should be on-going improvements which we have seen with 2.0.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al | TSU installed May 16, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      I agree mostly. I am not speaking about Bluetooth per se. If my iPhone is connected via USB without CarPlay active, the phone, contacts and voice control are accessible via Sensus. If, likewise CarPlay is active, Sensus voice controls are active but Sensus responds with a message that says "No phone connected".

What I am saying and suggesting is that there could be better integration between Sensus and CarPlay. Sensus phone command should be routed through CarPlay as there is a phone connected. The same is true with Contacts where Sensus cannot access contacts when CarPlay is active.

With third party controls being allowed for iPhone functionality, it may be that CarPlay needs to allow limited third party functionality and access to the phone for voice calls and for contacts.

Hope this makes sense. Add to the wish list.

BTW and FWIW, my experience is that Sensus and navigation are very good. There can and should be on-going improvements which we have seen with 2.0.
      My understanding of CarPlay is that this type of integration where the manufacturer's voice control is used to pass instructions through to CarPlay is not possible. This limitation would be due to Apple's lack of an implementation to accept third party voice input. Most likely this is because Siri works so much better than those built into most cars. I would actually prefer the reverse where Siri can control car functions like temperature, etc. and operated as the default voice control instead of requiring a long press of the voice button on the steering wheel.

The model that Google demonstrated earlier this week seems like what I'd want and I'm excited to see what the end result is. I'm not sure if Apple is going this route as well or if CarPlay is their end game to get onto a head unit but Google definitely send to be about ten steps ahead.

^ +1 and totally agree. Another reason it is awkward is that selected contacts must be loaded from iPhone into Glympse before connected to USB/CarPlay. Oerwise, you must manually re-enter the desired Contacts into Glympse which is a handy app but not mission critical by any means. Just another example where Apple could greatly enhance the user experience by working more closely with auto manufacturers and designated service providers.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al | TSU installed May 16, 2017

For the people who said the vehicle check list includes options that their vehicle does not have, this has since been removed in all new updates until an undetermined time.

TJ 32747 states:
      On May 8th, 2017 new DIM software was released that contained a graphic system check of the vehicle's Intellisafe systems.

This graphic was removed from the software on May 12, 2017 due to some inaccuracies.

Vehicles built from structure week 2017w17 to 2017w22 will have the graphic in the car from the factory but it will be removed when any of the software packages listed are loaded.

Do NOT replace, reload or upgrade any components for customer complaints of this function missing.

This function will be re-added to the DIM software at a later date that is to be determined.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

^ gunshot, Glad to see you're back with much gratitude. Your explanations and context are extremely helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      Yes, VDDM is what resulted in my car now showing low fuel range and charging my Hybrid battery up to 90% and no longer the original 33%. I got the upgrade fro free as my car wouldn't start despite having a full Hybrid battery and fuel in the tank. IT gave me a tortoise sign with an error message of restricted performance. It wouldn't start ICE though
      So are you saying that if you get the VDDM PBL fix, the vehicle will charge up to 90%?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      So are you saying that if you get the VDDM PBL fix, the vehicle will charge up to 90%?
      Most proably yes. I don't yet have Sensus 2, but after VDDM upgrade, my car was able to charge up to 90% and the Save and Hold buttons no longer grey out as they did before + I also got the updated low fuel warning message that requires the driver to press Ok to acknowledge it
      ------

Did anybody suffer with the issue of not being able to update their apps after the new software update. All my updates kept saying failed to update. I uninstalled them hoping I can just do a fresh install of the new version but now I can't even re-install them! Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogysXC90 View Post
      Did anybody suffer with the issue of not being able to update their apps after the new software update. All my updates kept saying failed to update. I uninstalled them hoping I can just do a fresh install of the new version but now I can't even re-install them! Any ideas?
      Sorry, no. If they're simply missing after uninstalling them, there is some length of time before they're available again in the new apps list. If you're having problems actually installing, you might try turning your modem off and on again or connect to wifi to see if that helps.

I agree, but Apple hasn't made this possible yet. Hopefully in the future they will add this functionality to CarPlay or just let Bluetooth remain active somehow.

The problem is there is no standard for communicating the information you're suggesting over USB. When you connect your phone to the car via USB but don't start CarPlay, all of those phone and message functions still use Bluetooth. USB only provides electrical power and a connection for the iPod/Music functions. As far as the car is concerned, you might as well have just connected an iPod with no phone functionality at all.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

c) The nav tile needs to show ETA and distance remaining in both collapsed (when it shows the large icon) and minimized (smallest size, when it's just a small icon with a line of text) states. It shows in the open and maximized views which is good. Just two more places to add this info.
      This is an excellent suggestion. As it stands, the only info that is displayed when the tile is closed is the street name.

d) The now playing info for media should be enhanced in the collapsed state to include track progress.
      Another good suggestions. It would also be nice if the track name scrolled.
      2016 Volvo XC90 Momentum+ (Crystal White Metallic / Amber)
      2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Yes. This happened to me, though to be honest I can't say for certain if this was an issue prior to the update as I just bought the car a few days before and never tried to install an app before the update.

But after the update I could not download any apps. I could see the full list of apps to download, but as soon as I tried to download one, I would get an error message. I tried a ton of things to get it to work including turning the modem on and off, switching to wi-fi and doing a factory reset, but nothing helped. I brought it to the dealer on Friday to have them look at it. So far they haven't been able to fix it either. They did the software update again, but that didn't help. They tried swapping out the SIM card reader, but that didn't help. I think the next step is a control module of some sort, but that won't be until Monday/Tuesday at this point. Certainly frustrating to have an issue like this a few weeks into ownership, but hopefully it will get resolved soon.
      1996 850 GLT, 2003 V70 T5M, 2007 XC90 V8, 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design

SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when....

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      Most proably yes. I don't yet have Sensus 2, but after VDDM upgrade, my car was able to charge up to 90% and the Save and Hold buttons no longer grey out as they did before + I also got the updated low fuel warning message that requires the driver to press Ok to acknowledge it
      For US cars, the 90% charge feature still does not exist - not at least for mine which has had the VDDM fix, new IGM, remote start and Sensus 2.0. I am still limited to 33%.

Since this is off topic, I will see about re-imitating the thread to 33% charging v. 90%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 05-20-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeT5 View Post
      Yes. This happened to me, though to be honest I can't say for certain if this was an issue prior to the update as I just bought the car a few days before and never tried to install an app before the update.

But after the update I could not download any apps. I could see the full list of apps to download, but as soon as I tried to download one, I would get an error message. I tried a ton of things to get it to work including turning the modem on and off, switching to wi-fi and doing a factory reset, but nothing helped. I brought it to the dealer on Friday to have them look at it. So far they haven't been able to fix it either. They did the software update again, but that didn't help. They tried swapping out the SIM card reader, but that didn't help. I think the next step is a control module of some sort, but that won't be until Monday/Tuesday at this point. Certainly frustrating to have an issue like this a few weeks into ownership, but hopefully it will get resolved soon.
      Control module? Like in Sensus? I have that same issue after the update and the apps fail to load or even update. I already have an appointment next Monday so they can fix this problem. I also noticed when I send an address to my car via VOC, it won't take it. It will show up, but when I click on new address received, it disappears. I remember before the update it would store the VOC messages and when you pull down the menu it would still show up the address that was pushed. Not anymore after the update. I need to push the address up to 3-times for the navigation to accept and navigate to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      3/2017 Savile Grey T6 Momentum
      95 E36 M3
      Gone QX60, 2013 Pathfinder, 94 Supra TT 6Speed, 94 Supra TT Auto

Quote Originally Posted by m95c View Post
      Control module? Like in Sensus? I have that same issue after the update and the apps fail to load or even update. I already have an appointment next Monday so they can fix this problem. I also noticed when I send an address to my car via VOC, it won't take it. It will show up, but when I click on new address received, it disappears. I remember before the update it would store the VOC messages and when you pull down the menu it would still show up the address that was pushed. Not anymore after the update. I need to push the address up to 3-times for the navigation to accept and navigate to it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      Not entirely sure, though I believe he mentioned this "control module" was in the rear cargo compartment, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the modem/sim reader. But that's just a guess as I wasn't really given a lot of detail (nor do I think they really have any idea what the actual issue is at this point).
      1996 850 GLT, 2003 V70 T5M, 2007 XC90 V8, 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design

Just picked up a gently used 2017 with the new software update, collision avoidance is included.

I don't have much experience with sensus but the menues seem fast enough at this point. Beginning loading takes a little while but not too bad. Will see how I feel after driving the car regularly for a while but my initial impressions are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeT5 View Post

I have owned my car since February and it has been at the dealer about 4 times for issues >:| I have about had it. They fix one thing and something else breaks. stop/start barely ever works, air suspension issue, random restarts, now apps don't work/install/update, VOC issues and more... I am considering calling Volvo and asking for a replacement vehicle.

After the latest total upgrade, it seems to me that the pilot assist works better by staying on (green wheel) at sharper curves on the highways, and at intersections where the lines discontinue then continue. In the past, the green wheel would momentarily stop then restart. Now, the green wheel stays on as the car passes the intersections.
      Last edited by CWL; 05-21-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Had the update done shortly before a 2,500+ mile trip in my MY16 with PAII. Still not overly impressed with PAII, it seems to wander a bit and not a centered in the lane as I would hope. I certainly do not have sufficient confidence in it to let it have primary control.
      I did have an enhanced issue with receiving the "Windscreen Sensor Blocked", which resulted in disabling PA and ACC, forcing a fallback to standard cruise control. Also, at the end of the trip, I started receiving continuous Wiper Failure messages along with it's melodious chime every 5 seconds to 5 minutes.
      I do like the new GUI theme in the center stack as well as the health check in the center gauges at startup.

Anyone else had similar issues?
      Current: 2016 XC90 Inscription(OSD) w/ Convenience and Vision Packages, Twilight Bronze Metallic; 2007 BMW 335i Coupe w/Dinan Stage 2 Tune and M Body Kit; 1969 Volvo 1800S

Yes, Go to Settings -> Navigation and then scroll to bottom where you should see "Propose Gas Station" which (if .checked) initiates a route to the nearest gas station once your fuel light comes on. It asks whether you want to navigate to the nearest gas station even if you have another route active - it may just add a waypoint to an existing route. I thought it worked just fine. Nice addition when in unfamiliar area.

I hope my instructions are sufficient enough as I went off of memory.
      I have the same issue, even with Propose Gas Station checked. Only the low fuel warning as before.
      Any ideas?

Yes, but in my case after Gracenote update was finished, the installs worked.
      2017 XC90 T8

Quote Originally Posted by 26GAP View Post
      Had the update done shortly before a 2,500+ mile trip in my MY16 with PAII. Still not overly impressed with PAII, it seems to wander a bit and not a centered in the lane as I would hope. I certainly do not have sufficient confidence in it to let it have primary control.
      I did have an enhanced issue with receiving the "Windscreen Sensor Blocked", which resulted in disabling PA and ACC, forcing a fallback to standard cruise control. Also, at the end of the trip, I started receiving continuous Wiper Failure messages along with it's melodious chime every 5 seconds to 5 minutes.
      I do like the new GUI theme in the center stack as well as the health check in the center gauges at startup.

I had the continuous Wiper Failure messages about 1 month ago. They stopped after a couple of weeks for some reason. I mentioned it to the dealer when dropping off to get the Sensus 2.0 update. I figured it was a SW-related issue since the messages had stopped. However, they ended up replacing a part for the wipers (don't recall what at the moment) so the messages were related to a mechanical problem, not SW.

till not overly impressed with PAII, it seems to wander a bit and not a centered in the lane as I would hope.
      Are you sure it's just wandering? Mine adjusts within the lane based on what's going on in the other lanes. For example, if a car is coming up quickly behind on the left and the right shoulder is clear it rides the shoulder line. If a car is stopped on the shoulder ahead, it moves to the left side of the lane.

It does have issues sometimes. Hard curves where the lines go unviewable because of a center barrier can cause issues. So can the top of hills. So can fading lines.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

How did you know the gracenote update was finished?

How did you know the gracenote update was finished?
      You will get a status message indicating Gracenote update installed. I completed on both of our XC90s without issue.
      2016 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Osmium Grey, Blond Int. / Conv. Pkg / Vision Pkg. /Climate Pkg. /20" Rims
      2016 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Black Onyx Metallic, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg. / Vision Pkg. / 20" Rims

Yes, one of our XC90s did have the windscreen issue after the software update. It appeared twice but since then it has not. There was a software install failure when thy first tried and they had to reinstall everything. Then the Intellisafe had to be re-calibrated with took some time. I think the reclaibration may not have been fully complete. But anyway, check and make sure there isn't anything blocking the camera on the windshield. Also, check in between the Intellisafe unit and the windshield because debris and dust can get in there. I ended up using a manual blower (from my DSLR kit) and blew away some particles and since then ..no issues...so far.
      2016 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Osmium Grey, Blond Int. / Conv. Pkg / Vision Pkg. /Climate Pkg. /20" Rims
      2016 XC90 Momentum + w/ Polestar & PAII / Black Onyx Metallic, Blond/Charcoal Int. / Conv. Pkg. / Vision Pkg. / 20" Rims

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast