SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when.... - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by lamme27 View Post
      But does it give the 2016 XC90 model Android Auto?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      No. This does not change the issues with single / dual port USB and the ability to retrofit a single port USB. That issue is completely related to power requirements and certification from Google. I think I read that an adapter or retrofit kit was in the works, but I can't seem to remember where or when it would be out.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I wish the new map update would show traffic info like on Google maps.
      If you do not have a SIM or you have some kind of issue with your SIM (not having a data plan with the ATT Volvo SIM is OK) then you won't be able to get internet based traffic. However, you should still be able to see satellite based traffic updates.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      What do you mean you are in the process? What package do you mean?
      When updating these vehicles, I have to download the software package from Volvo to my computer and then shoot it to the vehicle via ethernet cable. It is now completed and I am playing with the update on my S90.

Quote Originally Posted by superluxus View Post
      Can some of you how have done the upgrade post some pictures of the new main screen layout and instrument cluster? Any bugs found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I will do my best to share any bugs but for pictures, please see the link I posted in the OP. It shows everything that was changed.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What I'm most curious to see is whether the music apps no longer report connection error constantly regardless of actual connection status.

Also if the HUD repositioning bug is resolved, but I'm guessing no on that one since the old TJ has not been updated.

Would be nice for the driver display updates to also allow us to display average fuel consumption as an option to trip meters etc at the bottom of the instrument panel screen
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

Oh, one more: would be curious to know whether profile switching is any better. Quicker? Does it still change to a new profile if you open, say, a rear door with the 2nd key even when the driver has already turned on the vehicle with their key, and has it with them in the driver's​ seat?

Hey there's now a low fuel indicator for that crowd! No more forum threads about that! Rejoice!!

Quote Originally Posted by bure10 View Post
      Hey there's now a low fuel indicator for that crowd! No more forum threads about that! Rejoice!!
      Not just the indicator, which we had, but easy nav to the closest station.

Quote Originally Posted by
      Not sure why they would say this. This should apply to ALL SPA vehicles.... as per the TJ that states "ALL 90 SERIES". I think you were misled.
      [I
      I'm not entirely sure, why they said that, they said they didn't even hear of the TJ number. I'm sure they just didn't want to deal with it. Hard to find a decent Volvo dealer on Long Island, Huntington and Karp have both let me down.

I never understand this either, it's not hard for them to figure this information out especially since they're on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      When updating these vehicles, I have to download the software package from Volvo to my computer and then shoot it to the vehicle via ethernet cable. It is now completed and I am playing with the update on my S90.

I will do my best to share any bugs but for pictures, please see the link I posted in the OP. It shows everything that was changed.
      Thanks for the notice and updates.

I'm very curious to know what are your impressions on the loading speed for Pandora, Tune In and Spotify? Any faster? What about the other Internet-connected apps like Yelp, WikiLocation, and Record & Send?

How about the responsiveness of the interface in general? Is there still a 30-60 second period after turning the vehicle on from a cold start before things have settled down? How soon is navigation available after a cold start?

Can seat heat for driver and passenger now be controlled simultaneously or does one menu have to be closed before the other can be set?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      I'm not entirely sure, why they said that, they said they didn't even hear of the TJ number. I'm sure they just didn't want to deal with it. Hard to find a decent Volvo dealer on Long Island, Huntington and Karp have both let me down.
      Rest assured that as soon as you bring your vehicle in and a total upgrade is performed, you will be updated regardless of how ignorant the people you spoke to are. I am sorry I can not do more to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      Thanks for the notice and updates.

I'm very curious to know what are your impressions on the loading speed for Pandora, Tune In and Spotify? Any faster? What about the other Internet-connected apps like Yelp, WikiLocation, and Record & Send?

How about the responsiveness of the interface in general? Is there still a 30-60 second period after turning the vehicle on from a cold start before things have settled down? How soon is navigation available after a cold start?

Can seat heat for driver and passenger now be controlled simultaneously or does one menu have to be closed before the other can be set?
      You will need to give me a few days to know these answers.

It's alright, thank you for the information anyways!

@gunshow

Was the update successful? Any impressions ?

We went from a tiny low fuel warning to:
      "If you select the option in the Navigation settings, once your fuel level has been depleted, you will now receive a low fuel message and the name of the closest gas station with the option to be navigated there so you can fuel up."

Great job, Volvo!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveg74 View Post
      @gunshow

Was the update successful? Any impressions ?

Update to my vehicle was successful and I am impressed with the new system. The UI is much prettier than the previous one. It will take a few drives to get use to it as things are moved around but I think it is for the better. I am impressed.

I will report back tonight after my drive home from work where I get to play with it more in stop/go traffic thanks to Pilot Assist 2.

I added an update to the OP for everyone to see.

Update to my vehicle was successful and I am impressed with the new system. The UI is much prettier than the previous one. It will take a few drives to get use to it as things are moved around but I think it is for the better. I am impressed. I will report back tonight after my drive home from work where I get to play with it more in stop/go traffic thanks to Pilot Assist 2.

Thank you!

2016 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, Savile Grey, B&W, Vision, Convenience, HUD, 4C Air Suspension, PA-II, Pole✦

Quote Originally Posted by Luxobarge View Post
      Thank you!
      +1
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4-2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5-2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Update to my vehicle was successful and I am impressed with the new system. The UI is much prettier than the previous one. It will take a few drives to get use to it as things are moved around but I think it is for the better. I am impressed.

I will report back tonight after my drive home from work where I get to play with it more in stop/go traffic thanks to Pilot Assist 2.

Wow! Lovely stuff. Can't wait to have my updates.

Even on paper, the changes look impressive. I particularly like the new colourful map display.

Thank you very much Volvo. And well done for silently listening to Volvo forum feedback :-)

PS - Gunshow. I noticed also that the driver display settings of minimalist, chrome, power etc have now been carried over to the main Sensus screen as well. I do hope they can be set separately from the driver display ones as I prefer to have detail in Sensus but less in the driver display to maximise the map view inside the driver display. Gunshow, can you confirm if they can be set separately or whether once the display setting has been set, changes are carried over to all other displays?
      Last edited by Seti; 05-08-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Update comments
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

I get the feeling that this is 99.9% visual and organizational and not much performance or bug fixes, no?

I get the feeling that this is 99.9% visual and organizational and not much performance or bug fixes, no?
      There was an article published that indicated there was work preformed to improve responsiveness but nothing quantifying that statement.

Hopefully gunshow and other early adopters can answer this over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      PS - Gunshow. I noticed also that the driver display settings of minimalist, chrome, power etc have now been carried over to the main Sensus screen as well. I do hope they can be set separately from the driver display ones as I prefer to have detail in Sensus but less in the driver display to maximise the map view inside the driver display. Gunshow, can you confirm if they can be set separately or whether once the display setting has been set, changes are carried over to all other displays?
      You can NOT change them individually. That I can confirm.

Response seems quicker but it still has a boot up lag on first start..... although the lag does seem to be less. I will know better in the next few days.

Thanks for the timely and in-depth info. This is great news and IMO is further evidence of Volvo's ongoing commitment to new SPA-generation vehicles and their owners.

I will be curious what effect, if any, the Sensus update will have on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. More specifically, if my phone is connected to USB and Apple CarPlay is active,
      1. will Sensus use the iPhone's Contacts (e.g., for Glympse), and
      2. will Sensus recognize and use the iPhone for a phone call (e.g., if Sensus voice control was inadvertently selected)?

Currently, Apple CarPlay takes over [most/all] of the iPhone functionality, and Sensus does not recognize that a phone is connected even though it really is (physically speaking). Maybe some of these enhanced integrations will be worked out in the future (e.g., wireless [CarPlay). I do not have a current Android - so I am not sure how Android Auto and Sensus will play together.

Anyway, thanks for the continued investments and improvements.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | 22" Summer | et al | TSU installed June 14, 2017 (ACC fix)

Does the update do anything for battery information via VOC on the T8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

This will be the make it or break it for me with this car. This seems like the biggest update yet, and looks promising. But if I will still have to deal with reboots, connectivity issues, hud reset, etc... Then I will most likely move on.

Not enough complaints on here about losing the option of 360 as default. Booooo Federal Regulations, booooooo. And another boooooooo for not allowing Active Aiming Headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by daneo View Post
      Not enough complaints on here about losing the option of 360 as default. Booooo Federal Regulations, booooooo. And another boooooooo for not allowing Active Aiming Headlights.
      Don't forget the pulsing taillights when you're about to get rear-ended that the 90 class cars have in Europe.......Boo on the Bureaucrats who never designed a car......

Quote Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
      This will be the make it or break it for me with this car. This seems like the biggest update yet, and looks promising. But if I will still have to deal with reboots, connectivity issues, hud reset, etc... Then I will most likely move on.
      Usually connectivity has nothing to do with us BUT it could be a faulty connectivity module. The reboots and resets are not common and sound like a failure of some sort. I would get that looked at. I have never had my system reboot or have the HUD reset. I also do not have connectivity issues with my S90.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-08-2017 at 07:50 PM.

The HUD reset is an acknowledged issue with an open TJ.

More than Sensus cosmetics I wonder if Pilot Assist 2 got any better at NOT crossing double yellow line (in US) and driving head on to the oncoming traffic. Interestingly line keeping assist notices that and gives warning vibration, but Pilot Assist seems to use completely separate logic and does not react. New XC60 added steering help to line keeping assist which allows me to hope that resulting system is less susceptible to crossing median.

Let's hope we do not have stupid federal regulations in UK that would lose the 360 as default and if so Volvo have a different update for UK, I use it all the time.
      MY17 XC90 D5 Inscription, Polestar, Osmium Grey, Blond Nappa, Walnut, Xenium, Winter with HUD, Auxiliary Heater, Homelink, Heated Rear Seats, Subwoofer, Android Auto & Apple Car Play, Tinted Windows

Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
      Let's hope we do not have stupid federal regulations in UK that would lose the 360 as default and if so Volvo have a different update for UK, I use it all the time.
      I hope so too. It would still be better if we had two cameras at once (like multitasking on Android or something).

As one of the many who felt like I lost Polestar after a Software update, I'd love to see a message on start up or a setting
      that says "Polestar Detected" or something along those lines.
      2017 XC90 T6 Momentum Plus-Osmium Grey, Charcoal Interior
      Vision/Climate w/HUD/ Convenience/B&W/4-Corner Air Suspension/Factory Polestar/Mud Flaps/Contour Nappa Seats/Front Decor Frames/
      Protection Package Plus/20" 5-Double Spoke Diamond Cut Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by konste View Post
      More than Sensus cosmetics I wonder if Pilot Assist 2 got any better at NOT crossing double yellow line (in US) and driving head on to the oncoming traffic. Interestingly line keeping assist notices that and gives warning vibration, but Pilot Assist seems to use completely separate logic and does not react. New XC60 added steering help to line keeping assist which allows me to hope that resulting system is less susceptible to crossing median.
      +1. After my most recent update (April 17), PA2 has reduced functionality as it did prior to the update. Random disengagement on clearly marked roads, not working on roads it use to have no issue with.
      16 XC90 T6 Inscription
      12 VW Eos Executive
      04 Land Rover Discovery

Usually connectivity has nothing to do with us BUT it could be a faulty connectivity module. The reboots and resets are not common and sound like a failure of some sort. I would get that looked at. I have never had my system reboot or have the HUD reset. I also do not have connectivity issues with my S90.
      The reboots and resets plague many vehicles. There are entire threads dedicated to this problem. The situation is so bad on my XC90 that I've resorted to avoiding the internet based apps altogether and have indefinitely turned off the vehicle's internal modem. This does prevent the reboots from occurring, but it's hardly a good solution. If this update doesn't fix these reboot issues, then it's all just window dressing as far as I'm concerned.
      2016 Volvo XC90 Momentum+ (Crystal White Metallic / Amber)
      2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast