SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when.... - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 425
    1. #71
      Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
      The reboots and resets plague many vehicles. There are entire threads dedicated to this problem. The situation is so bad on my XC90 that I've resorted to avoiding the internet based apps altogether and have indefinitely turned off the vehicle's internal modem. This does prevent the reboots from occurring, but it's hardly a good solution. If this update doesn't fix these reboot issues, then it's all just window dressing as far as I'm concerned.
      I work on SPA vehicles daily and rarely ever see a complaint about the IHU rebooting. Consider how many are sold and how many people complain about the reboot on here. I bet it is minimal and if it is rebooting, it should be at the dealership getting fixed. This is not a common issue.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      Junior Member gmoney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      MD, USA
      Posts
      261
      Thanks for this!

      Appointment scheduled for Monday.

      V I L M A
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ [4/16 Build - Delivered Sep 2016]
      Onyx Black & Amber
      Polestar✦ | 20"s | Convenience | Vision | Climate w/ HUD | Bowers&Wilkins | Towing Pkg | Booster | Protection Plus | Apple CarPlay | Pilot Assist 2

    4. #73
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      I work on SPA vehicles daily and rarely ever see a complaint about the IHU rebooting. Consider how many are sold and how many people complain about the reboot on here. I bet it is minimal and if it is rebooting, it should be at the dealership getting fixed. This is not a common issue.
      I have a question that's a little bit off topic, do the 2017s and on have a different exhaust system then the 2016? My 2016 has a higher pitch noise while the 2017 S90 and 2017 XC90 I drove had a more deep pronounced note to it. I see your an expert level volvo technician so who better to ask! Thanks!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #74
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      I work on SPA vehicles daily and rarely ever see a complaint about the IHU rebooting. Consider how many are sold and how many people complain about the reboot on here. I bet it is minimal and if it is rebooting, it should be at the dealership getting fixed. This is not a common issue.
      It is not minimal, there are lots of cases here, but nobody takes it to the dealership because there is no known fix (unless this update takes care of the reboots)

    7. #75
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Northville, MI
      Posts
      61
      Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      It is not minimal, there are lots of cases here, but nobody takes it to the dealership because there is no known fix (unless this update takes care of the reboots)
      My rebooting issue stays away as long as I don't shut the Sensus down with one of the streaming apps playing. As soon as I leave Pandora on at shutdown I'll start getting reboots again.
      Chuck

      2017 S90 T6 Inscription, Black Stone/Black, Air Suspension, P* Tune
      2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD Ultimate, Caspian Black/Charcoal

    8. #76
      Quote Originally Posted by ckon View Post
      My rebooting issue stays away as long as I don't shut the Sensus down with one of the streaming apps playing. As soon as I leave Pandora on at shutdown I'll start getting reboots again.
      +1
      XC90 Inscription - Osmium Grey - Vision - Climate - Convenience - Bowers & Wilkins - 21" Wheels

    9. #77
      Junior Member Joshuco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      40
      Called again to Huntington Volvo and they "don't have it yet", I don't understand what the problem is.

    10. #78
      Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      It is not minimal, there are lots of cases here, but nobody takes it to the dealership because there is no known fix (unless this update takes care of the reboots)
      So you're saying people are complaining about their vehicles without getting their vehicles fixed? Without getting total upgrades performed to them? I can't help silliness.

      I do know that my customers do not have such issues because every Volvo that comes into our shop has total upgrades/Service 2.0's performed at no charge. Maybe that is why I only saw a reboot complaint once or twice in a year.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-09-2017 at 12:32 PM.

    11. #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      Called again to Huntington Volvo and they "don't have it yet", I don't understand what the problem is.
      There is no "getting" the update. It's a part of the service 2.0 or total upgrade software packages. Please read the update on my original post.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-09-2017 at 12:33 PM.

    12. #80
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Southern California, USA
      Posts
      91
      Quote Originally Posted by ckon View Post
      My rebooting issue stays away as long as I don't shut the Sensus down with one of the streaming apps playing. As soon as I leave Pandora on at shutdown I'll start getting reboots again.
      That is exactly what happens to me when I turn off the car while playing Spotify. So I always try and switch to FM or Sirius just before turning off car!!!

      Shouldn't have to....

      Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

    13. #81
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      So you're saying people are complaining about their vehicles without getting their vehicles fixed? Without getting total upgrades performed to them? I can't help silliness.
      The problem started a month or so ago, and the "supposed" fix was announced unexpectedly yesterday. And I said supposed fix because it is not confirmed that it addresses the reboot problems. So yes, a lot of people have been complaining about the reboots knowing that there was nothing they could do until a new update was available. Just read the forum and see how many people is complaining about the same problem.

    14. #82
      Quote Originally Posted by sdedson View Post
      That is exactly what happens to me when I turn off the car while playing Spotify. So I always try and switch to FM or Sirius just before turning off car!!!

      Shouldn't have to....

      Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
      I've had the reboot issue for the past month or so. I don't stream, but typically the reboot is when playing media from USB input. It also seems to occur when starting the car after a short stop (30 mins).

    15. #83
      Junior Member Seti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Afrique du Sud
      Posts
      254
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorVolvo View Post
      I've had the reboot issue for the past month or so. I don't stream, but typically the reboot is when playing media from USB input. It also seems to occur when starting the car after a short stop (30 mins).
      The USB must be the biggest culprit here because I experience a screen reboot mainly when I use USB tethering to connect my car to the internet so I could use it for map RTTI. Although occurrence is rare, it happens again after prolonged use of the ipod
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

    16. #84
      Junior Member Joshuco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      40
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      There is no "getting" the update. It's a part of the service 2.0 or total upgrade software packages. Please read the update on my original post.
      I ended up calling Karp Volvo and they scheduled the appointment for Friday, I just don't think Huntington was in the loop.

    17. #85
      Junior Member Seti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Afrique du Sud
      Posts
      254
      My wish is that in the next Sensus update, Volvo should at least allow the rearview facing camera to remain active regardless of speed as I found today how useful that option would have been for me had it been there.

      For example, my car was filled to the roof with many inflated balloons for my son's birthday and I could not see through the rear window, and I lamented having to rely only on the side mirrors for rear vision.

      I disagree that the rear camera is a safety risk. In fact, I disagree that both the front and the rear re safety risks. We're seasoned drivers, and Volvo should reconsider this limitation as the rear camera can be seen in the same way the rearview mirror is. We don't go driving looking at our rearview mirrors for prolonged periods. And the same argument goes for the front cameras, even if we assume there are foolish drivers, the frontview camera is still looking forwards in the direction of the car. I can understand Volvo disabling the 360degree view but not directly the front or rear camera.

      At best, rethink the rearview mirror option then please Volvo
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

    18. #86
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      East TN
      Posts
      88
      Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      My wish is that in the next Sensus update, Volvo should at least allow the rearview facing camera to remain active regardless of speed as I found today how useful that option would have been for me had it been there.

      For example, my car was filled to the roof with many inflated balloons for my son's birthday and I could not see through the rear window, and I lamented having to rely only on the side mirrors for rear vision.

      I disagree that the rear camera is a safety risk. In fact, I disagree that both the front and the rear re safety risks. We're seasoned drivers, and Volvo should reconsider this limitation as the rear camera can be seen in the same way the rearview mirror is. We don't go driving looking at our rearview mirrors for prolonged periods. And the same argument goes for the front cameras, even if we assume there are foolish drivers, the frontview camera is still looking forwards in the direction of the car. I can understand Volvo disabling the 360degree view but not directly the front or rear camera.

      At best, rethink the rearview mirror option then please Volvo
      In your example, I find when your side mirrors are properly adjusted they compensate for lack of visibility in your rear view mirror. This would be the same as someone driving a tractor trailer or a large RV.

    19. #87
      Member reeg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Fort Worth, TX
      Posts
      1,396
      Quote Originally Posted by 8675 309 View Post
      In your example, I find when your side mirrors are properly adjusted they compensate for lack of visibility in your rear view mirror. This would be the same as someone driving a tractor trailer or a large RV.
      Nor do I think US regulations will impact cars outside the US.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

    20. #88
      Junior Member Seti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      Afrique du Sud
      Posts
      254
      Quote Originally Posted by 8675 309 View Post
      In your example, I find when your side mirrors are properly adjusted they compensate for lack of visibility in your rear view mirror. This would be the same as someone driving a tractor trailer or a large RV.
      Guess you're right, except the difference there being that if some foolish driver comes racing fast behind you, you can't easily see them in one look through the blocked rearview mirror. Maybe those trucks don't care much about rear bashing as the basher will probably kill themselves without affecting the truck or large trailer :-)

      Moral of the story, don't overfill your boot to block out the rear window for your peace of mind and driving till by some gracious miracle Volvo updates Sensus to allow rearview camera without speed limitations
      Last edited by Seti; 05-09-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: correct word
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

    21. #89
      I suffer from serial reboots usually 2-3 consecutive times when it happens. It just started about 2 months ago and I haven't had an update since January. Happens about once a week.

    22. #90
      Member Oceans60R's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Charlotte, NC
      Posts
      1,941
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      So you're saying people are complaining about their vehicles without getting their vehicles fixed? Without getting total upgrades performed to them? I can't help silliness.

      I do know that my customers do not have such issues because every Volvo that comes into our shop has total upgrades/Service 2.0's performed at no charge. Maybe that is why I only saw a reboot complaint once or twice in a year.
      FALSE

      My brothers XC90 has been getting Service 2.0 upgrades every time there is one available and he still experiences reboots. This current update is supposed to address that issue. We will see.
      2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

    23. #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      I ended up calling Karp Volvo and they scheduled the appointment for Friday, I just don't think Huntington was in the loop.
      I go to Karp also since I purchased from them. If you don't mind what did you ask regarding update and did you speak to Mark or Ted?
      2016 XC90 T6|Inscription|Onyx Black w Amber|Convenience|Vision|Climate|21" 8 Spoke|CarPlay|Headliner|Booster|

    24. #92
      Junior Member gweempose's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      632
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      So you're saying people are complaining about their vehicles without getting their vehicles fixed? Without getting total upgrades performed to them? I can't help silliness.

      I do know that my customers do not have such issues because every Volvo that comes into our shop has total upgrades/Service 2.0's performed at no charge. Maybe that is why I only saw a reboot complaint once or twice in a year.
      I just had all of the latest updates done to my car a couple weeks ago, and the reboots actually got worse.
      2016 Volvo XC90 Momentum+ (Crystal White Metallic / Amber)
      2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

    25. #93
      Junior Member Joshuco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Long Island
      Posts
      40
      Quote Originally Posted by saint25 View Post
      I go to Karp also since I purchased from them. If you don't mind what did you ask regarding update and did you speak to Mark or Ted?
      I actually didn't speak to either one, I believe I spoke with the service receptionist, she out me on hold for a moment to figure out what I wanted. We'll see how this goes on Friday!

    26. #94
      Junior Member Aw9nineteen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      267
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      My pleasure. I love my job and I love what Volvo Cars does/stands for. I am here to ensure other customers see how hard us good technicians take care of our customers and care about them as they are our lively hood.
      Love to hear that. Sometimes you guys are so hard to find lol. I end up explaining stuff to my dealership. I think they should have their SA's monitor this site or something.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      I'm not entirely sure, why they said that, they said they didn't even hear of the TJ number. I'm sure they just didn't want to deal with it. Hard to find a decent Volvo dealer on Long Island, Huntington and Karp have both let me down.
      Go to the GM


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      My wish is that in the next Sensus update, Volvo should at least allow the rearview facing camera to remain active regardless of speed as I found today how useful that option would have been for me had it been there.

      For example, my car was filled to the roof with many inflated balloons for my son's birthday and I could not see through the rear window, and I lamented having to rely only on the side mirrors for rear vision.

      I disagree that the rear camera is a safety risk. In fact, I disagree that both the front and the rear re safety risks. We're seasoned drivers, and Volvo should reconsider this limitation as the rear camera can be seen in the same way the rearview mirror is. We don't go driving looking at our rearview mirrors for prolonged periods. And the same argument goes for the front cameras, even if we assume there are foolish drivers, the frontview camera is still looking forwards in the direction of the car. I can understand Volvo disabling the 360degree view but not directly the front or rear camera.

      At best, rethink the rearview mirror option then please Volvo
      From what I remember from when I was contemplating a Tesla, they allow the rear view camera to be available at all times.

      I have never had a reboot. But I don't use any of the apps either, if I want good Nav or Music I plug in my iPhone and use Music or Apple Maps.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Paradox; 05-09-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Merged

    27. #95
      All these rebootb complaints are news too me. My S90 has never rebooted and I use both usb parts for iPod touch and Apple Car play with my iPhone 7. On top of this, I have not had a customer complain about this phenomena this whole year. Apparently my car and other cars in this area are immune.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

    28. #96
      Quote Originally Posted by Aw9nineteen View Post
      I have never had a reboot. But I don't use any of the apps either, if I want good Nav or Music I plug in my iPhone and use Music or Apple Maps.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I don't use apps either. Perhaps this is the problem. Outside apps crashing the internal system. That would mean it's not Volvos problem to fix. If this is the case, it would be like hating ios on the iPad because Pandora crashes your iPad. Not the products fault or the operating systems fault.
      Last edited by gunshow; 05-09-2017 at 08:19 PM.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

    29. #97
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,161
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      I don't use apps either. Perhaps this is the problem. Outside apps crashing the internal system. That would mean it's not Volvos problem to fix.
      That is adorable.

    30. #98
      Junior Member tillsbury's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      248
      Great stuff so far.

      Question 1: You mention that automatic selection of 360 camera is disabled due to federal regulations. Does this apply to other markets too? That would be a great shame for no good reason.

      Question 2: Any progress on reserving less than a quarter of the screen's real estate for confirming that I have a mobile phone?

    31. #99
      Member phillipu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Location
      United States
      Posts
      1,407
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      I don't use apps either. Perhaps this is the problem. Outside apps crashing the internal system. That would mean it's not Volvos problem to fix. If this is the case, it would be like hating ios on the iPad because Pandora crashes your iPad. Not the products fault or the operating systems fault.
      I appreciate your insight and inside view on things, and not to detract from your technical expertise with our vehicles, however, it is fairly apparent that all of the apps provided in our vehicles are written by Volvo or under Volvo's direction using the APIs that the respective service providers find. This is very common on a number of other platforms that provide services from Spotify, Pandora, etc.

      Those third party companies while sometimes surfeit with revenue and technical expertise don't always have enough resources to devote to each and every platform that they'd like to be on so they rely on the developers of those platforms (or their designees) to implement an API that is made available to them. Additionally, to ensure a consistent interface among the competing apps requires some level of involvement by Volvo. I imagine that at best, the third parties made resources available to help with mapping their APIs to the Volvo app framework and let the Volvo developers package it up and distribute it.

      There does seem to be a common thread that the Internet-enabled apps are related to the reboots that many are experiencing. In contrast, apps such as Driver Performance and Travel Link are notably unaffected and work very quickly. Whether this problem exists at the app level or at the network stack is unknown to us since there's no way to investigate such things in a closed system like Sensus although the low hanging fruit from a troubleshooting perspective is that there is a flaw at the network level. I do hope they've fixed it and look forward to yours and others' reports on their experiences with the apps on the new Sensus.

    32. #100
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      606
      Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      My brothers XC90 has been getting Service 2.0 upgrades every time there is one available and he still experiences reboots.
      Same here
      2016 XC90 T6 Polestar✦ Momentum+ - Ember Black/Amber/Charcoal HL - Vision/Convenience/20" Black Alloy Wheels/Booster

    33. #101
      Quote Originally Posted by gunshow View Post
      I don't use apps either. Perhaps this is the problem. Outside apps crashing the internal system. That would mean it's not Volvos problem to fix. If this is the case, it would be like hating ios on the iPad because Pandora crashes your iPad. Not the products fault or the operating systems fault.
      LOL, of course, if the fuel pump fails, it is not Volvos problem to fix, I should complain to Bosch (or whoever manufactures the pump) /s

    34. #102
      For those experiencing reboots (me too), how do you connect Sensus to the internet? I'm going through a Bluetooth hotspot on my iPhone.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    35. #103
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Southern California, USA
      Posts
      91
      Quote Originally Posted by jgentry View Post
      For those experiencing reboots (me too), how do you connect Sensus to the internet? I'm going through a Bluetooth hotspot on my iPhone.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      AT&T free trial period.

      Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

    36. #104
      Quote Originally Posted by sdedson View Post
      AT&T free trial period.
      Well there goes that theory...


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    37. #105
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Location
      Illinois
      Posts
      70
      I'm on a '17. Never had a reboot issue until today. Was trying to put in navigation. As soon as it started, the voice got stuck in a loop. "Wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi-wi" until Sensus shut down (and my dash). Had to park my car. It rebooted, went through nav again, and it rebooted 2 or 3 times more. I finally shut my car off, opened the door, closed it, then waited and turned back on and was fine after that. Very strange.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast