SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when....
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

SENSUS UPDATE is official and here is when....

Please see the thread I started under the XC90 SPA.... here is a link

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post5360794

Here is the gist....

Straight from the TJ that was released today 5-8-17 and states:

"Beginning Monday May 8th, 2017 there will be a major software upgrade available for the Sensus infotainment system in all 90-series vehicles. This software upgrade will
      include an update to the layout of the vehicle's center display and some minor visual upgrade to the instrument cluster display."

Questions? See this link https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9837

PLEASE NOTE: Due to new upcoming Federal Regulations, the Park Assist camera must default to the standard back up view. Once you have the update performed, you will not be able to set the default camera view to the 360 degree camera.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Maybe this explains why the download service has been down for 2 weeks on my car.

So how many of you do your own downloads?
      2017 Volvo S90 T6
      2015 Lexus GS 350
      2000 BMW Z3, 2.5

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Got the new update, it's bigger and simpler all over the place. I kind of like it, more like an Android Auto style interface now. Download service still broken, not real happy about that, so I literally have no streaming services to choose from in the car other than bluetooth.

Also, I noticed the nice sound stage options for B&W owners is missed or has been moved. I didn't really appreciate that, the sound stages were nice presets.

>>Edit: found the sound experience stuff, it was moved. Fixed the no connection for the download service by initiating the dreaded factory reset and had to reconfigure everything, but it's all good now.
      Last edited by Afrosheen; 05-12-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrosheen View Post
      Also, I noticed the nice sound stage options for B&W owners is missed or has been moved. I didn't really appreciate that, the sound stages were nice presets.

>>Edit: found the sound experience stuff, it was moved. Fixed the no connection for the download service by initiating the dreaded factory reset and had to reconfigure everything, but it's all good now.
      Glad you found it. I am not sure why it was moved but I dont mind. I dont really adjust it that often.
      Expert Level Volvo Technician and MY17 S90 T5 FWD owner

It was more logical where it was, but overall I like the new look and feel. I don't adjust it often but if I have guests I'll change it.

So if I call up the dealership and schedule an appointment just to do this software update, is that free? Or does it have to be in combination with other service?
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

It's free, every time I catch wind of a software update I schedule service.

It seems like you do have to call, too. When you go to the Car Status app and choose to schedule service, it says you need to select a service center on the web first or something to that extent. But it doesn't seem like there is a My Volvo website for those of us in the US.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      So if I call up the dealership and schedule an appointment just to do this software update, is that free? Or does it have to be in combination with other service?
      You have to have a complaint with the Sensus. At this time, there is no free Sensus update even if your car is in for a 10k service.

It's free, every time I catch wind of a software update I schedule service.
      Not this one.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

Fortunate that Sensus keeps rebooting on me every few days mid-drive then.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Fortunate that Sensus keeps rebooting on me every few days mid-drive then.
      Then you'll get it. I quite like the new update.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

Found a major change the update has made to my car involving safety. The car can now be driven without the drivers seat belt engaged. As much as it was a pain in the ass to put the belt on just to move the car a few feet, it does surprise me that Volvo moved backwards on this and made the change.

Huh? My car has always been drive-able without the seat belt. You just have to have Auto Brake Hold disabled.

No, was not a auto brake issue. the car would not move unless the seat belt was latched. Although i did learn that it was only active when the auto-brake was on, I also learned this was corrected with a previous update which actually came out about the same time as my car was built.

This site always has the best info.

Aha, well, I guess the free service for the duration of my lease includes Sensus updates, and it sucks others may end up paying for it, but until it starts acting right on a consistent basis Volvo should keep servicing it free of charge. It's not like buying a new OS for your computer every few months, it's a half-baked ICE system that's tied into every system and was incomplete a year ago.

I've got to get this update just to be able to move my car a few feet without having my seatbelt on. There's nothing like stopping at the end of the driveway to get the mail and having to put my seatbelt on to drive down the driveway. I've been having problems with Sensus anyway, so this will be the motivation to take the car into the dealer.
      2017 Volvo S90 T6
      2015 Lexus GS 350
      2000 BMW Z3, 2.5

I got too excited too soon. The navigation bug it shipped with in November is back (nav thinks I'm miles away from my actual location) and it's forgetting to enable the onboard internet. It's also forgetting the auto wiper setting. Frustrating to see these bugs back, to say the least.

I got too excited too soon. The navigation bug it shipped with in November is back (nav thinks I'm miles away from my actual location) and it's forgetting to enable the onboard internet. It's also forgetting the auto wiper setting. Frustrating to see these bugs back, to say the least.
      Are these well know bugs?
      2017 Volvo S90 T6
      2015 Lexus GS 350
      2000 BMW Z3, 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Llefty View Post
      Are these well know bugs?
      I doubt it. These could be specific to the S90 and since nobody bought one, there's not a large pool of data to mine. That said, the nav magically fixed itself yesterday, at the cost of deleting my credentials for the Spotify app. HUD still keeps randomly adjusting itself too high, which has been a problem all along; sometimes more often, sometimes less, between updates.

The wiper thing was a "my bad" moment. When I had to do the factory reset to force it to act right, it lost that option. You literally have to check a box to tell the car to remember the auto wiper setting, and that box had been unchecked from the reset. I'm glad I solved that.

Volvo S90, a car you must tinker with!

I doubt it. These could be specific to the S90 and since nobody bought one, there's not a large pool of data to mine. That said, the nav magically fixed itself yesterday, at the cost of deleting my credentials for the Spotify app. HUD still keeps randomly adjusting itself too high, which has been a problem all along; sometimes more often, sometimes less, between updates.

The wiper thing was a "my bad" moment. When I had to do the factory reset to force it to act right, it lost that option. You literally have to check a box to tell the car to remember the auto wiper setting, and that box had been unchecked from the reset. I'm glad I solved that.

Volvo S90, a car you must tinker with!
      Ok, one last update. The wonky problems I was having mysteriously solved themselves. I don't know if it was a stealth update over the air or what, but for 2 weeks or so now, the following nagging problems have been working as expected.

1. HUD randomly changing position (always going up higher) = ok now
      2. Navigation has no idea where I am, thinks I am miles away = ok now
      3. Vehicle internet either doesn't turn itself on even though it's enabled, or is on and won't work, or turns itself off for fun = ok now

I did notice the day that everything started going well, I had to re-enter my credentials for the Spotify app, so something definitely happened to the system without my intervention. But since that day it has been flawless. I don't get it, but whatever, I'm more pleased than ever with Sensus after the hassles it has given me.

24. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements