2011 XC60 FWD 3.2 - Tire Recommendations
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2011 XC60 FWD 3.2 - Tire Recommendations

I am looking for good value tires that will provide a smooth ride for my 2011 XC60 FWD. On my last car, a 2005 s40, I had the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's (and before that nicer Michelins) which gave me a smooth ride with good control. However, I only drive less than 5k miles a year now so I'm wondering if there are other cheaper options I should be considering.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just got the Michelin Premier LTX a couple of weeks ago. They are great, and were the highest rated at Tire Rack. I got them from Costco and right now they have a special for $70 off. Not only are they much smoother than the OEM Pirellis, but road noise is much less. Very happy with these tires.
      2012 Volvo XC60 3.2 FWD.

+1 for Michelin LTX and also +1 for Conti DWS 06.

Both are excellent tires. Will probably get the LTX for the xc90 when it needs new shoes soon.
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, K-Pax Exhaust, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Intake Resonator Delete, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the recommendations. How much are the Michelin LTX tires going for at Costco? I don't have a membership but know plenty of people who do.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynVolvoOwner View Post
      Thanks for the recommendations. How much are the Michelin LTX tires going for at Costco? I don't have a membership but know plenty of people who do.
      $625.96 plus taxes & fees. $70 off coupon expires 05/21/2017.
      2015.5 V60 Polestar BSM #46 (SOLD)
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, lowered, swaybar, Koni FSD
      2006 V70R 6M
      ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
      $625.96 plus taxes & fees. $70 off coupon expires 05/21/2017.
      Thank you.

Our new Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus' are the smoothest and have been outstanding in the rain. They also helped lighten the somewhat heavy steering in our non-electric and non-variable spec'd XC. They are at least twice the tire that the OEM Michelins were. I gave that barely used set away to the Sam's Club tire installer.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Our new Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus' are the smoothest and have been outstanding in the rain. They also helped lighten the somewhat heavy steering in our non-electric and non-variable spec'd XC. They are at least twice the tire that the OEM Michelins were. I gave that barely used set away to the Sam's Club tire installer.
      Thanks for the recommendations. I decided to go with Scorpion Verde All Season Plus. I could not find the Continental DWS in the size I needed, and not being a Costco member, I was seeing Michelin LTX prices much higher than are available there. It was easier to have the Pirellis Scorpion Verde All Season Plus shipped right to my house.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements