What to expect re Canadian pricing - West Coast.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

What to expect re Canadian pricing - West Coast.

Being a potential newcomer to the Volvo family I'm trying to get an idea re pricing.

I plan to order MY2018 XC60 or V90CC in late summer and am somewhat expecting having to pay close to MSRP, if not MSRP, since I'm not buying what dealer may have in stock.

Not much competition in my neck of the woods (Vancouver) would be another 'strike' against some possible discount.

However, thought I'd ask. If I have to pay MSRP, so be it... I just don't want to be the only one

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hwitten View Post
      However, thought I'd ask. If I have to pay MSRP, so be it... I just don't want to be the only one
      LOL, I don't think there's much danger of that. I've got a V90 on order for delivery in August and I fully expect to pay MSRP. Not really happy about it but I just don't feel that I have any bargaining leverage. My wife and I just want the car worse than the annoyance of the cost. No leverage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sawitt View Post
      LOL, I don't think there's much danger of that. I've got a V90 on order for delivery in August and I fully expect to pay MSRP. Not really happy about it but I just don't feel that I have any bargaining leverage. My wife and I just want the car worse than the annoyance of the cost. No leverage at all.
      I decided years ago that fixating on how much below you save off MSRP will ruin your experience with the car until the day you sell it and beyond...a few hundred dollars of savings isn't worth the stress of trying to get the "best" deal, walk away knowing you got a great ride and paid a reasonable price.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

...If I have to pay MSRP, so be it... I just don't want to be the only one

Me, too. I just ordered a V90 OSD and the price was MSRP, with a very little off a couple accessories (e.g., a "RED KEY").
      Last edited by Mr Timewise; 05-11-2017 at 11:14 PM.

I plan to order MY2018 XC60 or V90CC in late summer and am somewhat expecting having to pay close to MSRP, if not MSRP, since I'm not buying what dealer may have in stock.
      If you're buying a car that was traded from another dealer, maybe that will be the case.

If the vehicle has to be ordered, that means the dealership actually has a much lower overhead in terms of the cost of insuring and maintaining the vehicle while it sits on the lot.

You are in a strong negotiating position when ordering a vehicle from Volvo as long as there are other dealers who would compete for the order.

I would just try to negotiate your discount before you put down your deposit, though. Say something like "I'd like to buy from your dealership, but my order is contingent on your agreeing to x under MSRP" or "to having a payment of no than x with y down." And if you'll be financing or leasing, make sure you talk to them about what the payment will be at MSRP before you start talking discount, that way you know what the monthly payment is based upon MSRP (before your discount). They may try to manipulate the numbers to make up for lost profit by increasing fees or the money factor or interest rate. You want to know something is up when they say "Okay, we're $50,000 below MSRP but your monthly payment is still the same as it was at MSRP." And make sure your deposit is refundable for any reason and make sure you get it in writing.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Timewise View Post
      Me, too. I just ordered a V90 OSD and the price was MSRP, with a very little off a couple accessories (e.g., a "RED KEY").
      Without even asking, we got $3500 off MSRP with our V90 CC OSD, $600 of that being the B&W stereo upgrade and $995 being waiving the destination charge.

Quote Originally Posted by murrays View Post
      Without even asking, we got $3500 off MSRP with our V90 CC OSD, $600 of that being the B&W stereo upgrade and $995 being waiving the destination charge.
      I thought OSD pricing wasn't negotiable, as it's already discounted?
      Present rides:
      13 Volvo XC70 T6 w/ Platinum, Climate, BLIS (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by Surf NH View Post
      I thought OSD pricing wasn't negotiable, as it's already discounted?
      Perhaps I misunderstood the post I replied to...I read it as Mr Timewise got very little discount with his OSD order. I was relaying that we got $3500 off which I believe is more than "very little". Perhaps the non CC discount is less.

And you are correct, there was no negotiating. I doubt we wouldn't have had much negotiating room regardless of OSD since we were literally the first to drive the first V90 the dealer had seen. The fabrication oil hadn't even burned off the exhaust before we drove it.

ahh no problem, sometime we'll try OSD, but in the past we've always gotten good pricing locally. In this case, we've got another 15k miles to put on our '13 XC, so we'll see what the inventory situation is at our local dealer at that time and my expectation is they'll be some discounts to be had.
      Present rides:
      13 Volvo XC70 T6 w/ Platinum, Climate, BLIS (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70

I think the OSD price list for the V90 does not have a discount off the US MSRP as of the latest OSD "Volvo MC31 V90 Tourist" price list. And, as mentioned there is no negotiating. Of course, the $995 delivery cost is not added, and we do get the flight for two and other bits that are part of the OSD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Volv...0+Tourist+cars

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements