Driver's Door Won't Lock At Times
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Driver's Door Won't Lock At Times

I've had an issue with the Driver's door on my 2013 S60 RD. At times, when I get out and attempt to lock the car by touching the driver's door handle...nothing happens. I can lock the car by using any of the other three door handles. Once locked, I have NEVER had a problem unlocking the car by using the driver's door handle.

I've tried cleaning it really well, but, that hasn't helped, and I don't know if there is anything else I can do.

Does this just mean a trip to the dealer to get a new door handle under warranty?

Thanks!
      Gmouse

Denver, CO
      2013 Volvo S60 RDesign Electric Silver

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Happens on my V60 as well ... it has not been annoying enough to go to the dealer for a warranty repair. But if it continues, I no doubt will.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD (3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
      Happens on my V60 as well ... it has not been annoying enough to go to the dealer for a warranty repair. But if it continues, I no doubt will.
      This was happening repeatedly with our V60. Several trips and dealers before one found that the early build 2015 V60s had an issue with the module that controlled the keyless unlocking. After two years of putting up with the issue, it finally was fixed.
      The second dealer, Portland Volvo, took the time to research the problem and fix it unlike Orland Park Volvo.
      2015 V60 T5 FWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS
      2012 Camry XLE Hybrid
      1970 Camaro, original owner

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements