Show me your debaged XC60's
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Show me your debadged XC60's

I have been seriously contemplating debaging the rear hatch on my XC60.

Possibly just replacing everything with the larger polestar badge at the back.

Looking for pictures from people who have debagged.
      Last edited by mcmanus; 05-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just did that to my MY15 a couple of weekends ago. No biggie on mine, since it was some sort of rubberized badge. Heat from a hair dryer and it came right off. No residual glue or goo.

This is what was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyE View Post
      I just did that to my MY15 a couple of weekends ago. No biggie on mine, since it was some sort of rubberized badge. Heat from a hair dryer and it came right off. No residual glue or goo.

This is what was removed.
      That has to be the worst dealer sticker I have ever seen. What I am talking about is removing all the lettering though... the V O L V O, XC60 and engine designation.

Luckily our dealer just uses a license plate frame that's easily swapped.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      What I am talking about is removing all the lettering though... the V O L V O, XC60 and engine designation.
      I would think the VOLVO lettering is pinned. Guessing the T5, T6, etc is not pinned. I give it a 50/50 that the XC60 is pinned. KennyE, you didn't really think that's what he meant by debadge, did you?

99% sure everything on the back of the xc60 (including the chrome strip) is just shiny plastic held on with glue.

i don't think Volvo's used pinned letters in a long time.
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Custom Exhaust, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

The chrome strip on my S80 is held with adhesive tape but it also continues to the handle area. Not pinned per se but I don't know if it'd be noticeable if it was removed. The letters definitely aren't attached with anything but adhesive tape.
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

The chrome strip is as you guys mentioned just adhesives on.

I had that replaced with the polestar performance parts one (gloss black).

None of the badges are pinned as I have seen some debadged XC60s that have removed various elements but not one that has removed all

I wasn't recommending that one "de badge" the chrome strip, just pointing out that it's all just plastic and glue (luxury!) hehe
      2014 XC60 T6 - P* Tune, DO88 FMIC, Ferrita DP, TSW Bathurst w/ Conti DWS06, R-Design Suspension, IPD Rear Sway, Custom Exhaust, Morimoto D2S 4.0 HID Projectors, Skeletonized Airbox, Powerflex Bushings, Colder NGK Plugs
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport - IPD Sways/Subframe Inserts/Strut Bar Conversion, Stoptech Rotors
      For Sale: CHEAP! 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Sway Bars / XC60 T6 parts as replaced above

Quote Originally Posted by pengc99 View Post
      2010 T6

Oh Wow!
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

Quote Originally Posted by pengc99 View Post
      2010 T6

That's what I was looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by lbowroom View Post
      I would think the VOLVO lettering is pinned. Guessing the T5, T6, etc is not pinned. I give it a 50/50 that the XC60 is pinned. KennyE, you didn't really think that's what he meant by debadge, did you?
      Yes, I did. Didn't think anyone would want to remove the Volvo badging, just the dealer badges. Live and learn.

Cool, I'm glad I was wrong!

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements