Window tint
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Window tint

Window tint

Anyone else have difficulty finding someone that will tint the car? Took it to three different places, one of them wouldn't touch the car, the other took the car in but called me a few hours later saying they couldn't do it (no explanation), an had to take it to a third place that charged double what the normal rate was to get it done.

Xpel 30% ceramic in the front, stock privacy glass in the rear

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks good! I'm only running stock tint, and I'm happy with the factory dark tint in the rear. If I lived in the south, however, I would do what you did to keep the heat down. No clue why you had trouble. I wouldn't think there is anything specific to the side glass.
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

My MY15 had no tint. We have a great shop in a small town just South of us. He did it, no hassles. I don't recall right now what the warranty actually is, but thinking it's like 10 yrs. Wonder why yours was so hard to get tinted?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Did you ask any of the shops you visited the same question you asked us and if not, why not? They would be the ones to answer. The car in the post looks good from here.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

Did you try asking your dealership? I know some places locally won't touch any luxury vehicles because they don't want the liability if they mess something up. I had to go to 3 places to get some Xpel work done.

I find it interesting that the XC60's don't come with factory tint in the US. Might be MY specific but I know all the 2015's we looked at had factory tint.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      Did you try asking your dealership? I know some places locally won't touch any luxury vehicles because they don't want the liability if they mess something up. I had to go to 3 places to get some Xpel work done.

I find it interesting that the XC60's don't come with factory tint in the US. Might be MY specific but I know all the 2015's we looked at had factory tint.
      Tint laws in the US are extremely variable. Many states do not allow front tint, and a few states do not allow tint anywhere on the car at all. Luckily in Texas you are allowed any darkness on the rear of the car, and up to 30% VLT on the front two windows.

Probably because of the large variability in tint laws in the US, Volvo thought it was easier to just ship cars with no tint on the front two windows to make them legal for most (or all) states.

Quote Originally Posted by pengc99 View Post
      Tint laws in the US are extremely variable. Many states do not allow front tint, and a few states do not allow tint anywhere on the car at all. Luckily in Texas you are allowed any darkness on the rear of the car, and up to 30% VLT on the front two windows.

Probably because of the large variability in tint laws in the US, Volvo thought it was easier to just ship cars with no tint on the front two windows to make them legal for most (or all) states.
      Ah that makes sense! In Canada I believe rear tint is legal in every province with different laws regarding the driver/passenger side front windows.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements