Fuel filter
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Fuel filter

Fuel filter

Does anyone know where the fuel filter is on a T6 3.0 car? VIDA wasn't giving me any useful information, but I was able to find part numbers for an external canister filter.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k

I think the fuel filters are market-dependent nowadays. Not used on the Swedish Volvo-market anyway and I assume the US doesn't have any more dirty fuel than we do, do you?
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know what Volvo does, but on recent BMWs and Mercs the fuel filter is integrated into the fuel pump. Something to do with reducing fugitive evaporative fuel losses and the EPA in the states. Fewer connections to leak with everything in the fuel tank.
      Volvo: 2015.5 XC60 RD Plat. arrest-me red w/ Climate, BLIS & OEM trailer hitch. IPD skid plate & rear sway bar
      Others: 2013 Audi S5, 1957 MG ZB Magnette, 1953 MG TD, 1948 Willys Jeepster, 1935 Ford 5W Dlx Cpe and others

Quote Originally Posted by Azlkk View Post
      I don't know what Volvo does, but on recent BMWs and Mercs the fuel filter is integrated into the fuel pump. Something to do with reducing fugitive evaporative fuel losses and the EPA in the states. Fewer connections to leak with everything in the fuel tank.
      This is correct as well on XC60. No external fuel filter.
      2007 S40 T5

Isn't the filter in the tank just a rough filter for the pump though? It's just a pouch-looking thing, so I don't think the surface area nor filtering capacity is comparable to a real filter.
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing "
      - CrossingCountries

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements