Message: "Start Button Service Required" - 2011 XC60: New York City area
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Message: "Start Button Service Required" - 2011 XC60: New York City area

My car is showing the message "Start Button Service Required." Has anyone received this problem in isolation of any other problems?
      Volvo dealer to see if I need a new start button or to have the programming looked at. I am not likely to do this since the Volvo dealer near me once wanted to charge me $1300 for a repair my mechanic competently fixed for $120.

Are there independent Volvo mechanics out there that can fix this sort of problem? If yes, does anyone know one in the New York City area. I know of two good ones but I'm not sure they work on issues that could be related to programming.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, Mike Owns MB Automotive in Bay Shore. He is a Volvo master tech, left Volvo after a number of years and owns his own garage. It's really nice. A lot of enthusiast use him. I strongly recommend him. I've had him do a lot of work on my 08 C30

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      Yes, Mike Owns MB Automotive in Bay Shore. He is a Volvo master tech, left Volvo after a number of years and owns his own garage. It's really nice. A lot of enthusiast use him. I strongly recommend him. I've had him do a lot of work on my 08 C30
      That's probably an hour and twenty minutes from where I live but great to know he is there. Thank you!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would either arrange to sit and have the work be done same day, or get dropped off at the LIRR and head back into manhattan.
      Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynVolvoOwner View Post
      That's probably an hour and twenty minutes from where I live but great to know he is there. Thank you!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by odiespankers07 View Post
      I would either arrange to sit and have the work be done same day, or get dropped off at the LIRR and head back into manhattan.
      This will be my backup plan. Thanks! My mechanic seems to have fixed the "Start Button Service Required" issue, even though he was sure he didn't. I have since realized that I triggered the problem by accidentally pulling the keys out when the car was running. Now I'm wondering how to reset this if it happens again, without going to a mechanic.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements