Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Volvo On Call Update today

IOS just released 4.0.0 today.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

battery information for T8 is missing, i would not recommend to update.
      2017 T8 , bursting blue, back interior , B/W, convenience, vision, climate, HUD, 22s, air suspension, protection pkg

I'm pleasantly surprised how often it's updated and refreshed. Not perfect, but very glad to see sustained support for the app.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lxyzh View Post
      battery information for T8 is missing, i would not recommend to update.
      Battery info showing up has nothing to do with the APP. The issue is with the car software. I have heard that for the US this was removed during the November '16 update with the intention to be put back as part of the recent Sensus update. Again, not a reason to NOT upgrade the app. Not sure if Canada is any different.

I never had battery info on my MY2017 T8.

What's New in Version 4.0.0
      New in 4.0
      • Visual facelift
      • New tab-bar navigation
      • Improved map experience
      • Owners manual integration

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaVolvo View Post
      Battery info showing up has nothing to do with the APP. The issue is with the car software. I have heard that for the US this was removed during the November '16 update with the intention to be put back as part of the recent Sensus update. Again, not a reason to NOT upgrade the app. Not sure if Canada is any different.
      i always keep my software up to date and till today and before the update, i could see the battery level information from the app, after the updating the app, the information is gone, so i do not quite understand why you tell me it is not related to the APP. the reason for not upgrading is that the functionality of the app is worse than before.
      2017 T8 , bursting blue, back interior , B/W, convenience, vision, climate, HUD, 22s, air suspension, protection pkg

This is actually a really decent update!

Battery info shows up just fine here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorskT8 View Post
      Battery info shows up just fine here.

have you done the May update?

Can someone post a screen shot of the battery charging screen?

Quote Originally Posted by lxyzh View Post
      have you done the May update?
      No, not yet, waiting for my appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
      It's not supposed to be a screen. It's just an additional graph for the battery (like the fuel) and also information about consumption in the driving journal.

Sweet! My preconditioning works on MY17 T6 momentum + finally with this update. Always got an error message in the past. I can schedule it preconditioning too. Awesome!

Doh I hadn't seen this thread and started new one - sorry mods.

VOC is now broken for me, used to work before.

Quote Originally Posted by reeg2 View Post
      I'm pleasantly surprised how often it's updated and refreshed. Not perfect, but very glad to see sustained support for the app.
      To me its a necessity since they charge yearly fees to use it. Being the only way to remote start our cars they better update it constantly and add features. In Canada we only get 6 months free VOC before they ask you to pay up. Imagine if they didn't frequently update it at all during this time. You think anyone would pay just to keep remote start?
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invi-hitch

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      To me its a necessity since they charge yearly fees to use it. Being the only way to remote start our cars they better update it constantly and add features. In Canada we only get 6 months free VOC before they ask you to pay up. Imagine if they didn't frequently update it at all during this time. You think anyone would pay just to keep remote start?
      I don't disagree - but there's hundreds of examples of companies that charge for something that don't update functionality nearly as much as Volvo has...
      So, I stand by my original statement, but you're right, they need to be doing exactly what they're doing.

I'm just surprised as car manufacturers have never been good at building functionality and then keeping it regularly updated.
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

if you post can you post if you've had the update done or not? and if it's working or not? thanks!
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner

Got new update yesterday for MY2017 XC90. All seems well; perhaps a bit more responsive. Update did have new collision avoidance. Will report my experiences after a few days use.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      Here in Holland we have 3 years of VOC included with a new car. After that it is only €40,- per year or €65,- per 2 years.
      The automatic crash-call to VOC and the SOS button is active for 10 years, even after the VOC subscription ends.

Quote Originally Posted by joris View Post
      Here in Holland we have 3 years of VOC included with a new car. After that it is only €40,- per year or €65,- per 2 years.
      The automatic crash-call to VOC and the SOS button is active for 10 years, even after the VOC subscription ends.
      Like Canada, the US only gets six months included. I don't know for sure if the emergency services have a different policy. We pay $200 for an 12-month sub with various other extensions available up to 54-months for $600. So the most economical option is still a little over $130/year.

In comparison, Audi Connect is something like $400/year.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoaVolvo View Post
      This isn't true. I have had battery status since I bought my 2016 in Nov. 2016 with it up to date. Battery status was in app. It did disappear from the app in Feb. but came back a few weeks later. Since seeing people had recently started indicating it was missing I noted that my app kept showing the incorrect charge level. Now, with the updated app, it is completely gone. Will probably be back in a patch update in a week or two, just like last time this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      Like Canada, the US only gets six months included. I don't know for sure if the emergency services have a different policy. We pay $200 for an 12-month sub with various other extensions available up to 54-months for $600. So the most economical option is still a little over $130/year.

In comparison, Audi Connect is something like $400/year.
      Current vehicles get 6 months in US/Can for VoC, lifetime security/emergency services are "lifetime" of the car, or 10 years.

2018 may see some changes in new vehicles VoC trial for US/Can that more closely match the EU counterparts.

Starting the car from the Apple Watch now works

-----------------------------------------------------------
      2017 Momentum (no +, I liked the metal better than wood)
      Convenience, Vision, Climate, HUD Packages
      20" wheels
      Black on Black

Android is still on 3.5.5
      2016 XC90 Momentum + w/Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuco View Post
      Android is still on 3.5.5
      Mine is 3.6.6
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PAII | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Mine is 3.6.6
      That's exactly what i meant to write

That's exactly what i meant to write
      Darn, and here I thought I had some special version lol
      2016 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PAII | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Darn, and here I thought I had some special version lol
      Yea i think they gave you the beta so you could work out all the bugs for us...

Yea i think they gave you the beta so you could work out all the bugs for us...
      lol

I'm missing the "last updated at XXX" info on the very bottom.
      There's no way to know now if the info shown (e.g. doors locked) is up to date. I use this functionality when I'm traveling which often means weak cell reception and thus weak Internet. Before I could see in the bottom status bar if the info had updated or if I should wait for a connection to be made to the servers.

Check out this thread where the Hybrid battery status info is back at least for MY16 T8: VOC App version 4.0 – Warning in Diagnostics. Do you have this message too?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

I do not see the last updated info. Hopefully, that will come back as it was very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | Air | HUD | et al | TSU installed May 16, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by NKetch22 View Post
      This isn't true. I have had battery status since I bought my 2016 in Nov. 2016 with it up to date. Battery status was in app. It did disappear from the app in Feb. but came back a few weeks later. Since seeing people had recently started indicating it was missing I noted that my app kept showing the incorrect charge level. Now, with the updated app, it is completely gone. Will probably be back in a patch update in a week or two, just like last time this happened.
      My experience was the same. I asked the dealer and they said the T8 battery monitoring feature had been removed while they were "working on it" and would be resolved by the end of the year. The other feature that stopped working months back was the graph of battery charge/discharge during recent trips. In fact, in the latest app version (4.0.0), it appears only the last trip log is recorded. The previous version logged multiple trips.
      Last edited by dpmatz; 05-22-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Just downloaded the 4.0.1 Android update, need to get used to it lol Battery info for the T8 is totally gone

The battery info removal might be annoying, but it's safe to assume Volvo decided that it would be better to not show that info at all than to have it be potentially markedly incorrect

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast